Potential Sliders

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jul 13, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Potential Sliders

Please post any potential sliders sets you wish to have considered for play. Note, please also indicate the "Player Min Speed Threshold" #/slider that determines how much difference there is for every point in the speed rating (default is 50).

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

O.K. boyz I may have just found our slider set out from over at OS. I'm getting GREAT/REALISTIC results versus the CPU. With 8 minute quarters I'm getting anywhere from 110-120 plays which about right and the scores of two even teams are usually in the 20s for each club.

Let me know what you think about these:

Heisman, 8 mins, Slow game speed
    Player Min Speed Threshold: 35
    Rules: All 100 except False Start 65, Holding 50, Facemask 50, Clipping 50

Custom AI
    User/CPU
    QBA - 50/45
    PBL - 40/40
    WR Cat - 45/40
    RBA - 50/45
    RBL - 60/50
    Pass Cvr - 60/30
    Pass Rush - 60/30
    Interceptions - 30/35
    Rush Defense - 50/40
    Tackling - 60/50
    FGP - 50/50
    FGA - 0/35
    Punt PWr - 50/50
    Punt Accuracy - 50/30
    Kickoff - 50/50

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

0 FGA? Wow. Something like that always scares me until I can get naked and roll around with the game.

Otherwise, the numbers look great. Plus, don't count on me to lab much. I'm straight out with my family, work, baseball, and the assorted Bravo Sierra that comes along with being a gangster.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Just a werd to the wise focus a little on PATs otherwise you will hook/pull it.

I think the CPU FG Acc may also need to go up a notch or two. Recently they have been missing quite a few short FGs and PATs.

5. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Anyone messed with these?

6. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Yeah I've played about 3 games with these sliders with my WMU team. FWIW, here are my humble suggestions:

-running the ball is way too easy. I see gaping holes all the time and its no big deal to have a 8-20 yard run on first down. I rarely get stopped behind the line of scrimmage. Granted, my o-line is pretty solid (my best player on the team is an 85 LT), but I still think its pretty easy. I would say RBL down to 50.

-I surprising get a lot of pressure on the QB with just my front four. I would say pass rush down to 50 as well.

-WR catching up to 50 or maybe 55. I have seen way too many (like 6 in three games) plays where my open receiver just boots it. My #1 and #2 receivers are both impact players and rated in the high 70's and they just look stupid at times when they are wide open. I would be very interested to hear if anyone sees any of this.

Just my two cents...

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

The glaring trend is the dropped passes, or Baylor Paws, as it's commonly known in the GBN. Wide open, user controlled, cpu controlled, it hasn't mattered. My guys cannot hold on to the ball. Of course, if I play the other side vs. Dat U, my boys look like the second coming of the Crimson Tide. I know I suck, but cannot accept all the blame for this level of suck-itude.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

So has there been any movement towards one set or the other? I was late to the party on slider set up, made a half assed tweak, and would like to restart a dynasty to get ready for the season.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

My guess is we will go something close to the set above with a few tweaks here and there. There are several drops. However, it is the only way I have been able to get realistic completion % due to the rarity of just missed passes.

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I'll try these tonight hopefully. The only thing that sticks out is Holding being at 100. We are running with that in SoCom and there are a lot of holding calls. We play 7 minute qtrs too, so adding 4 extra minutes could put the number of holdings over the top.

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Lol don't matter to me I get my arse kicked a lot already

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Yeah, I'm down with Colts. I'm just looking to get an expectation of the waxing my ass will receive.

13. BDawg35

BDawg35 Walk On

I've been using a set of AA sliders posted at OS. You know, one of those one-size-fits-all sets. I swear you have to be a stick magician and do all of your own manual work if you use these things. Some of us don't/can't. They have rendered this game totally unplayable vs. the CPU if you're using a lower-level team, considering the CPU doesn't mass-sub in blowouts and pads the stats of its star players. I'm considering playing only GBN ball and some online games in NCAA and making my posting presence felt in Madden.

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I like the set of sliders posted earlier. The only bad part is the kicking. I just got whacked by Florida 47-7, but since my last game was even worse in 5 minute quarters, the game felt much more legit. I was able to run the ball at times, complete some passes, and the game felt much better. The UF kicker missed 4 FGs and an XP, so it could have been worse. Their defense got 22 hurries, 18 knockdowns and 9 sacks, so it could have been better. Eh, like I know what's the difference in ballin.:(

15. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Yeah the biggest problem area I have noticed is with CPU kicking. I'll probably bring that up 5 or 10 points. Funny thing is I really haven't seen a ton of Heisman sets. I got this set from OS as well. If anyone has any other sets they think I/we should try I'm all for it.

In the end, the slider set isn't going to be as important in the GBN this yr b/c so.... many of our games will be user v. user games (no sliders).

16. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just a suggestion before you guys make up your mind.

In the description thread for The Experience, I have posted what I think is a pretty fair set of sliders. Try them out if you feel like it.