Pre-Launch Checklist

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Pre-Launch Checklist

Just a few things we can do to get ready:

1. Finalize schedules - We're almost there.

2. Blog Stuff:
    a. Link to/from the forums. I have an example of this up already.
    b. sign on to follow the other members' pages
    c. get an avatar pic
    d. throw a post or two up

3. New sigs? Is this doable? I dig mine, but a new super-cool E-League logo would be sweet.

4. Suggestions? What else should we be doing? What would you like to see?

- AMP suggested a Hall of Fame, which is a good idea. I's like to see an archive of some kind, something to store bowl previous season stats and championship winners, that sort of thing.

- I was thinking of collecting articles and such from each season, and then posting that stuff as it's own blog at the end of each season. For example, once the final game of the '09-'10 season is played, I would collect all of your articles (but likely only the user game stuff and end of year stuff) and copy/paste it into a blog of its own, with a member roster and final season records running down the right side. It would be easy to do, but I would need admin rights on all of your pages.

2. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

New sigs would be great - I think someone suggested classic "football" brown as a color.

Hall of Fame would be nice as well, as long as we didn't overdo it - maybe 3 entries per year - offensive, defensive and one other.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am perfectly content with my signature, but if you guys want them, I guess I could work some up -- or AMP could.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I love the sigs - I'm just not in the West anymore. I'd like to work up a new logo, and simply place it over what I have. I don't want to change a thing about the rest of it.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I don't think my sig would work anymore.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    I would love a new Army signature.:)

I think recording stats for posterity would be great. Since the dynasties can be accessed online (or is that Madden?) I may be able to figure out a nifty way.

7. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I like the idea of sigs, but I'm guessing it's a lot of work. If no one is really excited about doing them, they're not a necessity. But I agree they would be nice to have.

Basis mentioned a website called avidmanager.com a while back. Seems to be VERY in- depth in terms of tracking stats, recruiting, etc. I'd like to use it for certain things, but the key for me is the abillity to pull out html and insert it into the blog. I didn't get it to work very well the first time I tried. Anyone else tried this?

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday messing around with my blog page and didn't get around to posting anything in it. I'll work on it this week.

8. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

If we are voting , then put me down for a yes vote on new sigs. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to produce them so I'll be understanding if they are too much work to do.

I've signed up as a follower for all of the blogs except one. I think that it was the Notre Dame blog that I couldn't find the follower link on.

I've put in some work on my blog, please go check it out.

9. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Nice QB preview, Geaux. Blog has a good unique look to it as well.

10. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Thanks Raz. I've never even thought of setting up a blog before, so I've been trying to make it look decent.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah it looks real good. I guess I'm going to have to find some Hurricanes fans to give me the info on my team so I can keep up.

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I need to get my blogs updated

13. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

GREAT Blog Geaux..........

Alittle off the Subject...Is It ever going to rain again in Houston?....LOL

34 days and counting

14. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Thanks Jmill. Yeah it does seem like we're in a pretty serious drought. I've been watering my grass like crazy.

15. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Yeah..Looks like Ill be saving money on Fireworks this year. My grass is starting to brown and the Home Owners Assoc. are getting pissed..lol

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

LOL! 34 days, that's it. My water bill is severe here in the summer, next year I might just let it die and then reseed in the cool months when I'm actually outside. It sucks though because my neighbor Jose is a super at a golf course and his yard is always perfect. I think it's because he has 3 kids to do the work for him though.

17. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Sorry dude, No cactus around this area..Yet

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hahaha when my Dad used to make me and my sister do yard work that he didn't want to do, and we complained about it, his response was, "Why do you think I HAD you guys?" He was only half kidding :D

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Lol, I keep telling my girlfriend that if we ever have kids I just want to adopt a twelve year old to do all my chores for me.