Pre Season Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 14, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Pre Season Questionnaire

Name or GT:
    Team:

What are your goals and expectations for Season 1?

Who are your key offensive players? What type of offense do you plan on running?

Who are your key defensive players? What type of defense do you plan on running?

What position(s) do you plan to recruit the hardest for in Season 1?

What game do you have marked on your calendar with a big red circle (will be using stock schedules, but replacing FCS schools)!?

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Name or GT: Wes/MurkYa21
    Team: Florida State Seminoles

Season 1 I just want to get a feel for the guys in my conference. I definately feel I can win the division, and from there I'd like to win the conference. That's my goal every year.

Who are your key offensive players? What type of offense do you plan on running?
    Junior QB Christian Ponder, Sophomore HB Jermaine Thomas, and Sophomore WR Bert Reed. These guys will be key to my success, and I'm lucky I'll be able to have them for more than one season! offense? I'll be very balanced on the ground and through the air.

Who are your key defensive players? What type of defense do you plan on running?
    Sophomore OLB Nigel Bradham, Senior CB Patrick Robinson, and Freshman CB Greg Reid (I love this kid!). I'll be running the 3-4 most likely.

hmmmm...Well, I always recruit by need, and then depth. I always go after O and D linemen. Off the top of my head, I'll go after some solid O and D linemen, some good safeties, and I'll definately be looking for that game breaker!

What game do you have marked on your calendar with a big red circle (will be using stock schedules, but replacing FCS schools)!?
    Probably the Miami game! That'll be a big test, but I can't look past Florida even though it's CPU. I'm sure they will still be a bitch!

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Guys, I am sending you invites as I get your gamertags..

We'll be in preseason, so you'll get the chance to look at your depth chart and possible recruits before you fill this out.

4. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Name or GT: Sean/SPatin
    Team: Miami (FL) Hurricanes

Goals and Expectations for Season One
    1) Finish in the AP Top 20.
    2) Win 8+ total games.
    3) Win the ACC - Coastal Division.
    4) Finish with a Top 10 defense.
    5) Assemble a Top 15 recruiting class.

Key Offensive Player(s)/Offense Type
    QB Jacory Harris (will need to limit TOs - also a dual-threat QB), HB Javarris James (a very 'balanced' senior runner), WR Travis Benjamin (a young, slot receiver with good speed), and the Offensive Line. The Hurricanes will definitely have a relatively fair split between the running and passing game(s), while playing mostly in a spread-type offense.

Key Defensive Player(s)/Defense Type
    DE Eric Moncur (a solid senior end), OLB Sean Spence (a talented sophomore who may lead the team in many areas), CB Sam Shields and CB Brandon Harris (will be relied upon to shut down most of the passing), and SS Randy Phillips (to continue the Miami tradition of great safeties).

Position(s) of Focus in Recruiting
    From the look of it, a few CBs to slide in over the next couple of seasons (have very good depth right now), SS and FS (need to fill some spots that will soon be vacated), and QB (Harris and Highsmith provide great dual-threat options, but I feel the need for a third QB and a true pocket-passer on the depth chart).

Game(s) to Watch
    1) @ Florida State - a nice, tough season-opener and rivalry game.
    2) Georgia Tech - Week Two doesn't get any easier.
    3) @ Virginia Tech - ANOTHER tough early season test.
    4) Oklahoma - face a "Top 5" out-of-conference team very early on.

These are the first four games of the season. I'm not sure that it could get any tougher than that - two users, and ALL of these teams are ranked #20 or higher. I won't lie: I am looking forward to making it to game #5 on the schedule.

5. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Name or GT: DJ/Shmeezil
    Team: Colorado Buffaloes

As Dan Hawkins said, "10 wins and no excuses."
    1) Win 10 games.
    2) Win the Big XII North.
    3) Top 25 recruiting class

Key Offensive Player(s)/Offense Type
    HB Rodney "Speedy" Stewart, SO - Think Darren Sproles
    HB Darrell Scott, SO - Tons of potential (Rivals #1 HB 2008)

Key Defensive Player(s)/Defense Type
    CB Jimmy Smith, JR - Prototype: 6-2 200 92 SPD

I go for need first. Then speed. I want speed on my teams, especially at sexy positions like Safety and Linebacker.

Game(s) to Watch
    1) Colorado State - In state rival. Should win this game. CU owns a 59-20 record against CSU, but CSU pulled the upset in real life.
    2) @ West Virginia - First "real" test. Pull this off and we're top 25.
    3) @ Texas (hornfan) - Pull this off and we're top 15
    4) @ Oklahoma State (Huronia8) - Anxious to see where they're at in the rankings when this time comes. 3 stars on offense. Bryant is a beast.
    5) Nebraska (Dakota7) - Nebraska is always the biggest game on the schedule. Win the Big XII North with a win here.

6. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Name or GT: dakota7
    Team: Nebraska Cornhuskers

Our first goal every season is the win the Big 12 North. The rest will fall into place if we do that. Then we want to beat Colorado.

Coach dakota sees this as a balanced team, with and emphasis on the running game. We will run out of power formations as well as the spread. HB Roy Helu, Jr will be the featured halfback.

The obvious player is DT Ndamukong Suh. He is the center piece of our defense and everything works off of him. We will operate out of a base 4-3.

We have needs at guard and free safety. Coach dakota always likes to bring in at least 1 running back as well. We look at speed at hb, wr and db. Power on the inside.

We have a big red circle on that Colorado game.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Name or GT: Jmillhimes
    Team: Iowa St

1) Have a winning record
    2) Compete in the Big 12 North
    3)Become bowl eligible.
    4) Think Future

Likely it willbe HB Alexander Robinson. Austen Arnaud is the starting QB. Offense is likely a solid ground attack with a few spread options

What type of defense do you plan on running?
    4-3

We need a solid QB for the future and a good corpon the "O" Line

Game(s) to Watch

Sept 12 - In-State Rival Iowa
    Oct 24- @ Nebraska
    Nov 14- Vs Colorado

8. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Name or GT: Huronia8
    Team: Okie State

Play in a new years Bowl

Balanced in both run and air.... lead by QB Robinson, the three headed monster at RB and Dez Bryant

Senior Linebacker unit will be the backbone of my Defense

We a very senior team with 20 graduating players, I will be targeting all positions this year.

My Divisional Opponents

9. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Name or GT: hornfaninbama (GT: bulgytexas)
    Team: Texas Longhorns

Win the Big XII South and conference, compete for the National Championship.

I plan on running a spread with some power formations. I am probably going to use either Va. Tech or Tulsa’s playbook, but I will tinker a little with UAB’s and see which one I like the best. I don’t want anyone to know what I am going to do based on a formation read. Colt McCoy will be important in spreading the ball around. I am trying to decide whether to redshirt Marquise Goodwin. He is a true freshman 85 at WR with 97 Spd. I would love to have him for 4 years, but it’s hard to not want his speed on the field. If he plays he will return kicks, and probably get about 10 touches a game on offense. DJ Monroe is another gamebreaker. As a RS Fr. RB he has 95 speed, but because of depth at RB it will be hard to get him on the field and get a ton of touches. He will be returning kicks alongside either Jordan Shipley or Goodwin. DJ Grant is a TE with 89 speed, and Dan Buckner is a TE with 90 speed, both have great hands; they will play important roles in the passing game because of the matchup problems they create. I have a very solid oline. But I start 3 seniors. There is depth behind them and a good mix of classes lower on the depth chart.

I plan on running a 3-4 defense. Sergio Kindle is going to be important at DE getting pressure. I have an LB core that is interesting. 2 So. on the outside (Emmanuel Acho and Keenan Robinson) and 2 Sr. on the inside (Roddrick Muckelroy and Jared Norton) I will have to concentrate hard on the MLB in the upcoming class so I don’t lose my depth. Moving some players around might also be an option. Tariq Allen is a candidate to move inside next year after redshirting this year. The defensive backfield is very young and very talented. I start 3 sophomores and one junior. I look at the defense more as a unit and not one key player.

I like to take at least one tackle and guard a year. I will need a QB, and a MLB. After I have those covered I will look at talent. I love the scouting and trying to find the 3 stars who turn into monsters.

Oklahoma is always a tough game. Okie St. is a tough game they have some amazing playmakers. Texas A&M can help or hurt recruiting for years to come. And they have Vince Young Jr. with Jerod Johnson Hopefully we can get past those and make it to the Big XII title game.

10. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Name or GT: Jman (MM Jman)
    Team: The Maryland Terrapins

1) Conference Championship
    2) National Championship

Arrogant? Up to you. To me though you don't go into any season epecting anything less than championships...whether you're capable or not. Its something I was raised to believe throughout my real-life football career and I continue to believe and pursue year in and year out in my real-life coaching career. It may not always happen and you may not always be talented enough to achieve those goals, but, I believe you should always set your goals as high as possible, thats just the way I am.

1) Halfback - DaRel Scott - 89 OVR JR with 92 speed, 72 strength, 90/94 agility/accel, nice 78 awareness, and he is an impact player to boot.

