Potato MOFO do you speak it ?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Danthraxxx, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Dear sweet baby Tom Cruise I just had the worst customer service / support chat/call in my entire 35 year adult life. I must vent , hopefully somebody can laugh at my rage.

let me start by prefacing a few things ......

I have worked in call centers for hotel chains, credit cards and did a 7 year stint with a major cell phone company. I currently do phone support from home now as well. I have been the 1st person you talk to and the 3rd or 4th when you have a account or techicial problem. I get that people in these jobs sometimes get shit that they don't deserve....... I had a homeless woman threaten to kill herself on the phone with me becasue her cell got cut off for non payment (we have all gone through that am I right?) , I have had a kid prank call me with a bluetooth headset up his ass before ( kids these days I tell ya ). I had a woman cry to me telling me her credit card needs a limit increase so she can get an abortion (stripper problems ) ..... I have taken my undue punishment in this support game, but damn it this girl is so dumb I would have taken a shit on her desk and just called Lawdog for my legal options later if this was a face to face encounter. Never been so pissed about bad service before.

So here is what happened.

I have had mega issues with XBL and its new security updates. I get it , security is good, I had 1900$ stolen from my bank account before so I get it I really do. For the life of me I could not get online today so i call from my mancave in the basement on my cell phone, now using a cell underground even if it is 10 feet is asking for a drop call but I gotta do what I gotta do. My 1st two :asshat: people do not ask for my number when I call, and sure enough they drop. My next guy named Jamal seems cool , even said " aw man I feel you" when I told him I was pissed , so he seemed like my kinda dude. He gets my number and promises to call..... but my man was selling wolf tickets like a sumbitch and did not call me back:sour: . So I decide to try support chat and I get Zoey ..... my 1st instinct is Zoey ( if that is her real name ) is likely some green haired chick who does not know shit. Realizing I have been "Zoey" before I feel bad that I was judgemental and decide to give it shot. I knew we were in for a bumpy ride when it literally took her 3 min to ask her 1st question. You will notice an important part when I make 3 straight posts early on, giving full detail of what I have done.

As my man The Iron Shiek would say ....... fuck Zoey worse than Jose Canseco mother :mad::finger:

Here is the cut and paste from our chat , for the record my middle name is not Eugene :

“Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '9' in the queue."
    All agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. An agent will be with you shortly. You are currently '3' in the queue.
    Privacy Statement
    You are now chatting with 'Zoey'.
    Zoey: Hello! Thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support, this is Zoey, at your service!
    Daniel E.: I cannot sing into my xbox live on my console
    Daniel E.: security update caused this
    Zoey: I really do apologize for the inconvenience but no worries, I will make sure that you can get back to your account in no time.
    Zoey: Please give me one moment while I review your account, Daniel.
    Zoey: Thank you for waiting, Daniel.
    Daniel E.: ok
    Zoey: Do you have internet access on the console right now?
    Daniel E.: yes
    Zoey: Are you having log-in issues on the website or on the console?
    Daniel E.: console only
    Zoey: Are you getting an error message when you log in on the console?
    Daniel E.: getting error 80151011 when trying to download my profile back
    Zoey: I see. Since you can log-in on the website and not on the console, we need to delete the profile on the console again.
    Daniel E.: been talking with phone support, they had me delete the profile
    Zoey: After doing so I will be giving you steps that we can do to resolve this issue.
    Zoey: Aside from deleting profile, what were the other steps done by the previous agents?
    Daniel E.: I doubt it but lwts try
    Daniel E.: I updated all new security requirements : phone number , security question, secondary email and I even changed my pasword for the heck of it
    Daniel E.: I then cleared the cache 3 times
    Daniel E.: I then deleted my profile from console in my last call, but now I get prompt that profiles cannot be downloaded right now
    Zoey: I see. Have you tried deleting and updating system updates?
    Daniel E.: no , this infuriating by the way just so you know
    Daniel E.: will deleting updates fix this or are we just guessing at this point ?
    Daniel E.: ?
    Daniel E.: hello ?
    Zoey: It will help us resolve the issue.
    Daniel E.: ok , so where are they stored in the HD ?
    Zoey: Yes.
    Zoey: What I can suggest is to delete the profile on the console again.
    Zoey: Please let me know once the profile is deleted.
    Daniel E.: the profile is not on the console , I clearly explained that it did not let me download it. ...... So do you want me to delete the system updates or no ?
    Zoey: I see.
    Zoey: Now please go to storage.
    Daniel E.: ok
    Daniel E.: what next ?
    Zoey: On the storage device screen click on All devices.
    Daniel E.: done
    Zoey: Now, on the controller, please click on Left bumper, Right bumper (X) button and Left bumper, Right bumper (X) button again.
    Zoey: The console should restart from there.
    Daniel E.: is this in order or all at once ?
    Daniel E.: I have tried both and so far it is only trying to delete content
    Zoey: In order accordingly.
    Daniel E.: what prompt should I see on my screen if this is done correctly ?
    Zoey: It wont do anything on the screen. If the steps were done properly, the console will restart.
    Zoey: The screen should be on the All devices window.\
    Daniel E.: So it does not give a prompt about delete system updates ?
    Daniel E.: ok so after I have done this do I take the update at this time or no ?
    Zoey: Once the console restarted, it should automatically install or download the updates.
    Zoey: Just let me know once its downloading the updates.
    Daniel E.: about 65% or so I would say
    Zoey: Great!
    Daniel E.: high 90% at this point
    Zoey: Perfect! Let me know once it's finished.
    Daniel E.: just finished and re-booted
    Daniel E.: so what is next ?
    Zoey: Is the console on right now?
    Daniel E.: yes
    Zoey: Now, please log in to the account on the website.
    Daniel E.: at xbox.com correct ?
    Zoey: Correct.
    Daniel E.: ok done , signed in just fine
    Daniel E.: next ?
    Zoey: Now on the top left side of the screen, look for account settings.
    Daniel E.: do I need to go to "my account" first ? there is no account settings on the left
    Zoey: Do you have an outlook or hotmail account?
    Daniel E.: I am signed into xbox , so where do I need to go here ? I only have the 7 year old msn / outlook account that I used when I opened my xbox live account.
    Daniel E.: are we going to send a link or something to my email? I am confused why we are asking me this
    Zoey: We need to log in to your account to update the security information.
    Zoey: I apologize for the confusion.
    Daniel E.: again ? after I did this already earlier ? ok
    Zoey: How about logging in to your e-mail account, not on the xbox live account.
    Zoey: Can we please try that?
    Daniel E.: you understand that you keep flip flopping what we are going to do right ? .... I will go sign into the email now
    Zoey: Thank you.
    Daniel E.: I am signed into the email now
    Zoey: Please look for account settings.
    Zoey: Are you using a live or a hotmail e-mail account?
    Daniel E.: live I guess, like I said it is an old @msn.com email address that I do not really use
    Zoey: Alright. Now, do you have the account settings option on the top left?
    Zoey: It should be on a wrench icon on top.
    Daniel E.: no I do not, I am signed into my live account. There is no wrench. I am also using Safari browser but I highly doubt this is a browser issue. Be happy to email you a screen shot if you like
    Zoey: Do you see your picture on the top left with your name onit?
    Zoey: *on it?
    Daniel E.: you are referring to the live website, where I am logged in correct ?
    Zoey: Yes, that is correct.
    Daniel E.: it is on the right
    Daniel E.: ok so in account settings now
    Zoey: Scroll down and look for account security settings option.
    Daniel E.: password & security info ?
    Zoey: Yes, that is right.
    Daniel E.: ok , so what am I selecting from that menu ?
    Zoey: We need the information or add information on that screen.
    Daniel E.: need it how ? I already updated everything here ..... so are you telling me I need to go in and update these things again ? Which I did less than 2 hours ago ?
    Daniel E.: are you asking me to type & give you this information ?
    Zoey: No need.
    Zoey: Just add or update the information on that screen again.
    Zoey: Once finished, please go back to your console,
    Zoey: We need to perform system cache 3 times.
    Daniel E.: I have literally done all of this .....
    Daniel E.: the 3 options on this screen are : change password (did last night) , edit security info (already has my alt email & phone #) and close my account
    Zoey: Alright. Since the information was already updated, please check your console.
    Zoey: We need to perform system cache 3 times.
    Daniel E.: done
    Daniel E.: next step ?
    Daniel E.: hello ?
    Zoey: I am still connected, Daniel.
    Daniel E.: ok so what would you like me to do now
    Zoey: After doing system cache, re-download the profile again.
    Zoey: Please let me know if you are still getting the same issue.
    Daniel E.: ok so now it has my alternate email on file and is trying to take me through a process to add another account on file ? Why is none of the two hours worth of stuff I have done, and all of the info I have given not enough ?
    Daniel E.: I confirm that the email works but then it asks me to add yet another email , or a phone number , yet when I put them in it tells me in an error message that " sorry cannot use that email address"
    Zoey: It seems that you need to create a new and a valid email account.
    Zoey: It could also be that the e-mail you are trying to use is already taken.
    Zoey: Is it still on the process?
    Daniel E.: it is the alternate email on file that live used to reset my bod damn password you idiot. I canceled out of that and now I am in, you might be the worst support person I have ever spoken to in my entire life. You take 3min to ask me if I have internet, you do not respond in a timely manner, and either you did not look at any document to help you resolve this or you are doing it off of memory and you should lay off the pot as it is destroying what memory you have left. I have no clue how you got this support via chat job, you are horrible. This took longer than security protocol at a damn airport. I will be posting this chat online, not just to Xbox for review but I am going to plaster it everywhere , I could go hire some guy on fries at Wendy's and he would do this better than you.
    Your chat transcript will be sent to *at the end of your chat.
    Daniel E.: Good day to you ma'am

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Oh fuck that's awesome.

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Poor Zoey...... :(

She's just some uneducated girl trying to navigate through her crappy life, probably trying to support a couple of kids.... then she runs into Dan who is trying to get her fired....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

She should not be allowed in pool

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Dan were you yelling at your computer while you were chatting with her?

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oh god yes, was going off lol

Also .... trade me your TMFL draft picks since you will be away :D

7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Lol just missing draft and a few weeks my homie ill be back