Posting Recruiting Updates

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 22, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Posting Recruiting Updates

Just an FYI, fellas. Becareful about the recruits you post in your updates. I mentioned a couple of guys that I had major leads on, and now suddenly, Georgia Tech is in the mix and trailing, causing me to heavily recruit these players hard again. Is this fair game? Sure. But now I'll only be posting about commits in the future.

Tom, get your ass on here. I'd like to kick your tail on the football field starting right now ...

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Yeah don't tip you hand on recruits you are into. Although, sometimes it becomes obvious when you see who is being offered a scholarship from who.

3. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Good idea to not post targets here- but in this case I had found those guys without looking at your TF recruiting update (but when I saw "Clemson" at the top of the list I knew that you would notice me putting in some time on them :) )

These are guys that the CPU was not recruiting, and they got added when I recently joined and restructured the board-

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Ego,

I actually try and avoid prospects that other users are interested in, unless I am a clear cut favorite. For instance, there were a couple of guys who had OSU listed ahead of me on their top 8 in the preseason. So I simply avoided them and went after guys I knew I could get easier. What I have now are plenty of 4* guys but only one 5*. I am now playing catchup on the 5*s but have a solid foundation of 4*s committed or soft committed.

5. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I am the same way- seeing a user team on the top of the list makes me less likely to go after someone- In this case I was just fishing to see if I can get some fast interest- will probably back off if you stay way out in front.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah I like to pick battles I can win. Although next season I may change that approach on a few 5* guys I like so I don't get left out in the cold.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

Its hard when you got two school in the same state like me and BYU. Every recruit I got after they are after as well. Most of the time TCU is as well.

8. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Damn that sucks Bdub

9. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

i dunno, i think its fun. Arch and I had a battle earlier for a strong armed qb (who goose inherited, how is that fair ha) Posting it on here is no diffrent then doing a little research and see who has offered and who is visiting.

10. bdub

bdub Walk On

I agree I like competing with users for recruits. Now if you have no chance at a recruit and you start spending time on him just to make the other guy waste extra time on him thats not cool.

11. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Lol, I don't mind the battles. But I also don't like wasting the time either.

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I have no problem going after a recruit another user team is interested in. I think that is part of the fun of the game.

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

agreed with the monster...bring it on bitches

14. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

1) I'm all for posting the recruiting battles that are naturally occuring, like what happened with Arch' and Mull'. However, there's no need for me to help facilitate a recruiting war by bringing up a recruit that hasn't been noticed by another user. That's what I feel I did with my latest recruiting update.

2) The computer did a crappy job with Clemson's recruiting. While I have a few big leads on a couple of quality recruits, Clemson scheduled recruiting visits so late that I'm unable to get the visits/commits now. It sucks. I just want to make sure that I am at least able to bring a few guys in.

3) Tom, keep wasting your recruiting hours. I'll pump 60 minutes into them per week until they're mine. Why? I have less than 10 targets, so I have nowhere else to spend the time.

4) I'll avoid some big battles, but not all. You have to pay to play so to speak. With schools of lesser prestige you have to be smart, so choosing your battles is key ... but you can't avoid all user conflict.

5) Mull', not afraid of recruiting battles? You're so brave! Must be nice to have that 5/6 star school, huh? ;)

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah well I get down. and yes, but the diffrence between a 5 and 6 is amazing. As Oregon at a 5 and penn state as a 6, it is night and day. And actually Easy set up my board, because he was on penn state right away, I didnt really change much. He went for a lot of depth at the o-line which is something I always know I should do (but never do). I get blinded by skill positions. I love recruiting RB,WR and CB. After that I usually phone it in.

Sidebar...should be opening a pipeline in Ohio after this year.