Pre-Game Hype/ Predictions Week 14

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dj391, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Pre-Game Hype/ Predictions Week 14

Seeing that we have some HUGEEEEE matchups next week I thought id get an early jump since we seem to move so fast through these user games. We have 3 games this week with BCS Bowls implications. And games with teams hoping to just get into the late December games. Lets see how they stack up........
    (RANKINGS AND STATS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO US NOT BEING ADVANCED YET)

Michigan vs Texas Tech

Coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Buckeyes the Wolverines hope to rebound and knock the Red Raiders from bowl contention. Statistically on paper they are as even as they come offensively both ranking low in those categories, in this one it will come down to turnovers and which QB can keep its team in the game. Neither have the big play RB youd hope for when youd like to control the clock. This one will be won through the air and i think the Red Raiders will become bowl eligible after this week.

Go Tech!!!!

#7 Oklahoma vs FSU

This is another game where a team could potentially be knocked from bowl eligibility and unfortunately it would be an ACC team. Fsu comes into this game after losing to hated rival Florida. Both teams are both again pretty much even stats wise and team wise. I think the Seminoles will come into this one fired up trying to gain bowl eligibility and not wanting to lose at home. And i believe they will come out of this one victorious..

Go Noles!!!!

#4 Texas vs #6 Penn St.

Talk about a big game at the end of a year. This one could send either team into the national championship game if won by either teams with a OSU loss of course and with the BCS ranking the winner higher than Louisville with their week schedule. Texas comes in with one of the most high powered offenses and dominating defenses as i've seen in a while. Not to be out done though Penn St. also comes in with a good offense and stout defense. This game will come down to turnovers yet again as both teams have managed to be in the positives of both categories. The Texas run game though will be the difference in this one. If one goes down they just keep sending them at you with 3 different running backs having a rating over 93 with 93 speed or higher. If the Nittney Lions can someone contain this run game then look for the Texas offense to air it out against this vet defense of the Lions. But i dont see the run game being stopped in this one as Texas will run all over this weak Big 10 defense.

Go Longhorns!!!

#1 USC vs #16 Ucla

This is a surprisingly key matchup in both the pac 10 and the BCS Title game picture. The upstart Bruins look to knock the Trojans off their high horse in the pac 10 which they have dominated for as long as anyone can remember. They will have one hell of a time doing so though as the SC offense is just a machine through the air. Led by heisman candidate Matt Barkley who is having one hell of a season throwing for over 3500 yards and 41 touchdowns??? Are you kidding me? And after having interception troubles early in the year hes calmed that down only throwing 16 on the season. I admire the bruins and their grit but when it comes to picking them against this powerful SC attack??? NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

GO TROJANS!!!!

GAME OF THE WEEK..

#2 Va Tech vs #5 Ohio State

This one i can not predict but with all of the smack talking going on between these two teams and their conferences how could i resist breaking this one down....

Ohio State comes into this game ranked #1 in both offense and scoring how could the Hokies possibly compete with that right?? Wrong they are #4 in the nation in scoring and #1 in run offense as the Buckeyes seem to lack a run defense period. The Va tech defense is just as good as they are no less than 21 in any defensive category. And are ranked #2 in TOD they dont make mistakes and they will capitalize on your mistakes. But the Tech offense took a huge blow though when they lost RB David wilson for 4 weeks. Freshman RB Greg Halloway will see every carry this game for the Hokies who dont plan on changing their offense just because they lost their main back. The OSU defense better be ready for this one because if they take this Hokie offense lightly they will get LIT UP!!!

GO HOKIESS!!!!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]

GOOOOOOOOO BUUUUUCKS!!!!!

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

No Miami/Akron hype? :)

Just kidding of course, there really is a bunch of good games this week. I'm rooting for FSU, I'd like to see my rival school get into a bowl game.

4. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

DJ, if you only knew how close you were to being right.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Bucks originally lost 42-49 in overtime due to a fumble by James. But after a controversial call the commisioner threw out the results without consent from both parties. Bucks just weren't in the mood and quit the game. It was a loss either way.

Bucks are pissed and will not accept anything below a BCS bowl, anything below that and Coach Masler has vowed to retire.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lmao

And dang, tough loss Harris, Sooo close to a bowl. That sucks bad, but I know youll be back

7. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Is this not suppose to be public knowledge? Just curious on what happened in the game.

But either way I guess I am a huge Terps fan now.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

He went for it on 4th and 7 midway through the 3rd (after Hova said not to), scored a TD against my FG defense...that's what put him within 7 points and it went into OT in the long run. He scored first and then I would have scored but the receiver fumbled (this play was legit).

Big argument started over the 4th down situation and Hova threw out the results and we started playing again, that time I got trashed so I just said sim the rest of the game, thus giving him the win.

But at 10-2 I had better get a damn BCS bowl...all im sayin..

9. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

My play was called well before I was told not to i couldnt call a timeout no idea why and he chose the fg block after i stated i was going for it. 4-7 down 14 cant stop his offense for shit knowing i need the momentum and im not going to go for in on the 23 yard line? Ya not sim play i guess.... And you had timeouts just as i did yet u failed to call one or audible

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I was only stating what happened. No reason to argue anymore, game is over.