POTW: Season 5, Week 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Zikry, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Sep 22, 2010
    QB: Bryan Bennett (Oregon)

Oregon...welcome to the Pac-10 discussion!! After a less than stellar start to the season there were many questions about the Ducks, especially considering they were coming off a year where they were crowned national champions. This week they were facing a tough, and undefeated, Arizona State team and looking at the money line it looked like the Sun Devils were the 'sexy' pick this week!! Well, The Ducks must have used that as bulletin board material as they picked up a quality conference win 49-25. Bennett ended the day 10-11 for 215 yards and 4 touchdowns, capping off a great team performance.

HB: Mark Cook (Cal)

Memo to Washington State: be sure to get your run defense in order BEFORE you step onto the field. Cook was in beast mode, carrying the ball 33 times for 330 yards and 3 touchdowns!!! It will be interesting to see if Cook is just THAT good, or if he was just able to take advantage of a poor Washington State run defense.

WR: Courtney Carr (USC)

The junior WR from USC gets his first POTW award here as he torched Washington's secondary to the tune of 4 catches for 170 yards and 2 scores. USC simply blew out their inferior competition this week, with their 51-0 destruction of Washington, and Carr was a big reason for the blowout. Also having a good week was Michigan WR Ryan Powell, who recorded 3 catches for 162 yards and 2 TDs in his team's 24-15 win over Tennessee.

DEF: Ryan Russell (Purdue)

The offensive line of Central Michigan certainly became very familiar with the back of Russell's head, as he was continually in the backfield treating their QB as his own personal rag-doll. Russell ended the day with 5 tackles, 4 of which were sacks, as Purdue ended up with the win 23-10.
  2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Jul 23, 2010
    Great stuff, Zikry! The loss to Michigan to open the season was painful, as it came down to a great goal-line stance by Onaradio in the final 3 seconds...but it was nothing compared to the fluky game against TCU where they put up 28 points on me before I even knew what the heck just happened! Nice to finally get on a little run now :)

Bennett was struggling early in the season, but that was probably my fault for not trusting my RB. Hopefully I've finally found the right mix!