Postseason/Carousel/Etc

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 1, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Guys, the offseason, carousel, etc is approaching quickly. The next week involves only 3 user games, there should be no conf champ games for us (right?), and then we will have a handful of guys in bowl games (awesome and congrats!). But then the offseason.

I say this just to then say a couple of things:

1) We will be doing all of this in one long evening. My goal is that we can do it from 9pm - midnight (EST) or whenever finished. (basically doing the carousel and then moving in 15/20 min increments)
    2) To be sure, all 11 of us have to be online at the same time to do this succesfully
    3) Please begin thinking and planning now. We do not have specific dates or times, but this will basically entail you planning with your family a night dedicated to the offseason. Just expect it, plan for it... so that we can all really enjoy it (cuz it is gonna be pretty exciting to be sure).

Gonna be a good time. Prep the beer or coffee or kool-aid (mormon), and off we go!

Peace
    Heath

2. vatechhokie01

my big questions, and again, this might require some sacrifice froms some of us:

-are the california guys cool with figuring out a 6pm time frame?
    -are the central guys cool with figuring out a 8pm time frame?

peace
    heath

3. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

I'm cool with 8 central on certain nights. Some nights I'm at work until 10, but Tuesdays and Wednesdays are good for an 8pm start.

4. vatechhokie01

my guess is we will be ready for offseason on friday/saturday/sunday...

thoughts?

5. vatechhokie01

btw... nice freakin win bulldog. you are clearly figuring things out, unlike my sorry tail.

6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

9 ct works alot better for me but I dont plan on leaving bg and shouldnt have to recruit

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I can make it work pretty much any day this week. I'll update a final answer on my availability tomorrow when I check my work week out.

***On a side note (and you guys may already know this) if you have headset for PS3 then we can all be logged in to our Franchise and be use as a chat room. I have a headset for Socom so I'll be on.

8. vatechhokie01

headset is a very good idea. we will def be using the feature if everyone is game. just need to figure out a way to keep bonner from grunting the whole time.

9. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I am game at 6pst except for friday this week. And i will get a headset if we are going to do this and i don't grunt i just breathe heavy cause i am a fat guy!

10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Mouth breather

11. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Friday is bad for me too. If were doing it on the weekend I'm down for a late afternoon sat or anytime Sunday.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

I thought you breathed heavy cause you were playing with yourself? At least that's what you told me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Depending on tie breakers, I may still have a shot at the CUSA championship game. If they base it off of the way CUSA tie breakers work, I think I am in. If that happens, I will be able to play once we advance so their won't be any delay.

If we are in the offseason on Thursday or Friday, it won't be too tough for me to stay up and plow through it. As an east coaster, I would really like to start it at 9, 9:30 at the latest.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Goose

Goose Walk On

Whats the verdict on OC/DC positions? Are they open for the taking. I'm half tempted to be ok with to see how it works. What are everyone's thoughts now that we're almost through a season?

15. BulldogBully

Thanks. My guys played the freakin' game of their lives! I thought you dropped the difficulty level down or something. My O line was incredible, corners were tight, and QB was accurate. I threw 2 int's but it was plain stupidity by me. It was a great win for confidence. Don't let me go and figure this thing out!!

16. BulldogBully

Most basic Bluetooths will work with the PS3 as well. I thought about buying one of those socoms, but found an old Bluetooth my wife had with an old blackberry and it worked just fine.

17. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I think Heath said its a go on the OC/DC positions

• Like Like x 1
  18. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Probably won't be able to get on until 10 p.m. EST...should have recruiting done...system will have to do the first hr.

19. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Well the word on the street was that we were going to set up some guidelines to take new jobs....So we will get that information out to the people asap. There was a little concern about it being to easy but the guidelines wont be anything crazy

20. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Friday night doesnt work for me. Sunday night would be best.

21. vatechhokie01

I think we are going to tentatively plan on Sunday night, 9pmEST

-mullen, don't be a panzy. tell your wife you are playing football all sunday night starting at 8pm!
    -bulldog, does this work?
    -gramps... you are never available at 6pmCST? the carousel is obviously a big deal...if you guys get fired (dont think you will, but?) no idea what happens
    -remember, if you miss this you are missing the carousel, transfers, talking guys into staying (not sure how many of those we will have), recruiting, etc

22. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

6 p.m. is 7 p.m. EST....so available, but no access to PS3.....8 p.m. CST is 9 p.m. EST...just to recap the time zones....I know you are in another world.....will do my best...

23. vatechhokie01

lol...i just know im 6hrs behind EST and you are right in the middle right?

24. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Know where your coaches live!...I am CST, as in Big DaLLas...but way south...geez its no wonder the advances are always at random times...

25. vatechhokie01

lol... i always figured you with california. its all coming together now!