Postseason

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by DatNDaz, Feb 16, 2010.

1. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Postseason

So we've advanced to bowl games. Anyone near the 360 to see who the big award winners were? Any good bowl matchups? Is ND-Penn State our championship matchup?

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Wow! That's pretty amazing to me. I have no idea what his stats are like, but I'm assuming that he has squat for passing yards/TDs/efficiency, and has HB type numbers for rushing right? I'm surprised that they'd give the best QB award to a guy with numbers like that instead of someone with huge passing (IE. QB) numbers like Crist.

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    From memory

Passing
    1200 yards, 9 TD's 13 INT (like 40% passing), 98 QB rating

Rushing
    1930 yards rushing, 25 TD, 6+ ypc

So yea, that is pretty amazing that he won the O'Brian, he should have won the Doak Walker award, LOL.

If he comes back and has a similar year, he should break the all time rushing yards for a QB (set by Pat White).

4. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Crist's rating was very good, and I think he ended up with something like 3700 passing yards and maybe 30 TD's. He was probably 2nd or 3rd in the O'Brien race. He would have certainly won if I hadn't been spanking CPU teams most of the season and letting Archie take snaps from the 2nd/3rd quarter on in most games. I think Archie threw for about 1,200, and that's pretty much only in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when it's still reasonable to pass the ball with a lead.

I wanted to try to get Archie's rating up a little since he'll be starting next season, and also wanted to try to keep Crist healthy since his INJ rating is a joke.

But I agree Jello, usually in this game the Heisman loves rushing QB's, and I don't remember Denard being on the list. O'Brien seems to go to passers.

But congrats Shaun. Denard had a huge year, and another chapter in the shoelace-less saga is written.

5. jello1717

All I know is that Michigan didn't have any award winners. My team dominated everyone all year except for my automatic loss. However, I spread the ball around on offense. I think I have about the #3 rushing offense in the country, but don't have any backs with even 800 yards even though they've all remained healthy all year. Also, despite being one of the top rushing teams in the country every single year, I haven't had anyone rush for more than 901 yards so far in this entire OD. On the defensive side of the ball, my guys were so dominant this year that they spent most of the time sitting on the sidelines since they usually come out, force a 3 and out and then head back to the sidelines. Because of that, I don't have anyone with lots of tackles (70 is my highest), sacks (8), or INTs (7).

Combine me spreading the ball around on offense with my defense forcing tons of 3 and outs and it ended up with me having exactly 0 guys as even award finalists, let alone award winners. It's a real shame that the game relies on stats only and can't see how dominant players (mainly defensive ones) can be without putting up stats. Despite being the #4 team in the country, and dominating everyone (but 1 team) all season long, it's very possible that I won't even have a single All American on my team. In the last 2 years, I have only had 2 AAs combined.

Here is my favorite stat to show how dominant my team was this year. The ratio has skewed more towards "not quite as dominant" compared to earlier in the season, but here it is:
    # of Michigan kickoffs - 77
    # of opponent kickoffs - 37

Since 1 KO per game is guaranteed, even if you pitch a shutout, that means that my opponents have only kicked it off (after a score) 25 times on the season which is just a hair above twice per game. At about the midway point in the season, that number was around once per game.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

My SS Osborne won the Thorpe

My TE Cotton won the Mackey

My TE was a beast, It will suck to see him go. As for the safety, who is a senior also, I think the freshman I have coming in this year may be even better.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

ND gives up the stranglehold on the Mackey (Rudolph 2x, Ragone 1x). Gardner ended up #3 (at least as of a week ago) after leading the list for a while. Eifert was #7. Their stats combined would have been absurd.

The nice thing about having 2 solid TE's this season that were rated about the same, as opposed to 1 stud like the last 3 years, is that it opened my eyes to a few plays so that I now utilize both TE's in the passing game in my 2 TE sets. This may become a trend, so I may not be winning Mackey's like the first 3 years. Gardner and Eifert should both be back next year (Gardner will be, Eifert would be a 5th year Sr) so I imagine I'll be using both for another year. The year after that will be interesting since my 3rd TE is a blocker and I didn't recruit a TE this year (my biggest disappointment in an otherwise very good recruiting year). So Gardner stands to have a big year as a redshirt Jr.

8. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I was wrong about Crist, he only threw for 2900 yards. 33 TD's. Max's QB at Miss St had the best passing stats I think.

Was suprised to see Deon Spence won the Heisman. They love him for some reason, even though his stats really aren't to gaudy. I think his return stats help quite a bit. Spence ended up being ND's only All American, which is kinda whack.

9. jello1717

I can't wait for this guy to become your best rated receiver. Maybe then we'll see what kind of stats he puts up when his 97 speed ass isn't being guarded by dime backs and LBs...

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I have a similar guy in the Deuce right now...my #3/4 receiver with 95 speed and can really catch.

He is my leading receiver (not by much). He pretty much forces human opponents to play nickel at least. When I DO put him outside, that moves in my 98 overall stud inside, same situation.

Shaun

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

not sure how the team is going to look next year. I got a couple of hi-cal recruits. They could give me a better season than this year.

12. jello1717

I'm very curious to see how I do next year. I'm in the opposite boat as you. My team is loaded with studly SRs (I graduate 16 of them and 14 of them start) so next year's team will be very different (and probably vastly inferior) to my current one.

Over in TF:SE, my UNC team isn't nearly as good and I probably haven't even won half of my user games and I'm doing mediocre at best (I'm 7-4 this year). Over here, I've never lost to the CPU and I'm undefeated against users not named DatnDaz. The obvious cause of this effect is that my teams in this league have been very, very good, whereas my UNC teams have been mediocre to poor. This certainly seems to show that I don't have any skill and that I'm only capable of winning with a great team (I'm pretty sure that in going 8-0 against the other users in this OD that my team has been the better team in every single game).

It'll be interesting to see how I fare when I no longer have a team that can just beat up my opponents and that'll likely start happening next year.

13. jello1717

As predicted, for the 3rd year in a row, Michigan, a top 5 team, has 1 AA on their squad.