Pre-Season Picks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jul 28, 2010.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Pre-Season Picks

I thought it may be fun for everyone to put their guess in on some of the following:

National Championship (Game and Winner):
    Heisman:
    Top Recruiting Class:
    Worst Recruiting Class:

Any other ideas? Throw them out there! (Bored at work, dont judge me)

2. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Speaking of Heisman, has anyone else experienced the difficulty of winning awards this year? In my OD with my friend, I finished the year over 500yds rushing ahead of the next guy and had 2 more rushing TDs than the next guy and wasn't even on the list! Didn't even win the Doak Walker and wasn't even close for others...sigh.

My DE led NCAA in sacks and CB led NCAA in INTs and Def TDs and neither won their awards either. DE wasn't even in top 3...sigh.

3. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I will lead us off since I was the one who stole this idea from another league

National Championship (Game and Winner): Ohio State vs Boise State (dont let me down Arch) Osu 28-BSU 21
    Heisman: Case Keenum (houston)
    Top Recruiting Class:Texas
    Worst Recruiting Class:WKU (of our league, Oregon)

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Remember, Boise plays @ VaTech. I think their championship hopes are dashed that day.

My chances are good, since I have a ratings advantage over the school up north, meaning I can get outplayed a bit and still maybe pull off a win.

Bama has the same good fortune, having a significant ratings edge over SC and MSU, though having a real coach at the helm of the Bulldogs makes me want to pick the underdog in the SEC.

But in the end, I have to pick USC and 'Bama. I'm guessing they're going to be powerhouses.

5. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

bama is sooooo f'n overrated in the game.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I agree. I think my Buckeyes are also. I still think they're the best two teams in the country, but the gap left behind them is too large.

7. vatechhokie01

Alright you pansies. Here's my predictions:

National Championship (Game and Winner): Hokies vs. some nobody (134-0)
    Heisman: Tim Tebow
    Top Recruiting Class: Florida A&M
    Worst Recruiting Class: Probalby the Hokies...haha

Thoughts?

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Ballsy picks....good for you though. Here is to Tebow!

9. vatechhokie01

I will probably go 8-4...haha. Anyone see they are doing a patch today? This seems like great news for us!

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Yeah I saw that, does that mean we would probably need to scrap the current dynasty and then start over so everything would be updated? I had my 4**** recruit Center over for Dinner last night and he was a good kid, hate to see him deleted for all of eternity...

11. vatechhokie01

haha...love it. I hear last year's just affected recruits going forward. I actually think we should either a) get the info if it would affect the current recruits or b) reset it all real quick to benefit from the ratings (hopeful) fix.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Well, if the update addresses some of the issues, like frozen groups of players and the PA Boot Screen play (which I'd like to try), then it's probably worth it. Besides, it would give the guys who set their boards before we changed recruiting rules a chance to remake them.

13. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

PA Boot Screen? does the QB go sliding back to end zone? That play screwed my WKU upset bid of Nebraska last night. I thought my controller stuck or something