Potential New Jobs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Sep 12, 2011.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Potential BCS Coaching Jobs

SEC-
    LSU-Les Miles-40%
    Kentucky- J. Phillips-42%
    Vanderbilt-J. Franklin-47%

PAC-12
    UW-Steve Sarkisian-40%
    CAL-Jeff Tedford-42%
    Arizona State-D. Erickson-45%

Independent
    BYU-B. Mendenhall at 40%

Big East
    South Florida-Skip Holtz-44%
    Syracuse- D. Marrone-46%

Big 12
    Missouri-G. Pinkel-41%
    Texas-M. Brown-45%

Big 10
    OSU-L. Fickell-34%
    Purdue-D. Hope-37%
    Northwestern-P. Fitzgerald-38%

ACC
    Georgia Tech-P. Johnson-25%
    Clemson-D. Swinney-37%

By the looks of things I like the potential of Northwestern, Missouri, Vandy, Kentucky.

2. Connor

Connor Walk On

Good ol Missouri. Basically my alma mater. I'm from Columbia. Hated when they lost this weekend to Arizona State. If they opened I doubt I'd take them though since I have them in another dynasty.

3. sreese

sreese Walk On

So you know whats gonna happen right. The mid level coaches are gonna get those jobs and we will get chances at the openings they leave. Atleast thats my theory.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Good theory!

5. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

The problem is a lot of those people have at least one year left in their contract so I think the majority of Users will be stuck at their schools for at least one more year.

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

My contract is up for renewal, I can go anywhere. In addition if you are referring to the CPU Coaches, I got to believe Ohio State's Coach, and GT's coach is getting fired regardless of how many years they have on their contract. The same thing could be said for Northwestern, Purdue, and Clemson, I believe those jobs will be open.

The real question, is will the CPU auto fill them? If there are no real good jobs open, I will probably sign an extension at UI, so I can play with Joe Montana Jr. ;)

7. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

All I know is that for you if Idaho comes up before them and you turn down that extension you could be in BIG trouble.

8. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

The dilemma for you is that you have to choose before the carousel whether or not you want to re-sign or enter the carousel. If you re-sign, you can't move jobs this offseason. If you don't re-sign, you enter the carousel but with no guarantee of getting signed. Last year, it was looking like mboda or sreese might go without a job until they were hired at UTEP and UNLV, respectively.

9. Connor

Connor Walk On

Just saying but that would suck

10. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

You can enter the carousel without resigning but if your team comes up before anyone else fires someone you have to make a tough call. It happened to me last year and I stayed.