Pre-Season B1G All-User Team

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by AJ Hart MN, Jul 1, 2012.

1. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Ok, I'm going to try to highlight each user conference with a Pre-Season User Team. Hopefully I can have each Conference done by Friday. I'm not necessarily going with the best Overall but the guy's that I think will have the biggest impact on their respective teams. Obviously if guy A has a overall of 93 and guy B has a 85, I'll probably go with the higher rated player. I just want every team to have at least one guy on the team.
    I'll start with the best and most interesting conference, the B1G!
    OFFENSE
    QB - Denard Robinson 93 Overall (Michigan)
    Even though coach Hart has expressed his hatred for the spread option offense, Robinson still figures to have a monster season. AJ has always stated that he'll play to his strengths so we imagine Robinson will get plenty of carries. Expect the Michigan coach to hit the practice field in abundance starting next friday so when the season kicks off, Robinson and Michigan will be ready!
    RB - Montae Ball 98 Overall (Wisconsin)
    Well, this was a easy pick. Heck, Ball might be the best player in all of College Football with a perfect blend of power and speed. The All-American sports 96 Acceleration and 97 Power.. Ouch! He'll be the focal point of a very potent Wisconsin offense. This unit may be the best in the land and Coach Eidson will be putting up ridiculous numbers this season.
    RB - Donovan Young 83 Overall (Illinois)
    The first debatable pick as Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio St have better rated players but we see Young putting up the best numbers as the Illini are very short on talented receivers so the running game may be their best option to succeed. Michigan will have Robinson and a two back system and James White for Wisco has Ball in head of him. Coach Screw has stated that we can expect QB Braxton Miller to get a ton of carries so we don't expect any Buckeyes to put up huge numbers so that's why Young get's the nod here. We'll see if I'm crazy or just crazy enough for this pick to pan out.
    WR - Jared Abbrederis 91 Overall (Wisconsin)
    The second of what probably will be a ton of Badgers on this squad. Abbrederis is another guy that can do it all. He sports 92 Speed but backs that up with 89 Catching and 86 Route Running. With defenses stacking the line of scrimmage to stop Ball and White, Jared should see plenty of one and one coverage and with the addition of Maryland transfer Danny O'Brien, that could prove costly for opposing defenses. This offense is going to be scary.
    WR Roy Roundtree 89 Overall (Michigan)
    Even with Michigan looking to be a running team, expect Roundtree to put up some numbers because as we all know coach Hart is stubborn and will chuck it up at least 20-25 times a game just out of curiosity. Roundtree is the type of receiver that AJ likes as he's a great route runner and will find holes in people's zones. Let's hope he has his 2010 form in which he caught 70 balls instead of his 2011 form in which he caught just 19.
    TE Jake Stoneburner 90 Overall (Ohio State)
    Even though Wisconsin's Jacob Peterson is technically a better player with a 93 overall, we gave the nod to Stoneburner for one simple reason.. Coach Screw has already stated he'll cheese with his TE over the middle countless times this season and I believe him. J/K Screw, he's a big weapon and I'd use him too.
    OT Ricky Wagner 93 Overall (Wisconsin)
    This Wisconsin offensive line is downright mean and we can see why. Wagner isn't even the best player on this unit yet still is probably the best tackle in the conference. Standing at 6'6" and weighing at 325 lbs, this kid is a monster and will open up huge holes for the two headed monster in that backfield.
    OT Taylor Lewan 93 Overall (Michigan)
    Even though the Wolverine offensive line has some studly young talent, it's still anchored by the 6'8" Junior. Michigan will be running alot and we understand why when kid's like this are on the offensive line. For coach Hart's sake, hopefully he stays away from the NFL after this upcoming season but that might be hard for Lewan as he looks like a sure fire 1st rounder.
    OG Casey Dehn 89 Overall (Wisconsin)
    Expect to see alot of red for the remainder of the offensive team as Wisconsin clearly is the class of the league when it comes to the offensive line. Mammoth 6'6 JR Casey Dehn is the best guard in the conference and his only rival is his teammate.. This isn't fair.
