Practice

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Ace847, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

I just finished my first practice and completed the challenge (it was an easy one). That got me thinking about people starting a practice and if things werent going well quiting before the end of the practice so they could try again. I hope none of us here are that desperate to cheat but is there any way to guard against this or will we just have a gentlemens agreement?

2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Not sure but I think I remember reading somewhere that if you quit a practice, you just get the minimum XP possible.

3. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

I'm pretty sure if you lose the practice you can just give it another go, at leas that's what happened to me.

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ok, lets start fro mthe beginning, how do you even get to practice? dont see it anywhere to select in the game...

5. CalebMackie

We are referring to practice mode within CCM

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Yes, how do you get there?

7. CalebMackie

When you start up a CCM you look at the screen for your options and this includes: Practice/Season Game/Scouting/

8. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ok so where is that, went i go to CCM i go directly to the news center

So there are four tabs, news center, my career, my actions and more. Which one of those tabs is practice is in?

If i go to my careers tab i can go to view my goals, compare my legacy and purchase upgrades

if i go to my actions, i go to the checlist which is play preaseason game and select ready to advance

if i go to more i can go to personnel, my career, stats, strategy, history and my league.

So which one of the tabs should i be going to to practice?

Thanks for the help.

9. CalebMackie

It should be in your my actions tab right before play preseason game but right under cuts

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Ok so here is the problem, i have two on my checklist under my actions.

Pre season game
    ready to advance

I've seen videos that shows cuts, practice etc etc....how do i get to that point? do you have to play your game, sim, click ready to advance or it was there from the start?

11. CalebMackie

It's possible you could just have a glitch for the first week because that should all be there

12. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

That is awesome. Can't wait to see more of this game. :rolleyes:

13. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

Thanks man. I just picked the first goal which was easy and wasn't sure what happens if you fail. That pretty much answers my question. That's good to know that I can try other more difficult scenario's without worrying that I will fail the first few times.

14. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

I also only have play preseason game and Advance. SMH...

15. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Has any preseason games been played?

16. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

We have to wait until this "FA DRaft" is over...

17. BirdDog1980

BirdDog1980 Walk On

I only have Pre-Season/Advance as well. In fact, I didn't even have the option to cut anyone yet, but I think that's because Tampa's roster was already at 70, therefore already at/under the limit for the first week.

18. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

I think we are all talking about this CCM, and you are correct I think everyone should just have play preseason/advance checklist at the moment. I'm not sure what's holding it up to do the other options....Maybe RynoAid can shed some light on this for us....

But then again ..."we talkin 'bout practice man..not the game..not the game, talkin 'bout practice man......"

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

if you joined AFTER i started the CCM, you will not see practice.. It's a bug i think. We could fix this, but it would require starting up a new CCM and have everyone join back in, then sign all their FA's, then move on.

20. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

So..do we just miss out on the first practice opportunity for preseason week 1....Preseason week 2 it should be there correct? And are we waiting for the FA draft to be complete before we start playing pre-season games? Not sure if I saw an answer for that...

21. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Thing is though, for some reason there are players that are FAs that should be on teams. Even rookies that were drafted like Juron Criner (unless I saw something incorrectly).

If we can restart it I don't think it would be a problem, since we were looking like the first CCM to start up anyway. But I don't wanna be at a disadvantage when it can be solved rather simply.

22. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

we can't even get guys to login to this CCM efficiently, but you think it's simple to quit and get everyone to sign back in... it would take 3 days.

23. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I was gona mention that. Juron criner should be on raiders. I was looking for him. Not sure why he was listed as fa, could be because he was a holdout for awhile.

i would be in favor of restart but i see barely half the league joined so far. So may be a headache to get people to get back on.

24. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Alas, I viewed it the other way around. I figured it would be easy since everyone didn't join.

I'm in favor of doing what's best. But I have a question - Have our rosters already been expanded? Or can some of us not cut players because we're still sitting at 53?