Power Rankings: Week 9

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

Week 9 power rankings. You know the drill.
    #1 aar.gif
    Auburn is without a doubt the best team through week 8. With 2 wins over users and a 7-0 record is very impressive. Kiehl Frazier is having an incredible season so far with 1,401 yards passing. Auburn is a good favorite to win out and make it to the Nat'l Title Game. They only play one more user the rest of the regular season, which is Georgia. Time will tell if Auburn can continue being successful.

#2 ffa.gif
    Making a jump since the week 5 power rankings back to the #2 spot. This Gators team is undefeated with 2 user wins. Sitting at 6-0 they have looked very impressive so far. Jacoby Brissett has thrown for 1,404 yards and 18 td's. Florida plays Georgia in week 10 for their annual rivalry game. A win over the Bulldogs could clinch them the SEC East. Florida and Auburn could be the showdown in the SEC for the title and the representative of the SEC in the Nat'l Championship game.
    #3 mmk.gif
    Michigan deserves the number 3 spot and I'll tell you why. There only loss was to #1 Auburn and they beat a higher ranked Notre Dame in South Bend. 1-1 in user games so far ain't bad. Especially when they are 2 of the top tier teams in this league. Trick Washington has stepped up and played nicely so far this season. Ann Arbor is booming and thats the way it should be. They have a team that I nor the Big Ten expected to be this good. Besides, Michigan has a cakewalk the last 4 weeks before facing off against hated Ohio State, in week 14.
    #4-T ggb.gif
    Georgia is tied at the #4 spot in these rankings because of a few things. First they are undefeated and are 1-0 against users so far this season. The second reason is because of their margin of victory. Georgia has beat all of their opponents, except for 1, by 3 or more touchdowns. That is pretty impressive. Murray has played well all season. Key freshman are stepping up in a big way also. Next week Georgia plays Florida in an annual battle. We will see who Georgia really is at that point.
    #4-T tth.gif
    Texas and Georgia have very similar stories so far this season. They are both undefeated. 1-0 vs the same user. Destroyed practically every opponent they have faced. Key freshman stepping up and good QB play. I just don't know which one of these teams should be higher than the other. So this week they are tied at 4. Texas faces 2 users left in the regular season. More to come from them but they have been impressive so far. Malcolm Brown had been a beast on the ground.
    #5 nnx.gif
    Notre Dame comes in at the 5th spot. They have only 1 lose on the season, which came to Michigan at home. They had an impressive win against Wisconsin in week 3 at home. 1-1 vs users so far isnt bad at all. With only 3 games left they are in great position in the Big Ten. All they have to do is beat a good Texas team on the road and pray that Michigan loses to Ohio St. That could get them to the Big Ten title game, but that still might not be enough. Gunner Kiel has by far been the most impressive QB this season, throwing for 1,918 yards and 25 td's. Notre Dame has been impressive.
    *stay tuned for the 6-11*​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ben

Ben Walk On

#6 oob.gif
    The scarlet and grey were #1 in the power rankings week 5. Since then they have only lost one game, but it was such a key loss that they had to take a nose dive in the polls. They have only lost one game, they are 1-1 vs users so far, and Braxton Miller will most likely win the Heisman. BUT they only beat Michigan State by 1, they only beat Penn State by 3, and most importantly they lost to Wisconsin. This is not a knock on Wisconsin because they have a tough squad. Ohio St. had great talent come into Columbus this year and they had returning talent. They have a better team than Wisconsin this season so the loss was a bit unexpected. With a QB as good as Miller the loss didnt make to much sense. They still have time to redeem themselves. Their last user game is against hated Michigan. We will see what happens to the Buckeyes later on.

#7 wwo.gif
    Wisconsin gets the nod at #7. An impressive 3 point win against Ohio State on the road was huge for the Badgers. Now they close out the season against weak teams that they should be able to man handle. They had 2 very tough losses earlier in the year against Florida and Notre Dame, so it was good that they beat the Buckeyes. The Badgers are in a good spot right now. If they win out they could be playing for a Big Ten title. If Ohio State losses to Michigan in week 14 and Wisconsin wins out they are 100% in because of their win over OSU. This will give Michigan extra motivation to beat the crap out of Ohio State and should fuel the Buckeyes too. As far as Wisconsin goes, it helps having the best running back, James White, on your team.

#8 lli_2.gif
    LSU get the 8th spot on the list. They have a tough game against South Carolina this week. They should win the game though. LSU is 0-2 vs users so far this season. They have gotten beat by the top 2 teams, Auburn and Florida so it isn't all bad for the Tigers. The bad thing part is that they might not recover from those losses. The SEC West is pretty much pinned down by Auburn. Even if Auburn looses to Georgia, that will be their only lose. LSU just needs to focus on winning out and getting a good BCS bowl game bid.

#9 ooc.gif
    OU just keeps inching their way up the power rankings. They come in at #9 because of their key wins over cpu opponents. Ranked CPU opponents like, KSU and TTU. They also beat a user team, VT. Even though the game was simmed they still came out on top 24-21. with 3 losses they won't be playing for a BIG 12 title this season, but their is hope for OU. They have QB, Blake Bell, who is 3rd overall in passing and only a junior. For their sake they better hope he stays.

*stay tuned for the last 2*

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ben

Ben Walk On

#10 vvd.gif
    This VT team has gone from first to almost worst. They have 3 losses on the season. One of those losses was a simmed loss, lost to Kansas, and lost to a good OSU team. VT's has some serious problems, but lucky for them they will still most likely be playing for a Big 12 title game. The only team worse than them is GT, which happens to be in the same division as VT. VT can be thankful that they at least have somewhat of a decent defense left, but their offense still needs serious work. With only one user game remaining, against GT, they should at least finish the season with no fewer than 4 losses.

#11 ggc.gif
    It's hard to get much worse than GT. They, like VT, have 3 losses. The only difference is none of those losses have come from user opponents. Their last 3 games of the season are against users and none of those games will be easy wins. GT still has to many questions to answer. These are dark days for the Yellow Jackets. They can't decide who they want to play QB, Justin Thomas or Synjyn Days. Their leading rusher, RB, only has 256 yards on the ground. Through 6 games he has averaged 42 yards a game on the ground. Nothing more can be said about this GT team. I'd be very surprised if they finished this year with less than 6 losses.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Another great one Ben. And while I think its fair that I dipped in the rankings, it isnt correct to say that my team is better than Wisconsin's. I have an extremely young team, only three senior starters, and my team is rated lower than basically every other user team other than GTech

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

The four game win streak against ranked opponents really proved that my loss to Arizona State was just a fluke :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I beat OSU by 7 not 3 :). I'm almost positive as long as I win out ill be playing in the big ten title game.

7. Ben

Ben Walk On

Oh my mistake dude. Keep winning and you'll you'll be in a good spot in the next rankings.