Potato Magic

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Full Moon Fever, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

[​IMG]

West Division Champions
    Autozone Liberty Bowl Champions

Season

@ Washington State W 62-35
    @ #20 Boise State W 45-35
    UL Lafayette W 52-14
    #12 Utah State W 56-52
    Arkansas State W 34-31
    @ Western Kentucky W 56-42
    Memphis W 45-7
    @ #9 Western Michigan L 42-62
    Middle Tennessee State W 59-7
    @ UL-Monroe W 77-14
    Fresno State W 66-41
    @ UAB W 41-28

@ #1 Army (CUSA Championship) L 51-54 (2 OT)
    Troy (Autozone Liberty Bowl) W 45-16

Award Winners

Maxwell Award - QB Bryan Sixmore
    Davey O'Brien Award - QB Bryan Sixmore
    Fred Biletnikoff Award - WR Mitchell Crockum
    Chuck Bednarik Award - JR FS Cedric Stephens
    Jim Thorpe Award - Jr FS Cedric Stephens

All Americans

1st Team -

#6 QB Bryan Sixmore, Sr
    #87 WR Mitchell Crockum, Sr
    #44 FS Cedric Stephens, Jr

2nd Team -

#98 DE Tom Merrill, Fr
    #40 SS Corey Cooper, Sr

Freshmen AA

#98 DE Tom Merrill
    #38 CB Alex Allen (RS)

Summary

Fun year. Sixmore was an absolute stud and could pinpoint anything. A weak offensive line hindered us, as well as a poor secondary, despite 3 All American defensive backs. They probably got those awards based on the large amount of tackles they made, as my linebacking corps was very disappointing.

Caught some breaks early in the year and then had some bad luck happen when WR Zach Berry was injured while scoring a touchdown by a cheapshot in the endzone against Western Michigan. In the CUSA Championship, I lost my other wideout and Biletnikoff winner Crockum in the first drive of the game. Then starting RB Shawn Calhoun went out for the game in the 3rd quarter. Still, I had the lead at the end and forced Army into an iced FG attempt to send us to OT. After allowing a touchdown, and then scoring on the first play of my offensive possession, in hindsight I probably should've gone for two and tried to win the whole thing on one play. Not many times you can say you'll win the conference if you can get three yards on one play. But I kicked and was held to a 4th and 3 on the next possession. I knew it was over when I kicked the FG, and it was when Army put a touchdown up on the ensuing possession. The team finished out with a win over Troy in the Liberty Bowl.

It was a fun year, but a little bit bittersweet with Calhoun and Sixmore being transfers rather than pure Vandals. Looking forward to next year when some redshirted talent will fill my roster.

The team also rose my prestige level to 5*.

For all the crap the West gets for not winning a championship yet, there are 2 5* programs in the West (Idaho and Utah State) compared to just 1 (WMU) in the East.

FMF