Pre-Season Outlook: Nevada

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by nrg_qbz-_-, Jul 29, 2010.

1. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Pre-Season Outlook: Nevada

After starting off last season 0-3, the Wolf Pack turned things around by winning 8 of their last 9 and even managing to give Boise State all they can handle in the regular-season finale. However, their excitement and confidence took a turn for the worse as they were demolished by June Jones and his high-scoring SMU squad. With key starters returning on both sides of the ball, Nevada is poised for another bowl run this season.

Coach: In a dramatic turn of events, Chris Ault has retired from coaching altogether this morning. Even more surprising was the immediate announcement of strength coach nrg_qbz as his successor. "I am sad to see Chris go. He was a mentor to me throughout the years. However, I am fully confident of my abilities and know that I can continue the great tradition that Chris has layed out for us here at the University of Nevada. We have a great group of guys here...these kids are going to do great things this season," said coach nrg_qbz between uncontrollable tears.

Offense: Colin Kaepernick is going to be a headache for defenses both on the ground and through the air. With Kaepernick at the helm, the Wolf Pack is going to score early and often. Balancing out the offense will be a good dose of the running game, with Vai Taua looking to improve upon his 1300+ rushing yards in 2009. Can he top his ridiculous 7.9ypc from last year? The sky is the limit for this talented back.

Defense: Dontay Moch and Kevin Basped will be leaned upon heavily this year. These two guys are absolute playmakers and will be a handful to deal with at their position. However, as their recent bowl game showed, the Wolf Pack are extremely vulnerable in the secondary. Those guys will have to step up their game big time this season and show the maturity that is necessary to help out their squad.

Overall: Like it or not, coach nrg_qbz is on the hot seat. With no previous head coaching experience, this is a bold hiring by the university. Anything less than a bowl game will be considered a failure.

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Hey you need to accept the dynasty invite asap please

3. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Will do once I get home...still "working" at the moment;)

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Ok got ya in , ya had me worried lol . Good luck to you and the Wolfpack this season