    OG Ryan Groy 88 Overall (Wisconsin)
    The size of this Wisconsin offensive line is just stupid. Groy is of average build for this line and he is 6'5 and 322 lbs. It's starting to become very evident why Ball and White are so good. The scary thing about this Badger line is the fact that Wagner is the lone Senior. Trey did his homework when picking this squad.
    C Travis Frederick 93 Overall (Wisconsin)
    I would like to go in a different direction but Frederick is just miles better than any Center in the conference. It's debatable if he's the best in the country. As crazy as this sounds, the worst Badger offensive linemen is Rob Havenstein and he's a 88 overall. I'm starting to think Trey is going to have loads of pressure for season's one and two as this team is just so loaded. Only USC is on par talent wise across the board.
    DEFENSE
    DE John Simon 90 Overall (Ohio State)
    Although there has been rumblings that OSU may move the uper-skilled lineman to the middle, we have him listed on the end and if he stays there, look out opposing offenses. The SR is one of the better block shredders in the country with a 91 rating. He's not overly fast but he'll put up big numbers as Coach Screw is a whale of a defensive coach.. Believe me, I know from experience.
    DE Craig Roh 89 Overall (Michigan)
    Roh is probably the best defensive player on the Michigan defense and Coach Hart will need him to play as such to contend for the B1G title. Roh has a array of moves as he rates at 90 at both the finesse and power moves. Roh is the leader of the young Wolverine defense and he'll need to play like it.
    DT Jordan Kohout 87 Overall (Wisconsin)
    Kohout is the leader of a very balanced interior defensive line for the Badgers. Along with teammates Beau Allen and Ethan Hemer, they will pose plenty of problems for opposing guards and centers in the B1G. Kohout get's the nod only because his rating is a tick higher than the rest of the group.
    DT Johnathan Hankins 87 Overall (Ohio State)
    Teaming with partner in crime Garrett Goebel, Simon and Adam Bellamy, Hankins gives the Buckeyes the best defensive line in the conference and is in the debate for best in the country. I for one can't wait for the OSU/Wisconsin game as something will have to give when this d-line faces that o-line. Give me a ticket to that game please!
    MLB Chris Borland 94 Overall (Wisconsin)
    I'm sure I can speak for the rest of the B1G here as I'm sick of talking about Badgers but the fact is, they have the best players so I can't overlook them just because they have the most guy's on the team. Illinois MLB Johnathan Brown got consideration here but Borland's 97 Awareness, 95 Tackle, 92 Block Shredding and 90 Pursuit won out in the end.
    OLB Mike Taylor 89 Overall (Wisconsin)
    Even though the Badgers have the two highest rated OLB's in the User group, I made a executive decision to only choose one of them. Taylor gets the nod over fellow OLB AJ Fenton only because he's a SR and is a tad faster and just a notch better in the tackling category. You could choose either though and be very happy with the results.. Sigh
    OLB Etienne Sabino 87 Overall (Ohio State)
    Sabino and teammate Ryan Shazier surely can rival the Badger tandom as best in the conference. Sabino is a fast LB that has fantastic pursuit. Ohio St has the look of the best defense in the conference and the front seven is scary good. They may not score a ton of points but they won't give up more than 14 on most days.
    CB Travis Howard 86 Overall (Ohio State)
    This was a close call between Howard and Michigan's JT Floyd but in the end, Howard got the call. Floyd was a bit better in man coverage but Howard's 95 rating in zone coverage won out in the end. We expect Coach Screw to play plenty of zone with this guy's skill set in that scheme. Along with SO Bradley Roby, the Buckeyes have arguably the best corner user duo in the conference.
    CB Marcus Cromartie 87 Overall (Wisconsin)
    The best user corner in the conference again belongs to the pre-season favorite Badgers. Marcus is blazing fast with 95 speed but he's also a ball hawk with a 93 man coverage rating. Throw in studly CB teammate Devin Smith and the Badgers will be very tough to throw on. Thankfully for the rest of the conference, both are SR's so there is some light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us.
