Pre-Season Outlook: Season 2

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

2. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Western Michigan Broncos 2012 Season Preview

[​IMG]
    QB - Alex Carder #14 - Looks to lead the Broncos to a MAC championship and BCS Bowl birth.

Overview:
    After a 12-1 season and bowl victory vs a good Clemson team in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl expectations are high for the Broncos. This team is very experienced and returns many key players of a team that overachieved all last year including a huge win over Michigan in the big house. For all the great things they achieved last season the broncos ultimately fell short of there primary goal which was to win the MAC championship. A mid season let down loss to the Northern Illinois Huskies ruined the Broncos shot at the MAC and ultimately a perfect season. The Broncos will have a uphill battle this year to try and emulate the great season they had a year ago as this years schedule offers some tough out of conference opponents. The Broncos will have to go on the road and play at Washington State vs an improving cougars team that has shaken up their coaching staff in the hope of restoring past glory, and will also have to travel to take on a powerful Michigan State team in East Lansing, two very tough road tests. They also will host a very good Utah team lead by Heisman candidate QB Jordan Wynn and a Tulane green wave team that has a ton of good young talent.

Offense:
    This years offense will be in a newly installed system that is base package is the pistol formation, with a bit of I and shotgun spread into it it will be interesting to see if QB Alex Carder can pick up where he left off following a record setting JR season. Carder is by far the leader of this team he is an emotional leader and he knows how to get his team the victory as he guided many 4th quarter combacks in his career at Western Michigan. Below is a closer look at Carders attributes:

Alex Carder.png

Carder will be handing the ball to a pair of very talented backs in Tevin Drake and Brian Fields. Drake is the workhorse back who has the combonation of size, speed and strength, and Fields is the quick shifty jitter bug back that can hit a home run whenever he touches the ball.

Tevin Drake.png Brian Fields.png

Carder's will look to spread the ball around to a few key receivers this year that are real difference makers. The group is led by Ansel Ponder a Senior WR from West Virginia. Ponder is considered more quick then fast but he has great route running ability and will catch anything that is close to him. On the opposite side of the field of Ponder will be 6'3" sophomore Kendrick Roberts. Roberts is the deep threat that will keep opponent secondaries honest. He can burn and can also haul in the tough catches with his combination of size and leaping ability. In the slot the Broncos will employ the gem of there recruiting class Fred Wilcox a 5'11" Freshman from Augusta GA. Wilcox will be tested early to see if he has what it takes to make an early transition to the college game but he if physically gifted and a true talent. Finally at TE the broncos return 6'4'' Blake Hammond one of the teams leading receivers from a year ago. Hammond is a great pass catcher but he is also productive blocking on the edge on running plays.

Ansel Ponder.png Kendrick Roberts.png Fred Wilcox.png Blake Hammond.png

Defense:
    On defense the Broncos will run a base 4-3. Some of the key players on the defense include sack master DE Freddie Bishop, 302lb DT Travonte Boles, Run suffing SR MLB Dex Jones, shutdown CB Lewis Toler, ball hawking safety Johnnie Simon.
    The Defense is built around a stout D line led by preseason all american's Travonte Boles and Freddie Bishop who last year combined for more the 25 QB sacks. They bring the heat and make things hard on the opositions quarterbacks. Stuffing the holes and stopping the run is what Sr. MLB Dex Jones lives for he is a solid 247lbs and can cover sideline to sideline, when he hits you YOU KNOW IT. CB Lewis Toler is one of the leagues best if not country's best cover corners, the Junior has great speed, toughness, and ball skills and will one day be a great NFL corner. At safety Jonnie Siimon can do it all, up on the line as a 4th LB or back in his deep third he can make plays all over the field.

Freddie Bishop.png Travonte Boles.png Dex Jones.png Oops. Reached the limit of uploads for this post...

Overview:
    The Broncos will need to get off to a fast start to keep the monemtum going from a great year last year. They have most of the key players back this year from the team that went 12-1 so things are looking good for Western Michigan. Lets start in right with a win vs Michigan State in week 1.

