Pre Draft Order Mock (1.0)

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by Michael Overman, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Hello fellow league members-

[​IMG]

As you all know, we have filled up the majority of the league and will likely have a full 32 team group assembled and ready to go soon. When the remaining four spots are filled, the Q, will be at capacity and the waiting list will continue to form.

Once we have our active and solid 32 owners locked in for the M25 cycle...a random draft order will be determined for team selection (Although team selection will not officially begin until days after the actual game releases itself ). The release of the random draft order is undeniably exciting. You won't know what team you are getting but you can begin to speculate and that can be quite a fun process as well.

So without further ado - Here is our first PRE DRAFT ORDER - MOCK DRAFT

Pre Draft Order Mock (1.0)

[​IMG] 1. 49ers- NO BRAINER PICK - The 49ers come complete with a roster ready to go to the Super Bowl. You could argue that MLB Patrick Willis is the best defensive player in Madden. When you combine that with the extensive all pro cast AND mega sensation QB Colin Kapernick you have yourself a combo like no other. The game has expanded it's read option plays this year, and this is one of the main teams that contributed to the additions.

[​IMG] 2. Redskins- This pick rests more on the QB's shoulders then the previous 49ers pick. RGIII is a gem, and people want to play with him...rightly so. When you factor in that the Redskins are actually pretty deep, and you get a defensive play-maker like Orakpo, they are an instant consideration for a top 3 spot.

[​IMG] 3. Packers- You have to consider taking the Packers, if not for their much heralded history, for their deadly accurate and mobile QB Aaron Rodgers. The Packers have alot of overall fan fare around them, and they are a solid team with a good mix of young and old players. They will go early I'd think.

[​IMG] 4. Seahawks- I think Pete Carroll plays Madden, b/c his roster feels like a Madden geeks dream. In Free Agency this year the Seattle coach went hogwild and signed a bunch of talented players including: Cliff Avril, Percy Harvin, Michael Bennett. They added to an already deep defensive roster, and also got a dynamite play-maker on offense in Percy Harvin. QB Russell Wilson fits the read option mode of QB play which will make this team even more appealing.

[​IMG] 5. Cowboys- FAN LOVE - Someone will pick this team b/c they are a homer, and this is America's team...right? I think DeMarcus Ware has earned a spot as a defensive stud and workhorse year in and year out. I'm really liking the young CB Claiborne. On Offense you have Jessica Simpson's ex, Dez Bryant and all his personalities, often injured running back D. Murray. It is going to be dramatic fun...Cowboys football.

[​IMG] 6. Broncos- I think some people might balk b/c of Peyton Mannings age, but this team has a lot of great parts. Even if you have to rebuild around a few players, this team is built to win and have some fun along the way. WR Wes Welker comes over to give Peyton a very fun receiving option. Von Miller and Champ Bailey are some highlights of a solid and stout defense.

[​IMG] 7. Giants- The NY market had to have one team in the top 8. The Giants win out b/c Eli Manning is better then Mark Sanchez...in everything I can think of. Getting to throw to receivers like Hakeem Nicks and Victor Salsa Cruz make life grand. The Giants as always also have some defensive players that can pack a punch. JPP paired up with Justin Tuck is a lethal combo.

[​IMG] 8. Bengals- CALL ME CRAZY - I think the Bengals will be a surprise early pick team. This defense is crazy good, when I started to look at the roster. Their defensive line is one of the best in the leagues with Michael Johnson and Atkins being main contributors. Leon Hall is a very talented CB and often underrated. On offense you have a fisher price start up kit...waiting for you. Young QB - Dalton Young WR - AJ Green Young RB G. Bernard . I think this team will surprise people.

• Like Like x 5
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Glad to see my preliminary top 5 didn't make the top 8 in this list.

Good list. I could also see the Dolphins getting swooped up early.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Nice, nice!! I have one or two of these teams on my list as well! I wonder who the next 8 will be!? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

PART II - Complete content provided by ThaBayouChef

Thanks Loren...Great Write Up

[​IMG] 9. Houston Texans – The Texans picked up a big piece to help their defense for this coming season. And he just so happens to be one of the best Madden players ever, Ed Reed. They then used their #1 draft pick on WR DeAndre Hopkins, and paired with Andre Johnson could have one of the best WR duos in the league.

