Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by dj illmatic 23, Sep 17, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Welcome to the new power rankings for The Legacy. These power rankings will rank the top 10 users in the league. While I will take into account roster talent, cpu games, rankings, etc, this is a cumulative poll that takes into account your career record. The two things that carry the most weight are user vs user records and my own personal opinions which will come into play as I play you during the course of the OD. The user vs user record will be listed in parentheses. I also plan on trying to add a little humor and talk a little shit, so if you're sensative please exit this thread now. I don't have a lot to go on right now, so this first list is based soley on what I've seen so far since joining the dynasty.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 Maryland Terrapins: (0-0)
    Maryland fell just short of a title last year losing in the championship game to Washington. Unfortunately for HovaTheGodMC they've lost a lot of talent. The Terrapins are starting a freshman QB, which is always tough. However, he does have the greatest name in NCAA history Tony Montana. Although with that name, he may have a coke problem as well. Hova has user games against Washington, Penn St, Georgia Tech, and Virginia this season, so he will have his work cut out for him to hold this position.
    [​IMG]
    #2 Colorado: (2-0)
    Colorado grabs the #2 spot solely on their week one win over Virginia. In that user game, uncleho ran the ball extremely well. He also forced four turnovers, while not commiting any himself. Colorado has user games against Georgia Tech (if Gyrene76 puts some more minutes on his pre-paid internet by then), Northwestern, Arizona St, and Cal.
    [​IMG]
    #3 Penn St: (1-0)
    Penn St is ranked #3 for three very good reasons:
    1- I don't know enough about the rest of you. However, I know myself very well.
    2- I'm 1-0 against Raidernation in my career, and he has the most talented team.
    3- I made the list:)
    The Nittany Lions have user games against Virginia, Maryland, Wisconsin, and Michigan St this season.
    [​IMG]
    #4 Washington: (0-1)
    The Huskies have the most talented team in The Legacy, which makes them a top contender for the #1 spot. You have to respect all the hard work and dedication coach Raidernation has put into making Washington a premier program in the nation:rolleyes: The Huskies will take on Michigan St, Maryland, Cal, Arizona St, and North Carolina this year.
    [​IMG]
    #5 Arizona St: (0-0)
    The Sun Devils are a tough team, and I seem to remember them getting a couple of big user wins last season. Abolishthefed got a free one against Georgia Tech, but he still has user games against Colorado, Washington, and Northwestern.
    [​IMG]
    #6 Wisconsin: (0-0)
    The new guy grabs the sixth spot based on his team's #5 ranking in the polls. He also has a secret weapon: the worst Internet connection in the world. People with dial-up think he has a shitty connection. The Badgers will battle Northwestern, Michigan St, and Penn St this season, and all three of those games are already lagging:)
    [​IMG]
    #7 Northwestern: (0-0)
    Northwestern hasn't played many user games yet, but they have beaten up on the CPU. The Wildcats have a talented team, and could have a say so in the BCS championship this season. They will have to go through Colorado, Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Arizona St in order to get their.
    [​IMG]
    #8 Virginia: (0-2)
    Despite the big loss to Colorado, Virginia grabs the #8 spot, because I have to face them this week. I don't want to give them any bulletin board material for our game by leaving them out of the top 10. Besides facing Penn St, the Cavaliers also have games against North Carolina and Maryland.
    [​IMG]
    #9 North Carolina: (0-0)
    I honestly know nothing about gwill's game, so he's here based solely on his tenure compared to the remaining users. Gwill will get pleanty of chances to climb the rankings this year as he takes on Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Washington.
    [​IMG]
    #10 Michigan St: (1-0)
    Gngsta is down at the 10 spot through no fault of his own. I'm pissed Michigan St didn't beat Notre Dame this past Saturday, and Gngsta has to suffer the consequences. The Spartans will go up against Washington, Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn St this year.
    [​IMG]
    #11 Georgia Tech: (0-1)
    If you want someone to write about you, make the top 10.
    [​IMG]
    #12 California: (0-0)
    see above

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

3. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

My team will be moving down the rankings quickly. ASU is an 83 overall this season with a 78 defense. I've played pretty well in user games, but I can't beat the computer on a regular basis.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Well, the good news is these rankings will be based primarily on user vs user games. The top 25 polls/BCS rankings already rate us according to our overall record.

5. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

He will be dominating this league fairly soon

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

We're just hoping he has an Internet connection fairly soon;)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Good work here fellas.

8. Gyrene76

:)

9. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Washington should defiantly be number 1 already lol We have a true freshman QB starting this year. He is a stud but very shaky on the road.

10. Gyrene76

I paid cash money this time for my pre-paid internet, so I should have at least a good 4 quarters.

11. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

We have some movement in the power rankings after several user games last week.​
    [​IMG]
    #1 Maryland Terrapins: (1-1)
    Maryland kicks off it's user game schedule with back to back games against Washington and Maryland. Time to earn the top spot.​
    [​IMG]
    #2 Colorado: (3-0)
    Colorado pulled out a close game against Georgia Tech last week. They take on Northwestern this week. A win for them and they could grab the top spot if Maryland falters.​
    [​IMG]
    #3 Penn St: (2-0)
    The Nittany Lions racked up their first user victory in The Legacy with a victory over Virginia last week. They have a week off to prepare for the top ranked Terrapins.
    [​IMG]
    #4 Michigan St: (1-0)
    The Spartans make the jump to #4 on the strength of their blow out victory over the Washington Huskies.​
    [​IMG]
    #5 Arizona St: (0-0)
    ASU is two weeks away from their showdown with #2 Colorado.​
    [​IMG]
    Still beating up on the CPU. He'll be asked to prove himself soon enough.​
    [​IMG]
    #7 Northwestern: (0-1)
    Northwestern's chance to shine comes this week as they take on #2 Colorado.​
    [​IMG]
    #8 Virginia: (0-2)
    Two user loses so far this season, but they did play the Nittany Lions extremely close.
    [​IMG]
    #9 North Carolina: (0-0)
    The Tar Heels can't move until they play a user game, so here they sit.
    [​IMG]
    #10 Washington: (0-2)
    Raidernation was given the keys to a Ferrari and he drove it like a Pinto. Luckily for Washington they get a chance to redeem themselves this week against #1 Maryland.
    [​IMG]
    #11 Georgia Tech: (0-1)
    If you want someone to write about you, make the top 10.
    [​IMG]
    #12 The Rest of the NCAA
    CPU
    Since the CPU has won two straight games against Fmode11 I thought it would be unfair to the CPU to rank Cal over them
    :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Raidernation

Hopefully I can soften the turtles up for you.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Hot off the presses!​
    [​IMG]
    #1 Colorado: (4-0)
    After three consecutive user wins to start the season, the Buffalo finally claim the top spot in our poll. They can't bask in the glory to long though. After a well deserved bye week, Arizona St comes to town​
    [​IMG]
    #2 Penn St: (2-0)
    PSU pulled off the upset of previously #1 Maryland this week. If not for the impressive showing by Colorado, the Nittany Lions would be sitting on top.
    [​IMG]
    #3 Michigan St: (2-0)
    Michigan St jumps to #3 in our latest poll. They have a week off to prepare for Northwestern, who will be looking to bounce back from their loss to Colorado.​
    [​IMG]
    #4 Maryland Terrapins: (1-1)
    Tough loss for the Terrapins this week, cost them their top spot. They have a couple of weeks to prepare for their next user game against conference foe Virginia.​
    [​IMG]
    #5 Arizona St: (0-1)
    ASU is one week away from their showdown with #2 Colorado. They feel they play their best ball against other Legacy members. Almost time to show and prove.​
    [​IMG]
    Still beating up on the CPU. He'll be asked to prove himself soon enough.​
    [​IMG]
    #7 Northwestern: (0-2)
    Northwestern lost to Colorado this week in convincing fashion. They'll look for redemption next week against conference foe Michigan St.​
    [​IMG]
    #8 North Carolina: (0-1)
    I lied. The Tar Heels can move without playing a user game. Losing to the CPU will drop you quick, so Virginia falls moving NC up a spot.
    [​IMG]
    #9 Washington: (0-3)
    Despite two user loses, Washington moves up as those around him struggle against the CPU. Cal comes to town next week looking to prove they've turned the corner here in The Legacy.[​IMG]
    #10 California: (1-0)
    Cal makes their debut in the top 10 after 2 wins against the CPU. How long they stay here will be determined by next week's game against Washington.​
    [​IMG]
    #11 Georgia Tech: (1-1)
    :doodie:
    [​IMG]
    #12 Virginia: (0-2)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

