Power Rankings: Week 2

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

Week 2 Power Rankings
    These power rankings are my interpretation of who has done the best and worst so far. They are for this past weeks games and last season. I will doing power rankings for this week, week 7, week 13, and after bowl week power rankings from now on. If you don't like my rankings, simple solution, make your own ;)
    #1 gabem67h4rb7golayyr7qsole.gif
    Best defense in the league and a Nat'l Championship victory. This is why Virginia Tech gets the number one spot. Even though they didn't play a game week one they still hold the crown from last year. I think that's well deserving of first place in any league.
    #2 be5cf8elejg8ha3fsgfo6gis2.gif
    Yes Florida is ranked 11th in the nation, but they came in second last season. Their only lose this entire league was to Virginia Tech. They have a good squad and could make it back to the promise land again this year. Plus they won their home opener last week, whooping the shit out of BYU. Congrats Florida you are #2.
    #3 fp0eeifoao1nkuk7v0zeuuerf.gif
    The Scarlet and Grey come in at #3 on these polls. With Heisman hopeful, Braxton Miller, returning for his junior year and Ohio St. pulling in some good young talent from recruiting, I'd say that they are in a good place this year. They face #1 Virginia Tech this week. Will they rise to the occasion or take a step back? Oh and it also helps they laid the wood to Cal last week.
    #4 2432.gif
    The Tigers get the #4 spot because they had a great season last year. Only losing two games, both to users is special. The main reason they are here is because they have Keihl Frazier back as their field general. He is a Heisman hopeful also and is poised for a breakout season. They also beat Wisconsin in the All-State Sugerbowl, so thats a huge plus.
    #5 2554.gif
    Hail to the Victor, well not quite. The Irish land a top spot because they proved they can win the big games. They beat Michigan last season and won the FedEx Orange Bowl in convincing fashion. They also have last years Heisman Trophy winner, RB, Cierre Wood, returning for his senior year. These are all pluses for Notre Dame, but heres a few minuses. The Big Ten, this is their first year inside an actual conference. No more playing army and navy for a few easy wins. How will they fair against the likes of Ohio State, Wisconsin, FSU, and Michigan (again)? I'll tell you in the week 6 power rankings.
    stay tuned for 6-12

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

This is fantastic Ben. Like where I'm sitting at number 3, though I feel like I could be swaped with Florida. Have a chance to prove that, and much more, against Virginia Tech tomorrow!

3. Ben

Ben Walk On

You sure do. I'm thinking the week 6 power rankings are going to look a lot different than they do now.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Can't wait, would like to see them fleshed out more though! The 6-12 spots are a bit of a log jam, would like to see your input.

5. Ben

Ben Walk On

Yea i figured that doing them every week might get boring to some. I mean how much can the rankings change in a week were we all play the cpu and we all win. I might do every 2-3 weeks. It's just going to depend on what type of upsets occur, etc.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think every 4 weeks would be pretty solid. Just do all 12 teams (you could edit that top post to include everyone too)

7. Ben

Ben Walk On

#6 ydl01hfj8hw4p1mbg1zd.gif
    Wisconsin gets the 6th spot. They had a great season last year, only losing to Big Ten champs Ohio State, and Auburn in the SugerBowl. Wisconsin may have lost Danny O'Brien and Montee Ball, but they still have their O-line. They even have this shifty kid named, James White, who had 178 yards rushing and 2 td's last week in the thrashing of UCF. Wisconsin always has good teams. They always have god runningbacks. They always prove themselves. I expect them to make some noise in the Big Ten, but will QB Bart Houston allow them to shine? We will find out.

#7 emxykwpleshgi2ytw1cfxl5ic.gif
    The Wolverines of Ann Arbor come in at #7. Wow it was a tough season last year for Michigan fans. Losing to hated Notre Dame and losing to even more hated Ohio State, not once but twice. They redeemed themselves during the bowl week, beating LSU. Now they face a new challenge. Denard Robinson is gone and QB controversy looms. Michigan can't afford to lose 2 years in a row to Ohio State. They need to find answers to their problems and fast. Probably the worst thing is we haven't even seen Michigan play yet. We will see this week as they play #15 FSU.