[​IMG] 10. Minnesota Vikings – AP. AP. AP. And oh yeah, they did have 3 first round picks this previous draft. A whole lot of youth for any prospective and invested owner to pass up.

[​IMG] 11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – This team had one of the best off-seasons of any squad. They brought in S Dasean Goldson as well as DB Darelle Revis. Couple them with 2nd year men Mark Barron and Levonte David, Tampa will have a serious defense in the Madden World. And also that little pesky “Muscle Hamster” on offense.

[​IMG] 12. Detroit Lions – The Lions have everyone’s favorite WR in the Madden world, Calvin Johnson. They also brought in the speedy Reggie Bush to man their backfield this season. Two of Madden’s all-time favorite players at their positions, this team won’t last long.

[​IMG] 13. Arizona Cardinals – Well they finally have a QB who has some sort of capability. And possibly two of the best secondary players in Madden’s future, Patrick Peterson and Tyrann “Honey Badger” Mathieu.

[​IMG] 14. St. Louis Rams – They have a good young defense and their rookie WR Tayvon Austin will be sure to generate a lot of Madden buzz.

[​IMG] 15. Atlanta Falcons – One of the better teams in the “real world” doesn’t have any stand out, special Madden talent. Of course Julio is always a big threat and Roddy White is no slouch either and of course they added RB Stephen Jackson to their backfield...Ok, ok maybe they do have a liiiittttle talent, but I still think the lack of well-known players on defense is the only reason I could possibly see this team falling to the mid point of the draft.

[​IMG] 16. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton and Luke Kuelechy are two big reasons this team may go earlier than 16. If not, you can attribute Carolina’s lack of offensive firepower to the cause of them slipping down in the draft.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

C'mon Jags!

6. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

TJ your taking the Phins dont try to hide it :)

7. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'll take whoever is left at 32 (London Jaguars)

• Like Like x 1
  8. kevinmack

kevinmack Walk On

Or 1st pick i bet you draft the JETSSSSS!! :)

9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

The next portion of the mock draft...will be released later this evening

We will save the last 8 teams for tomorrow...Demo Release Day

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Thanks for making my team even more appealing! I need some really good luck unless all you guys are really nice :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I will pay good money for the #2 pick, IJS!

12. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Will we roll out the draft order at least before the release of the game? id love to know my pick asap lol

13. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Can we trade draft picks with someone? lol

14. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

not a bad idea

15. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I will trade anyone my 2nd round draft pick (in the real player draft) for the 49ers :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

read the yellow at the top

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. CHUNKNESS

In the past, guys were allowed to change team draft positions if the owners agree to do so. However, trading players, picks, or any other form of compensation was not allowed. We had also allowed guys to swap teams before we kicked off the franchise in case anyone wanted to do so. Once again, trading players, picks, or any other form of compensation was not allowed in order to make the swap. Once we kicked off the franchise, everyone was locked in to their team. I'm sure Jim and Michael will provide additional clarification as far as what they will allow once we get closer to that point for the team draft and the start of the CFM.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Yeah I kind of figured that. Was just playing around. But that is good to know! Maybe we will have some generous guys!

19. CHUNKNESS

I figured you were. We've had a few guys swap out in the past. I may be doing so myself depending on what mood I'm in after viewing the CFM.

20. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

How exactly is the draft order determined? The random number generator?

21. CHUNKNESS

In the past I've literally drawn names out of a hat. Jim used a randomizer last year.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You should draw them out of a hat and record it then post it or have a live video feed of you. That would be dramatic!

• Like Like x 1
  23. CHUNKNESS

I broadcast it live, but not sure many viewed it. Jim uses DraftPickLottery.com.

• Like Like x 1
  24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

That's depending on where you draft, and WHO you try to trade with, that could easily cost you every 1st rounder from 2014-2020.

Welcome to the League ^

• Like Like x 2
  25. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Number 32 draft pick here I come!!! Hello Bills or Jaguars... Crap.. I have a bad feeling about my draft spot!!!

• Like Like x 1