Practice Mode Freezing

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by IrishBearcat, Oct 24, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Was anybody ever able to get practice mode to work? Every time I try and practice it freezes at the loading screen.

2. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

No and it is ticking me off, I would like to confirm my offensive playbook selection before a game with this team, it is going to be painful no matter what but sheesh.

Going to be a run n shoot or Mizzou/Wyoming/North Texas like spread...I want to see how my run blocking Oline holds up vs pass rush to decide and cant.

3. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

It won't hold up against my pass rush. My DEs are going to eat your QB for dinner. They combined for 31 sacks last season.

4. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

practice mode always freezes but even if it didnt i am almost sure custom playbooks still dont show up once you get to practice, it is just the default school book that you have...

5. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Some schools steal mascots, Howard will be stealing opposing team jersey for the QB to wear, causing confusion for the defense!!!!

6. TheeAmazingness

TheeAmazingness Walk On

Maybe cause they are custom teams? I really don't know, I've had trouble too.

7. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Yea practice mode hasn't worked for a long time for whatever reason.

8. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I think custom conferences may mess it up. Anytime I'm in a normal league, practice works fine.

9. IrishBearcat

I went to the teambuilder website and literally recreated all of my starting offensive players.

It took about 25 minutes, but at least now I can practice whenever I'd like for this season.

10. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Been contemplating that...probably only option

11. DirtycashDylan

Tell you what, how about we can all restart our first computer game of the year? Unless that game is vs a ranked opponent i.e. Nik vs Bama, and then it'd be the next game. That way it gives us the ability to get some practice time in.

It's not ideal but it is what it is.

This would only be available for the first game vs an unranked opponent.

12. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

13. IrishBearcat

I'm not sure we should hand everyone a free win since there are varying degrees of opening game difficulties and varying degrees of user talent.

If we were to do something like this, then we should schedule a FCS game for everyone for the first week next season.

14. DirtycashDylan

Except an FCS school wouldn't be worth practicing against.

15. IrishBearcat

Well I'm not sure I agree just giving away a free win on the schedule unless it was an equally meaningless game for everyone.

My opinion is only one though.

16. DirtycashDylan

I can't remember the last time I needed a free win to be given to me, and certainly not a free win vs an unranked team. I see what you're saying and this isn't ideal, but we didn't ask for practice mode to be F'd up.

The guys that need multiple tries to beat an unranked team, do we need to worry about 'giving' them free wins? We started out the year 'giving' Crumb the best team. I gave Harvard 3 FCS schools on their schedule for chrissakes.

17. IrishBearcat

We're building programs from scratch, no game is a lock to be won. I could understand if we were all 6 star teams and owning the CPU, but that's not the case.

It does take away from the legitimacy of the concept, but only to a small extent.

18. DirtycashDylan

Then don't do it. This has nothing to do with you and everything to do with whether Guru gets to get some practice time in. That's just how I feel anyway. Anyone else care to weigh in? It really isn't a big deal imo.

19. IrishBearcat

I definitely will not be restarting, even if San Jose State beats me.

20. DirtycashDylan

You and I both know San Jose State isn't beating you. I'm pretty sure Nik has the only challenging game in week 1.

21. DirtycashDylan

Ball State, UMass, Wake, Vandy, Penn State, Toledo, San Jose, Ole Miss, Buffalo, and Alabama are our Week 1 games. Gyrene76 and JQwon13 have Penn State and Ole Miss respectively so maybe they can wait til next week if they want to practice.

22. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

That's fine with me Dylan.

23. Qwigly

Qwigly Walk On

Good coach knows what scheme he wants to us, a smart coach adjusts to what his personnel are able to execute!

I appreciate trying to find a work around for EA. As a new coach with a brand new team, it is hard to gauge what the team can do without being able to lab it some.

I have not gone so far as to recreate the exact team but have been labbing a few different offensive styles using a D rated team vs C rated cpu teams on heisman (first time I have played on this setting) since joining the league. Pretty sure with 2 or 10 tries (regardless of offensive and defensive schemes), this Howard squad isnt going to knock off Vandy LOL.

The restart idea could at least give me a feel for the team, however I will go with the majority with regard to this.

24. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

i need ZERO practice time with my book.. ive been using my book in other OD's and in online play... i agreed to it for the guys that dont use customs to feel out what is best for their teams... i dont need any time at all... i can call my offense blind folded... ive spent a combined total from buying the game until now... about 5 hours getting every quick audible to what i want in EVERY formation... have i made my point that i dont need a practice game? lol

25. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Is it possible to change the audibles within the formation, ie quick pass, pa pass, deep pass and run?