#8 jtgsmbstorbp8qp6z5a3hkmvj.gif
    That's right. Georgia Tech at #8, how shocking. There here because the other SEC teams had a tough ride last year. Georgia Tech has probably the most question marks out of any of the teams. Will the triple option work? Who in the heck is going to play QB? Runningbacks are mess for them. The play ECU this week so we will get a good glimpse of their offense. Defensively they need some help, but not nearly as much as their offense. They are #8 because they beat Georgia last year. They also beat heavy favorite Alabama in the Chick-fil-a Bowl last year. Enjoy it while it lasts GT.

#9 hr85j3g1duiqf59eiep9bvnsd.gif
    Georgia gets the #9 spot because they have a solid team returning this year. Crowning Syracuse last week was huge for them. Murray looked the best he had ever looked. Defense looks to be solid once again this year. But what the heck happened last season. Losing to S. Carolina, Florida, Auburn, and hated Georgia Tech. This team needs to beat OU to prove they have what it takes. OU may not be great this year, proving that last week by getting stomped 44-21 by Arizona State, but they can still play good and catch teams off gaurd. Aaron Murray is the biggest question mark for this team. If he plays good they win, but if he doesnt....they lose. End of discussion.

#10 5o2wuto6hq2592hhy9e4prm6e.gif
    Texas makes the #10 spot because I don't know jack crap about them. They picked on Houston last week beating the snot out of them, 38-10. Now they have a bye week this week. Texas could make some serious noise this year in the newly made Big 12. OU looks lost so they have that going for them. West Virginia wont be as explosive as they were last season. Georgia Tech runs the triple option so if you don't win its an embarrassment. Pretty much they have to contend with Virginia Tech, which is no easy task. We will see more of this team later on down the line.

*Stay tuned for the last 2*

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Lots of love for the Big 10, I don't think its a question on what the best user conference is. Heavy at the top with Ohio State and Notre Dame, but Wisconsin and Michigan provide so much depth and could easily supplant either team for a top spot. Not to mention the Media ranks Big Ten Teams as #2, #3, #6 and #7.

I think Texas has the chance to climb by the next set of power rankings. Great team, and I expect cmassey13 to have some stick skills as well. That game vs. TheMNorthFace at the end of the season will be very telling, and a cool matchup.

A lot of hate on Rekkapryde and his triple option, but I think he has been very impressive. With, by far, the worst squad last season, he played Va Tech close and beat Georgia.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

Ohio St swapped with Florida how you figure that? We had one loss to the national champions. Who was your loss Penn St? Your right were you need to be!..lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. Ben

Ben Walk On

The last 2 spots. These teams earned these spots.
    #11 2419.gif
    Arkansas comes in at #11 because they played atrocious at the end of last season. They did beat TCU in a bowl game, but what happened when they lost to Tulsa? I mean you have all that offseason controversy of losing Tyler Wilson to the NFL and then top it off by getting trashed by SMU week one. Who is going to play QB this year because Brandon Mitchell isn't going to cut it. Kniles Davis, their runningback is about the only bright spot on this team. Look for Arkansas to struggle this season. They look confused so far and its only week 2. At least tell me they will beat Colorado this week.
    #12 f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif
    The only team that deserves the #12 spot at this point in time. OU lost its opener to Arizona St. They got trashed by a team that played 3 QB's throughout the course of the game. OU is deserving of this spot. They lost Landry Jones, so who is going to play QB? They're defense lacks serious leadership. Honestly Boomer Sooner fans couldn't be more disappointed. All I can say is you better not lose to Texas because if you do OU fans will want your head on a stick. This team is on a downward spiral. Will they bounce back this week against #18 Georgia in Athens? They need this game. They can't afford to lose and start out 0-2, going into what is already a tough Big 12 conference. Do you hear that? It's OU fans asking if they can have their old conference alignment back.