uncleho asserts his control of the Legacy throne!​
    [​IMG]
    #1 Colorado: (4-0)
    Colorado finished off the toughest opening schedule in The Legacy with his fourth consecutive user win. That is an impressive feat, and it looks like they'll be on top for a while.​
    [​IMG]
    #2 Penn St: (2-0)
    The only shot the Nittany Lions have of knocking off the Buffalo is to beat them head to head. They're a long way from that, and have user conference games of their own they have to worry about.
    [​IMG]
    #3 Michigan St: (2-0)
    Michigan St sits firmly at the three spot with a user win over Northwestern. The showdown with Penn St is fast approaching.​
    [​IMG]
    #4 Maryland Terrapins: (1-1)
    Tough loss to the CPU Canes, but they still hold at four. Their next user game against Virginia will tell us a lot.​
    [​IMG]
    #5 Arizona St: (0-2)
    Losing to the number one team in the power rankings in a tough, hard fought battle is nothing to be ashamed of, and it's nothing to fall down the rankings for. ASU doesn't. Their next user game is in two weeks against struggling Washington.​
    [​IMG]
    Wisconsin is in a holding pattern, because they haven't played a user game. That will all change in a few weeks when they play three consecutive user games.​
    [​IMG]
    #7 Georgia Tech: (1-2)
    Georgia Tech gave Colorado and ASU all they could handle, and they finally broke through last week with a win against UNC. They have a couple of weeks to prepare for their showdown with Maryland.
    [​IMG]
    #8 California: (1-0)
    The Golden Bears got off to a rough start in The Legacy, becoming the first user team in the long history of the power rankings ( a whole two weeks:) ) to be removed from the rankings all together in favor of the CPU. Since hitting rock bottom, Cal seems to have figured things out. Maybe they can give Washington and Raidernation some advice;)
    [​IMG]
    #9 North Carolina: (0-2)
    A tough loss to the Yellow Jackets knocks the Tar Heels down the poll, but they have a chance to redeem themselves in two weeks against Virginia.
    [​IMG]
    #10 Northwestern: (0-2)
    The Wildcats hung in their game against the Spartans for awhile, before MSU pulled away. They'll have a couple of weeks to regroup and prepare for Wisconsin.​
    [​IMG]
    #11 Virginia: (1-2)
    [​IMG]
    #9 Washington: (1-3)
    :doodie: :doodie:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

how the weak have risen. Colorado was originaly the worst team in the legacy!

17. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I drop from 8th (Big rise) back to 9th where I've been since these rankings started. Can we just put the Tar Heels in last just to save time?

18. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Have you seen Washington:)

19. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

I've read about them. It seems like North Carolina has hit the glass ceiling, so I'd prefer to be last/unranked.

20. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

dj illmatic 23 - good job with this. It might be easier to follow if you started a new thread for each time it's released. Unfortunately gwill was able to get a early win in week 1 against Cal when they were still the CPU, but Cal is on the rise. Located in SoCal, a recruiting hot bed, Cal will be a force for seasons to come!

21. Raidernation

New team ... check

New playbook ... Check

New sliders & game speed ... Check

Illmatic's pessimistic antics PRICLESS !!!

22. Raidernation

23. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

you can move me to 12th...def deserve it

24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Excuses are the tools of weak men;)

In the words of Jay, "don't bark at that tree/ that tree will fall on you"

• Like Like x 1
  25. Raidernation

And in my own words "Don't run your mouth if you know you can't win that race"

A reason for the wise is an excuse to a snake .... That's an off tha top freebie fuxwitme.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012