POTW: Season 2, Week 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Zikry, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

QB: [​IMG]

Jordan Jefferson, LSU

This kid certainly shows no mercy! In LSU's 58-23 beatdown of Northwestern Jefferson refused to take a seat on the bench, even when the team was comfortably in the lead. Jefferson had a decent day passing, going 12-19 for 223 yards and 2 touchdowns, but it was his legs that gets him the honor of quarterback of the week here. Jefferson ended the day with 163 yards rushing on 10 rush attempts and 3 touchdowns, but I'd be wary if I were an LSU fan. Other teams won't just lay down and die like Northwestern did and Jefferson could get "jacked up" real quick if he continues to score with the game in hand. Be Warned.

HB:[​IMG]

Tauren Poole, Tennessee

What running back controversy? A week after his head coach publicly stated that he was mulling the idea of having David Oku in at starter Oku goes down during the game while Poole has a career day carrying the rock. In the Volunteers 41-13 shellacking of the Florida Gators Poole had 176 yards on 8 CARRIES!!! and 2 touchdowns. I don't know about you, but any time my running back averages 22 yards a carry, I think it's a pretty dam good day for him! Tennessee has certainly made a statement early on this season that they will certainly be in contention for top dogs in the SEC. Can they keep it up?

WR:[​IMG]

Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee

In a conference where there are receivers like AJ Green and Alshon Jeffery, Rogers is often over-looked when it comes to the conference's best, but opposing defenses certainly know who he is come the end of the game. In his team's 41-13 beatdown of Florida, Rogers made it looks like men vs boys as he torched the Gator secondary to the tune of 140 yards on 5 catches and 1 TD. When both Rogers and Poole get it going for the Vols, they are simply an unstoppable force.

Honorable Mention: Jarius Wright (Arkansas): 5 catches, 121 yards, 1 TD

DEF:[​IMG]

Karnell Hatcher, LSU

Hatcher certainly led the way for the LSU defense in their convincing win over Northwestern. Hatcher ended the day with 10 tackles and 1 forced fumble. Opposing offenses might have to watch out for this guy, and make sure they know where he is lining up every snap.

Honorable Mentions:

(1) Jack Tyler (Virginia Tech): 10 tackles
    (2) Sean Spence (Miami): 8 tackles, 1 sack
    (3) Qua Gilchrist (South Carolina): 9 tackles

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Nice work, Zik. That picture of Rogers is the shit.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

true good stuff man I look forward to you and radios weekly stuff

4. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

LOL @ that pic of Rogers. Someone from the SEC please lay some wood on this guy