2) Fullback - Cory Jackson - 87 OVR SR with great speed for a fullback and his awareness is through the roof. I love fullbacks...and this kid will serve as a good "keep you honest" guy for me.

3) Wideouts - Led by Torrey Smith - an impact player as a(n) 87 OVR SO with 92 speed, the corp as a whole can FLY though with no ones speed below a 90 and non being a senior.

4) QB's - The 84 OVR SR Turner will start...period. He is the slowest of the two but makes up for it with 90/84 thp/tha and 70 AWR. The SO Robinson will see playing time however with his 84 speed and decent (for a running QB) 90/78 thp/tha...expect to see him in a bit of wildcat.

We will be running a very balance type of playbook to be able to take advantage of multiple power running sets, spread sets to utilize our wideout speed on people, and plenty of two tight sets to get our 6'4+ 260+ 86SPD+ in the game at the same time.

What are your key defensive players? What type of defense do you plan on running?

Our D is led by our speed ar the LB spots, all 4 being over 84 speed and led by impact player and JR MLB Alex Wujciak who is the heart and soul at a(n) 89 OVR with his 86 speed and 78 awareness.

We will be running a 3-4 for the first time in my football gaming career. Could/should get ugly before it gets better...I do reserve the right to move back to a 4-3 lol.

Offensively I have the benefit of not really losing anything other than a center and my #1 fullback, but both have capable backups. Even so they will be the big goals offensively for us.

Defensively its all about the CB's and DE's.

Game(s) to Watch

1) #15 Cal Week One...we'll see what this team is made of out the gates.

2) NC State Big division user game.

3) #20 FSU If all goes according to the way they could, this one could possibly have unbelievably huge implications on who comes out with the division...should/could be fun Murk.

11. KennyLSU

KennyLSU Guest

Name or GT: Kenny/ KennyLSU
    Team: Ga Tech Yellow Jackets

1. Be competitive in every game
    2. Beat Georgia
    3. Win the Coastal division title
    4. Win ACC Title game
    5. BCS Bowl
    6. Chic-fil-a bowl

They team is very young with only 8 graduating seniors. I expect this team to be very good and compete for an ACC title. With the returning talent next year I expect to compete for a National Title.

Josh Nesbitt, Anthony Allen and Jonathan Dwyer are all juniors. They will lead the rushing attack along with speedster Roddy Jones. Need to establish the run out of the gate. I will be running the triple option. Demaryius Thomas will be my main WR and is a junior as well. Highly touted freshman Stephen Hill will play a big role in the Offense as well.

Who are your key defensive players? What type of defense do you plan on running?Not really sure on their defense. I will run a 4-3 and use the 4-4 a lot. There are some good zone blitzes out of that formation.

I will be looking for some power on the O-Line as well as a some speed in the backfield. I have 2 young QB's with good potential. I need to beef up my secondary with a couple cover corners. I want to get a strong MLBto anchor my 3-4.

The Miami game. This could decide the Coastal Division. It will be an early test for my Offense.

12. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Name or GT: Dru50
    Team: UNC Tar Heels

1 - Win the ACC Coastal.
    2 - Have a winning record vs our rivals. We get Virginia and Duke at home and finish up with a road test at NC State.
    3 - Win the ACC and earn the BCS automatic bid.
    4 - Win the National Title.

The last one is a bit of a stretch, but if you don't shoot for the stars what's the point, right?

Our team is ridiculously young, with only two senior starters on offense, LT Kyle Jolley and C Lowell Dyer. While that youth may cause mistakes, there is one important place where we have some experience. At QB, TJ Yates returns for his redshirt junior season and hopes to build on a solid end to 2008 with a good 2009 campaign. The QB of the future is sophomore Mike Paulus, who will redshirt in 2009. The team will run a balanced offense to take advantage of the varied skill position talent. The running game will be paced by junior Shaun Draughn and sophomore Ryan Houston (who is a beast at 6'2" and 250 lbs, he may move to FB next season) and will be helped by do-everything FB Anthony Elzy (who is small for a FB at 205 lbs but will be a weapon in the passing game). The wide receiving corp is looking to prove itself and is led by junior Greg Little.

UNC's defense is solid, but not quite as young as the offense. With the exception of MLB, there is quality depth behind all the seniors. The key players will be sophomore DE Robert Quinn, junior DT Marvin Austin and junior MLB Quan Sturdivant. UNC's coach expects to run a fairly vanilla 4-3 defense.

