Pre-Launch: A Few reiterated comments on Gameplay/Rules/etc

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 12, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

1) passing game

Mentioned this elsewhere but listen. Don't get trapped into being a negative nancy. If all negativity was accepted on the threads these days, we should outlaw hooks, slants, go routes, posts, and anything over the middle. Silly. Play the game. Best rule: mix it up and don't go to the same well every time. I've loved the game so far. Safety play will probably get a patch in future. Who cares. We are all playing same game.

Note: one thing mentioned is auto strafe "on" is currently inhibiting you to properly control (can't jump and defend right) your DBs when ball is in air. turning off makes control more difficult but worth trying if you find yourself struggling with this ("why isn't my DB jumping!".

2) gameplay adjustments

Just emphasizing again. Don't use these. You can shift lines and DBs, etc but we do not use strip ball conservative/agressive, etc.... just don't touch em.

3) interceptions

I know, I know... the cpu cheats. Hint: if you throw 2 INTs, you are in great great GREAT danger of throwing 6 more. Have self-control.

4) user games

if you lose, take a break and don't post for 12-24hrs. you're opponent probably wasn't unsim. you lost. big whoop. in addition, if he was unsim... assume the best (innocence or unaware) and politely tell him. don't be a wuss. All public passive aggressive (or aggressive) comments on user unsimness will be deleted.

5) recruiting

remember numbers and good luck. ignorance will not be an excuse.

6) posting videos and write-ups

required. all scoring videos saved. delete pictures. write summaries in week thread.

7) Advancing

we advance every 48hrs or when 12/12 are ready. no extension requests outside of emergencies. you will get summed occasionally. it happens.

Peace
    heath+

P.S. If you have questions on rules, culture, etc... ask now!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Walk On

You are allowed to move the player you're controlling right? Like if you're gonna control a safety and want to cheat up a tad or to one side or the other.

3. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

you are allowed to move your player for sure.. as long as it is done realistically (obviously if you are moving DEs from one side to the other you should not be on Tradition, etc).

• Like Like x 1
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

what I like to do, is bring my safety WAAAAAY up in the box, showing a blitz, that way, the WR can be wide open over the top with no help when I try to drop back in coverage. Its not a great strategy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pro

Pro Walk On

One thing that I noticed was that the game won't let you pick a play, I've had to waste a timeout to get it to work again. This has happened to me every time I have played today and happened to Goose when I played him Tuesday.

• Like Like x 1