• Like Like x 2
  3. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Season 2 outlook:

UAB looks to improve on last year's 8 win season. To do this they will have to replace last years Joe Namath award winner, Bryan Ellis. Replacing him will be no small task. There is a QB battle underway between two new incoming players. Freshman QB 6'5" 220 lb Isaih Johnson and JUCO Jr. recruit Calvin Wade. Hopefully coach Papaloke can get the QB race figured out fast. UAB also lost a key component of the offense at running back. That position is up for grabs also but local product So. Darrin Reaves from FAIRHOPE, AL looks to be in the lead for a starting position. Reaves top end speed rates high at a 93 but his acceleration is only 84. UAB returns one playmaker WR from last years team. Sr. Patrick Hearn, last years Jerry Rice award winner is back and is expected to be a leader on and off the field this year.
    The defense should be much improved over last years squad. Two big names to look for are: Marvin Burdette, rated 89 ovr, he's a Senior and was a impact player for UAB last year also at DT Jr. Deric Scott, acc 92, did a great job plugging up the middle last year. Both will be counted on to help a new vamped secondary lead by *** JUCO So. recruit Anthony Barnett.
    UAB looks to have a favorable schedule this year. An early date with Miami plus two user games (ChuckD, GMangs) stand out as games where UAB could take losses. If they can bring the offense together this years expectations are high that they will roll through the conference schedule and hopefully have a date in the conference championship with Tulane (Decay).
    Let's go!

4. annil8tion

annil8tion Walk On

Season 2:

Overall: Just looking to keep up the success, 12-1 last year and a major step forward for the program. Now I'm actually recruiting decent players and if I keep up the winning it'll stay that way. Even though I've lost Rainey the rest of the team has gotten better, also I'm returning my QB, starting WRs, and about half of my line and defense. So considering the rest of my team is a year older and a year better, it should be a whole team effort to win the Sun Belt yet again.

Offense: As usual it starts running the ball for me and I'm actually really pleased with my RBs. I've got a solid redshirt freshman starting, with a 92 speed converted WR behind him, then my backup FB who happens to have 92 break tackle 3rd on the depth chart, considering they will be subbing in and out with frequency, it should be a dominate and team effort on the ground this year. To compliment a strong running game is an improved passing attack lead by my senior scrambling QB. Jakes returns with help though, my 3 top WRs are all returning and should look to put up pretty good numbers as I wont be able to rely on the ground game quite as much this year. In general it'll be pretty potent, I'll be looking to score about 30+ a game like last year.

Defense: It will still be pretty solid. Only real loss from last year was a playmaking FS, however my SS is looking really good this year, and with the return of my best DE and 2 best LBs, it looks to be a solid year for my guys. Not a ton to say other than I hope to stop the run, force the pass and create some turnovers, the standard stuff, since my offense looks to score 30+ a game, if I keep my opponents under 20 it should be good, so yea, balling.

5. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

NMSU will probably struggle again this year but there are some bright spots. HB Kenny Turner is a senior who really showed signs of competence at the end of year (816 yds, 6 TD). He is rated a 75 overall. We have a new starting QB, Tanner Rust (65). Senior Darrius Preston leads the WR's (70). The defense is adequate but not very deep, led by senior ROLB from Hawaii, Xxx Xxxxxxxx (78).

The WAC is apparently down to five (5!) teams this year. So if the Aggies can beat Idaho, La Tech, and Utah State again this year, but also beat lowly San Jose State, the Aggies would go undefeated and take their first conference title since (.../Looks it up...) EVER!

6. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Top Players
    O
    QB-Steelman, 83 ov. Apparently not made of steel after playing Georgia, he is out for two weeks.
    HB-Brown, 78 ov. Had a huge 199 yard game and TD vs Georgia.
    FB-Hassin, 85 ov. When a FB is one of your top guys, you got problems.

D
    DT-Mackey, 79 ov.
    CB-Jackson, 83 ov.
    Not much to say about either player. Just that everyone else stinks.

Outlook
    Had some positive play vs Georgia. Going to be the toughest game of the season. Should hopefully win the rest. Two user games would end up being the most difficult. Not sure how they will unfold. Would hope for a 9-3 season, but that is being maybe alittle too optimistic.