With only 10 seniors, there isn't alot of room on the roster, but MLB will definitely be a priority, with only two on the team and one graduating. Beyond that, UNC's coaches will simply be looking to pick up the best players available that want to come to UNC regardless of position.

What game do you have marked on your calendar with a big red circle (will be using stock schedules, but replacing FCS schools)?
    With no real out of conference tests, the opening ACC Coastal matchup with KennyLSU's Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets looms large. This will be a huge road test early on and will tell a lot about the toughness of the Heels, especially the defense, which will have a major task in slowing down the triple option. Luckily, the game vs Florida State comes at home and after a bye. Then comes the next big ACC Coastal hurdle with a home date vs Miami in week 11. Wrapping up the seson is a road test at rival NC State.

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

NC State Wolf Pack

Name or GT: Perry/Papa Perry
    Team: NC State

Goals and Expectations for Season 1
    1) Win all nonconference games - We need to be rolling on a winstreak when we hit our ACC schedule
    2) Finish in top 10 in turnover differential - We need to play smart football and not make mistakes but we need to capitalize on other teams mistakes
    3) BIG WIN - There is a lot of teams we will play that are gonna be favored over us. We need to beat some of them to let people know that the Wolfpack is climping from the depths of the ACC.

Offensive Playmakers & Offensive Style
    Russel Wilson holds the key to this offense's success. He has a good arm and the scrambling ability that most QB's can only dream of. These big strong receivers are gonna help him a lot. The starting 4 juniors are 6'3 or taller not to mention the 6'5 270 lbs. sophomore George Bryan at tight end.

The offense will be very balanced with multiple packages to take advantage of the skill players we have. I have contacted some coaches outside the ACC to get some tips on many formations like The Wildcat, Pistol, and various overload formations.

Defensive Playmakers & Defensive Style
    The Seniors. These guys are gonna have to step up and the lead the way so the young guys will follow.

I traditionally run a 3-4 defense but will be using both the 3-4 and the 4-3 due to the senior talent at DT.

Biggest Recruiting Needs
    O-Line for depth. And I'm looking for my BIG 310 lbs nose tackle for my 3-4 defense. Along with linebackers

Big Time Games
    1) Battle Of The Carolinas (South Carolina, ECU, Wake Forest, Duke, Clemson, North Carolina)
    2) Big Road Games (Florida State and Va Tech)

14. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Name or GT: wader49
    Team: Texas AM

Goals and Expectations for Season 1- make it to a bowl game
    - win 3 division games
    - Give the young talent game experience to build on

Offensive Playmakers & Offensive Style
    Junior QB Johnson leads this offense. Soph RB Gray will be a huge part of my offense along with my TE McCoy. Hoping for a balanced offense, have a good o-line to work with.

Defensive Playmakers & Defensive Style- DE Von Miller is by far the best player on my defence. Starting a lot of soph's and Freshmen. Defense will go as far as the young guys take them. I like running 4-3, and can get agressive at times.

Biggest Recruiting Needs
    Looking for mainly defensive players across the board, as well as depth on offense.

Big Time Games- divisional matchups against BCS powerhouses

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

thanks guys for putting all of this together!!

I can already tell this is gonna be a good group

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Damn it Murk you jinxed us. haha jk yea I think we got something good here

17. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Name or GT: Dan / dHarvey09
    Team: Virginia Tech Hoooookies

I'm starting in a bit of a hole at 1-3 so best I can hope for is a solid recovery and win 1/2 of my user games and hopefully not have any more loses in the scheduel and maybe play the upset man

Im going to run a spread and try to get Linebackers out of the box and run against a 6 man box as much as I can.
    RS FR RB Ryan Williams, FR RB David Wilson, and RS SR TE Greg Boone. These three men are going to be the workhorses of this offense. I'm going to try to get the ball in the 2 stud Freshman runningbacks hands as much as possible and since Tyrod can't throw the ball more than 10 yards im going to try to have a lot of dump off's to Boone and use him tremendous 280 pound frame to break alot of tackels.

I'm going to be running a traditional 4-3 defense with a lot of cover 2 with my undersized linebackers and hard hitting safeties. The key to my defense is my 2 seniors safeties and 2 stud JR defensive lineman DE Jason Worilds and 3 tech John Graves.

Starting late I missed out on a lot of top prospects so I will be recruiting some solid depth in some 3 stars at DT and going to try to get a few guards because my OL will be depleted next year. I'm in a big hole at TE after next year with only 2 SR on the roster next year. and K and P are both Seniors this year so I will need to address that.

Virginia because losing to in state teams is the worst feeling in the world.