    FS C.J Barnett 85 Overall (Ohio State)
    Believe me, I tried to find a Wolverine or Fighting Illini player that could snatch up this spot but Barnett was clearly the best player here. Barnett has 90+ speed, acceleration, tackling and pursuit so with that, he's a no brainer here. This OSU defense is looking very nasty to say the least. Screw is no dummy so don't let him fool you into thinking he didn't take a top team as this Buckeye team is loaded and can compete with the even more loaded Badgers. Expect Barnett to put up some fantastic stats for this defense.
    SS Jordan Kovacs 86 Overall (Michigan)
    The former walk-on getting some love here.. It's well deserved though as he's the highest rated user SS of the group. He's not going to win any 40 contests but he's extremely heady and a pure SS. His 93 tackling rating shows he'll jump up in the play to stop the run game. We just can't let him get isolated in the passing game as his man coverage skills are dreadful. Michigan may be a zone team by the looks of it.
    K Drew Basil 85 Overall (Ohio State)
    Basil has a booming leg with 93 kick power but will need to improve his accuracy to ever warrant consideration for All-American status. We all have heard Commissioner PAgamer's prediction of the Buckeyes losing to the Wolverines on a missed 30yd FG but with Basil's 78 accuracy, maybe PA did his homework there. Still, he's the best of the group so he get's the nod here. Michigan's Brendon Gibbon's finished a close second.
    P Drew Meyer 87 Overall (Wisconsin)
    I really wanted to get an Illiini player here but sadly again, his rating didn't warrant any consideration. Both Michigan's and Ohio St's punters were close but Meyer was just a tad better and hell, he wears number 90 so he's pretty cool in my book.
    Here are the tallies by team.
    Wisconsin - 11 Members
    Ohio State - 7 Members
    Michigan - 5 Members
    Illinois - 1 Member
    Thoughts:
    Wisconsin is clearly the team to beat in this conference. With 11 members, they easily have the most and if I would have gone with the highest rated players, that would have jumped to 15 of the 24 players on the team. That squad is loaded.
    Ohio St comes in second with 7 but most of that is on the defensive side of the ball. They will be very tough to score on but will Braxton Miller and company put up enough points to win them some ballgames?
    Michigan is next in line with 5 members. They are a solid team though and should be able to compete with anyone if their coach can figure out how to maximize Denard Robinson's ability. He's promised to really practice with the electrifying QB.. Let's wait and see if he actually lives up to this promise.
    And lastly, Illinois only lands 1 player on the team and frankly, that was a gift. This team has some potential but it's clearly the weakest of the user squads. We give Greg loads of credit for taking his favorite team but let's hope he's patient as I think it will be very tough at the beginning of the dynasty. Even though we'll play each year, I'll still be rooting for the Illini to succeed.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 5
  2. sonn

sonn Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Great write up but I have to agree with sonn.

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

as long as the DT instant swim move around the center is toned down this year...we'll score plenty of points. and as long as reading the DE on zone reads is similar to the demo, i'll be good.

5. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

7. PAgamer07

:rolleyes:

8. PAgamer07

Oh yeah.. and Montee Ball is a beast. I think TEClemson53 turns into Nachos this release..

• Like Like x 1
  9. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

I'm not sure how precise the guys who do the rosters will be, but Stoneburner was booted off the team in may for pissing in public. I bet PAgamer07 wishes that happened two years ago. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

sad thing is, the 2nd stringer James White is just as nasty so I'll have him once Montee graduates :)

11. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I would put Michael Buchanan up above any of those DE.

12. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

PAC-12 > B1G :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Cal Wisconsin week 1 to back your statement :p

14. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Lets do it

• Like Like x 1