7. Jman

WASHINGTON STATE COUGARS - 2012/2013 SEASON OUTLOOK

OFFENSE

Offensively Coach Jman is bringing to Wazzu a true power running attack which will definitely clash with the going trend that is currently in the PAC-12. Surprisingly after a hard off-season workout the progression allowed the offense to turn into something that should be able to put up points with the best of them as they will be bringing in a SR QB in Jess Tuel who can make all the throws but has the legs too to lead an otherwise inexperienced group of players. With all 5 starting linemen being JR's or lower and a WR Corps led by PHENOM JR Marques Wilson (90 OVR) and a group of incoming JUCO's at that spot to give a bit of depth. The senior laden backfield in the end will be they key though, if they can manage to keep teams off balance, they will surprise some people.

DEFENSE

Coach Jman's defense is like a rotten onion, really soft and sometimes mushy layers. This is the achilles for a team in the PAC-12 that is a s lowly rated as Wazzu is. In order to pull out a bowl they are going to have to lean hard on JR MLB CJ Mizell (79 OVR) and JR SS Marcus Richmond (85 OVR) as they are the most athletic two. The Multipl-D that Coach Jman is bringing in will undoubtedly have to get VERY exotic with their blitz packages as there is NO way they can stand toe-to-toe with anyone on their schedule.

KEY PLAYERS

JR WR Marquess Wilson - 90 OVR
    SR QB Jeff Tuell - 86 OVR
    JR SS Marcus Richmond - 85 OVR
    JR CB Nolan Washington - 80 OVR
    JR LB CJ Mizell - 79 OVR

OUTLOOK

With user games @ Idaho and VS WMU combined with the PAC-12 schedule, we are simply looking for 7-5 and a bowl birth, that would be the key first step in Coach Jman's tenure with the Coug's, otherwise, the seat could get VERY hot in a hurry.

8. Jman

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

FIU Season Outlook

Offense
    The Golden Panthers O lost a ton of talent from last season but, fortunately, the players have had time to buy into Head Coach Frank Baron's zone blocking scheme. "With Jake [Medlock] under center, we probably won't be running as much zone read with the QB and RB, but he can still wing it around." RB Darian Mallary returns after having a solid season as the number 2 back. "Darian's more of a speed guy which helps us because we're in need of speed." WRs Junior Mertile, Jacob Younger, and Wayne Times will be the primary offensive weapons for the Panthers. Areas of concern are at the FB and TE positions. "We'll probably be running a lot more Ace and Shotgun sets than we did last year, but Mark [Barber] [FB] has shown some sparks."

Look for FIU to employ quick hitting pass plays to combat their inexperienced line.

Defense

The Golden Panthers will be sticking with the 4-3 defensive scheme this season, despite Head Coach Baron's pedigree with the 3-4. "Good coaches scheme around their personnel. And I think, right now, we're still a 4-3 team. Might be awhile before we can properly run a 3-4." Inexperience along the defensive front will have to be combated by experience along the Linebackers. The Corners are also "young and fast" but they will benefit from the return of All-American free safety, Jonathan Cyprien. "Getting Jon back for another year is huge. He really does it all for us."

Look for FIU to utilize creative zone blitzing schemes to put pressure on opposing offenses and force turnovers to give their young offense good field position.

Outlook
    The Golden Panthers start off their season with an extremely tough game at Tennessee (heh) as well as a visit from the Georgia Bulldogs. The Golden Panthers will also face the top two 'BCS Busters' from last year in UL Monroe and Western Kentucky. Still, Coach Baron remains convinced that the Panthers can sneak a 10 win season in.

10. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Akron Zips

This team still really sucks overall and writing this preview makes me slightly ill. Coach Keves is hoping to be bowl-eligible at least and hopefully secure another position ANYWHERE but here. Although we recruited 3 3* players on offense, only my RB will be counted on at all as the other 2 are possibly the lowest-rated 3* players ever.

Offense: Same crappy QB who I'm hoping will just manage the game and help grind out a few Wins. I'll be relying on a true frosh RB, a 3* power back from FL who hopefully will stay healthy and produce. Sadly, he's a 69 OVR and by far my best option. My 2 best receivers this year are JRs and about 70 OVR so perhaps we'll atleast be able to complete a couple passes.
    Defense: On defense I have an 83OVR MLB who of course is a senior. He'll be the leader of my new 3-4 alignment, which I am essentially forced into because I have 2 DTs on my roster and they're freshmen who are 52 and 49 OVR. My other linemen suck and my corners are downright trash.

As you might be able to figure out, I'm not overly optimistic about this season.

• Like Like x 1