Power Rankings Through Week 5

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dnf913, Aug 24, 2012.

1. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

1. Arkansas 5-0

[​IMG]

The Hogs, despite losing their starting QB, have thrived so far this season. The offense has put up huge numbers, averaging over 45 points a game. They have played only one user game so far and won in dominating fashion over a new look Ohio State squad.

2. South Carolina 5-0

[​IMG]

Some would say the Gamecocks should be ranked #1 as they beat the Hogs last season. While the Cocks look to have the Hogs number, this power ranking only takes into account this season so far. That takes nothing away from the Gamecocks, as they have shown they are extremely talented and well coached, and can come away with the close games as evidence by their game against Oregon.

3. Wisconsin 3-0

[​IMG]

The Badgers have only played 3 games so far, but they have been very impressive, including a huge win against a supremely talented USC team. Wisconsin is looking to right the ship after a tough year last year when the team failed to live up to preseason hype. All signs point to them do just that as they look to be a very tough team this year.

4. Alabama 4-0

[​IMG]

Alabama was on the brink of becoming a second tier SEC team, but that all changed with a coaching change. They are now one of the most dangerous teams in the nation and look to challenge for the national championship every year. Expect big things out of the crimson tide the rest of the season and into the future.

5. Oregon 3-1

[​IMG]

This Oregon team is very dangerous. They started off the season hot, with a surprise win over Michigan. They were riding high, ranked #1 in the nation. But that all came crashing down in a thrilling OT loss to South Carolina. Oregon is still in a great position in the Pac 12 and can really do some damage if they bounce back strong the rest of the way.

6. Stanford 3-1

[​IMG]

Stanford started the season with a great win against the powerhouse Utah Utes. However that good feeling didn’t last long when they were taken down in week 2 by Ohio State. However, since thin they have bounced back well with 2 wins in a row.

7. Ohio State 4-1

[​IMG]

The Buckeyes have looked very good this season aside from the blowout loss to the Razorbacks, however they showed that they were a team to be taken seriously by bouncing back nicely the next week against Michigan State on the road. Weeks 7 and 8 against Illinois and Wisconsin will decide what type of season the Buckeyes will have.

8. Michigan 2-2

[​IMG]

If you asked everyone before the season how many wins this Michigan team would have through 4 games, most would have said 4, or at least 3. However tough losses to Oregon and Notre Dame have made it a tough early season. Gardner has been a big step down from Denard, however I wouldn’t count out this Wolverine team the rest of the year, they are very dangerous.

9. USC 2-2

[​IMG]

See Michigan.

10. Cal 3-1

[​IMG]

It has been a crazy season at Cal so far, however with only 1 loss they have weathered the coaching change well. Given some time this Cal team can be very dangerous, however at this point it remains to be seen if they have the talent to compete with the powerhouses in the Pac12

11. Florida 3-1

[​IMG]

The Gators are a sleeping giant. They have the whole state of Florida to themselves and could be very talented very quickly. Time will tell if they will be able to put that talent to work in the form of wins and championhips.

12. Illinois 3-2

[​IMG]

The Illini survived a scare by Buffalo in week one, but were not as lucky in their week 2 loss to USC, although their offense did show that they could put up points, scoring 44 on the Trojans. They still have tough games versus Ohio State and Michigan so it could be another long season for the Illini.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nice work Nick. Too bad you didn't realize how bad Stanford was before this :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

haha, wow. Yea, I saw their loss while I was putting this together but didn't take it into account.

4. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Put me down at 12.

5. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I'll lose Kentucky.