Practicing with redshirts.

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Full Moon Fever, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

In practice mode the other day, I tried to put in a transfer RB that is redshirting this season just to see what Im getting. The game tells me that if I sub him in, I will lose his redshirt. Small thing, but I wish they would fix that.

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm pretty sure as long as the players don't register a stat they would still redshirt.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It doesn't take the redshirt off if you switch during practice.. It's just a formality.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have tried it btw so I know it doesn't..

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah I have also done this. It does not remove the redshirt if they practice. Hell I had an offensive lineman that played in a game for me last year but didn't register any stats. He still got a redshirt in the offseason, not sure how.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Thats lame, I did notice something cool last season in T1 with UCLA, I had two freshman LBs who are pretty lousy outside of speed I think they both played some but never registered a stat.

This season starts and they are now RS Freshman? At first I was like WTF, then I thought nice job EA you got that right. Now what they need to do is fix the Medical redshirt and add discipline back to the game. Oh how I would love for Helli to lose a player or two because his program is out of control before he comes to UCLA one season!

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I have faced you and Fosh at full strength maybe twice out of all the years we've played. Almost always, my best players are injured by the time we play. Whether it was Mike Anderson in NCAA 10, or Josh Johnson last year (best WR) there's always somebody important missing.

8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I wish Medical redshirts were too man. I lost Tyrod Taylor for essentially the season...sucks because not getting him at all now

9. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Whatever...like nobody has ever had injuries against you...

[​IMG]

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

[​IMG]
    u said you wished I would be missing a player just once. I said we usually are.

11. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Well good to know. I figured that might be the case but I didn't want to take any risk of losing his redshirt. And yeah, medical redshirts would be cool. I lost my only good player for the season in week 3. What a bummer.