Power Rankings: Wildcard Round, s1

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by klaximilian, Oct 24, 2012.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

[​IMG]1) Ravens – Hard to argue that the team with the #2 defense IN THE NFL and has won 6-straight games to enter the playoffs could be anything but the AFC favorites. The Ravens are practically bullet-proof at home with a 8-0 record. Did I mention they have home-field advantage?

[​IMG]2) Packers – The Packers have rested their starters, and they will get another week to prepare for their matchup against the lowest seed remaining in the NFC. Their defense has been top notch, but questions remain if their offense can pick up the slack if the defense fails to produce turnovers. “If” being the operative word, because this Packers defense is for real.

[​IMG]3) Seahawks – The defense has been the key to success in Seattle. Their secondary boasts the favorite for DPOY in Kam Chancellor, as well as Richard Sherman (13 INTs) and Earl Thomas (9 INTs). We’d say passing the ball against this time is not a wise option. In a pass first league, this team takes away the best route to winning a game. Offensively, there is still much to be desired.

[​IMG]4) Chiefs – The #1 ranked defense gets to rest for the wildcard round of the playoffs. Edging Coach Drew and the Broncos for the #2 seed and the division title, Coach Javy combines rare defensive stopping power with great ball control on offense. They will not shoot themselves in the foot, so you will have to earn a win the hard way if you come to Arrowhead.

[​IMG]5) Colts – Raw and unrefined, the Colts have some of the brightest future starts of the NFL. Coach James has them pointed in the right direction, but has stumbled the last few weeks. The Colts appeared to have rekindled the magic that has brought them to the playoffs just in time against their week 17 opponent Texans, but whether or not it carries into next week is a mystery.

[​IMG]6) Cardinals – Coach Curtis is no stranger to the playoffs, and is the 12th Man's equivalent to Bill Belichick, without the assholish personality. With targets Fitzgerald and Floyd, Skelton’s short-comings are masked slightly. The defense will keep the Cardinals in games, but Skelton must step up if this team is going to make a run.

[​IMG]7) Broncos – Victim of a late season stumble, the Broncos lost control of the AFC West when his running game faltered. His defense still attacks at will, and Von Miller must be accounted for at all times or he will destroy your QB's life. A tough and gritty power run game coupled with strong-armed Brock Osweiler, the Broncos are my dark horse of the AFC.

[​IMG]8) Saints – A late season surge powered by a strong running game has helped this team take over sole possession of the NFC South. They will host a playoff game in the dome conditions, but if they want to make a run to the SuperBowl, the road travels through Lambeau Field or the home of the 12th Man at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. Those are not desirable places to play at January as a dome team.
    [​IMG]9) Jets – Winners of their last 7 games, the Jets are hottest team in the NFL. Mark Sanchez has been on top of his game, and the defense has been a terror for opposing offenses. Revis Island and Alcrotraz will be likely be closed to all WRs to visit, just as they have been for most of the season.

[​IMG]10) Eagles – The Eagles have a opportunistic defense, and Coach Loren has the leagues INT co-leader in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. He also has a plethory of weapons on offense with Vick & McCoy. If the Eagles continue into the Divisional Round, the Packers or Hawks could have their hands full.

[​IMG]11) Jaguars – After the Jaguars were left for dead with a mid-season firing, Coach Daryl swooped in to clean up the mess. Since then, the Jaguars have been a top-tier contender and have nothing but momentum heading into their clash with division rivals the Indianapolis Colts. This team is not to be taken lightly.

[​IMG]12) Panthers – Cam Newton and this speedy and opportunistic defense found a way to win games down the stretch. Not many predicted the Panthers would be here over a month ago, but they made it and that’s all that matters. They will most likely square off with the Saints in back to back weeks. They should keep their gameplan close to the chest in week 17.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

impressive stuff

3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

well done Mr. Mims.

4. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Great read TJ, and congrats to all in the playoffs. Take it down James, counting on you!!!!:confused::D

5. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well see...looks like i have to get through Drew first. Should be a fun one.

Thnx tho Zo :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

It would be fun to play my cousin the afc championship and then my brother in the super bowl... pipe dream?

• Like Like x 1
  7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Now wouldn't that be interesting.

Lots of game left to play.

8. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

that would be interesting eh?

ya never know

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

nice TJ.

That would be crazy, but def cool.

My prediction... GB and KC meet in the SB and GB comes out on top. ;)

10. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hmm, now you have me thinking of a new thread idea.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

No faith in Skelton?? Me neither :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

My prediction... NFC West :rolleyes: vs AFC South.....with NFC Winning the bowl:eek: ...Sorry AFC South but cant stand the AFC...LOL...;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great post...

I see

IND vs. GBay and Green Bay taking it home

Good Luck to all playoff contestants...and may the NFL gods have mercy on you when you face the Browns in two seasons

• Like Like x 1
  14. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

Great post.......kudos to all the great post this season.....keep up the good work.