Pre-season Survey, S3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Dec 7, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Team: Virginia Cavaliers
    Offensive Playbook: Georgia
    Defensive Playbook: 4-3
    # of scholarships available: 16
    Offensive Player to Watch: Michael Rocco
    Defensive Player to Watch: Demetrius Nicholson
    Sleeper Player: Darius Jennings
    Requested OOC games: N/A

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Team: Michigan Wolverines
    Offensive Playbook: Oregon
    # of scholarships available: 13
    Offensive Player to Watch: QB Devin Gardner
    Defensive Player to Watch: FS Carvin Johnson
    Sleeper Player: WR Jerald Robinson

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Team:Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Offensive Playbook: Hawaiiiiiiiiiii'iiii

# of scholarships available: Will edit

Offensive Player to Watch: Matt James- WR came on strong last season and could put up some crazy numbers in the new air raid system.

Defensive Player to Watch: AJ Marshall - he turned down a lot of money by coming back for his senior season- will be interesting to see if he can lead the country in interceptions (tied last season with 9) again this year.

Sleeper Player: Merrill Noel - the return demon finally cracks the starting lineup at CB and he has the skills to do some special things if he can get his hands on the ball.

Requested OOC games: Iowa and Purdue (probably will go 0-2, but keep them interesting)

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yall shoudl explain your answers for players to watch and sleeper.

6. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I've got a team preview thing coming up similar to last year that mentions the guys I posted. Still working on it, but will post it later tonight when I am by my xbox and can see the freshman players I have coming in.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Team: NC ST
    Offensive Playbook: Okie St
    Defensive Playbook: 3-4
    # of scholarships available: 15
    Offensive Player to Watch: HB Mustafa Greene. He'll have to carry the load of a run first offense who play actions off him. His ability to run will determine the success of the Wolf Pack
    Defensive Player to Watch: CB Jarvis Byrd. This corner will need to be a shut down corner. DBs are important Coach Wildcat's defense as the press will be used often
    Sleeper Player: WR Bryan Underwood. A slight speedster, this kid will be the primary focus off the play action.
    Requested OOC games: Really. Surprise me

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

but i called it first!

:(

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sorry bro. The way you talk, i assumed you knew what you were doing. Need to follow suit to beat those computers ;)

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I'm dumb, I'm actually using Hawaiii

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Team: Badgers
    Offensive Playbook: badgers
    Defensive Playbook: 43
    # of scholarships available: 21
    [​IMG]

Offensive Player to Watch: Melvin Gordon, HB - When the Badgers were able to sign #1 HB Charles Rogers, they didnt tell him he was going to sit on the bench all year. But Gordon has proven he is the lead back and will have to play like it to keep the position. The Badgers will go with the "hot hand" between a 4 back rotation with Jeff Lewis and Kenzel Doe. Being a Badger HB means you will put up yards and TDs, but this is a crowded backfield this year with loads of talent.
    Defensive Player to Watch: Dan Moyer, CB - UW has a great history of forcing turnovers the past few years and the JUCO transfer steps in ready to take over a starting role at CB. He has tremendous cover skills and will make plays. Anything less then 5 INTs this year may be considered a disappointment
    Sleeper Player: Robert Gandy, QB - Last season, Curt Phillips broke the game's school single season yards and TD records. But he is gone and UW has a QB competition going on. 3 Qbs are capable of running the offense. Jon Budmayr is the senior leader but very little playing experience (5/9 for 65 yds, 1 INT) but Joe Brennan is the more talented QB as a junior with even less experience (2/4 for 38 yd). Then there is the redshirt freshman Robert Gandy who may turn out to be the best of the bunch but hasnt even been on a gameday roster in his life. He may emerge as a starter if he opens the season well.

12. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Team: Purdue
    Offensive Playbook: Alabama
    Defensive Playbook: 4-3 (I love running the 4-2-5, but only if my personnel calls for it)
    # of scholarships available: 18
    Offensive Player to Watch: QB Jacob Russell - Obviously The Qwon had struggles throwing the ball last year, but Russell was in a transfer year and is my first pocket passing QB. The rest were all dual-threats so Purdue may even have a passing game this season.
    Defensive Player to Watch: CB Ricardo Allen- A 91 OVR, Allen is the kind of shut down corner that this defense needs in order to be able to blitz effectively.
    Sleeper Player: WR Matt Lee- The true freshman was an ESPN 150 4-star. One of the few big names landed by the Boilermakers. May be dangerous in the slot. Also to note is true freshman starting LT Cole Patterson. Another ESPN 150 kid, his 6'6, 309 pound frame is the prototypical size for protecting Russell's blindside.

13. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

Team: Iowa
    Offensive Playbook: Auburn
    Defensive Playbook: 3-4
    Scholarships: 68 players(+2) + 14 seniors = 16 schollies
    Offensive Player to watch: RB Larry Coker - He will be moved all over the formation to best utilize his skills. Wouldnt be surprised to see him in the Heisman discussion.
    Defensive Player to watch: Both DE's are All Americans going into the season. At Iowa, we believe in getting after your QB.
    Sleeper Player: Whichever stud frosh gets the start at QB. Finally have a QB fit to run my option system.

fuzzyl0gic can I play Kasper week 1?

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

where did russell come from JQwon13?

15. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

No clue. He must have transferred in when I started with this team for the last game two years ago, but I don't remember seeing where he came from. But it's nice to finally have a QB that fits my system. Stupid option QBs CoachRedd

16. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Team: Nebraska
    Offensive Playbook: Wake Forest
    Defensive Playbook: 4-2-5
    # of scholarships available: 15
    Offensive Player to Watch: Taylor Martinez. He looked good throwing from the shotgun in the bowl game, and hopefully he can have a full complete season throwing and running. Bret Davis is one to watch as well, went from a 79 OVR as a true freshman to an 84 this year as a Sophomore. Big bruising runner and it will be interesting to see him getting some carries from the SG.
    Defensive Player to Watch: David White. Sophomore CB who picked off 6 passes last season. Is needed to step up in a big way this year. He will be the most seasoned player in the defensive backfield.
    Sleeper Player: Whoever the true freshman is that gets to play at SS#2 this year. I am leaning towards Burns just because of his physical stats, but if I do I'll have to user him because he can't cover squat.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

from Kentucky

18. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Team: Clemson
    Offensive Playbook: Notre Dame
    Defensive Playbook: Multiple D
    # of scholarships available: 12
    Offensive Player to Watch: Cole Stoudt. With the change in offensive philosophy he's really thrived in this offense. He's got a year of solid PT under him so year two he should be better.
    Defensive Player to Watch: Garry Peters. A guy that got solid PT last year will be expected to anchor the corners.
    Sleeper Player: Mike Bellamy. With the change in philosophy, He was used sparingly but still racked up 932 yards rushing. The run game will be more of a factor this year.

19. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

EDIT: Changing my offensive playbook to auburn

20. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

Team: Georgia Tech
    Offensive Playbook: Oregon
    # of scholarships available: 17
    Offensive Player to Watch: Ashton Glaser
    Defensive Player to Watch: Jeremiah Attaochu
    Sleeper Player: Ashton Glaser
    Requested OOC games: Nebraska

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Not to bitch Natural, but you shouldn't be able to be "various" playbooks imo.. just pick one.

22. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Agreed.

23. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Will we refer back to this thread during the season if we change playbooks?

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

The point of the playbook choice is that teams usually do not change systems mid-season. Tell me how many times you see an air-raid team switch to say a pro-style offense in the same year? Please pick one to use. Everyone will get 1 playbook change per year.
    Yes sir.

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Up to date on my survey