Pre-Season Team by Team Interviews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DC, Jul 1, 2010.

1. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Pre-Season Team by Team Interviews

Welcome to bk's Preseason interviews!!!

Feel free and babble on as long as u want...give us more than one liners to read. Give us some detail that will get us interested in your program!!

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Texas Tech

[​IMG]

What's Your offensive Gameplan this season?

Who/s your top offensive player/s?

Whos your top defensive player/s?

Your Conference prediction?

Your Record Prediction?

What do u tell your team after the debacle with their former head coach?

Season Motto?

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

NC St.

[​IMG]
    Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Your Conference Prediction?

Your Personal Record Prediction?

Season Motto?

4. DC

DC Shake n Bake

South Florida

[​IMG]
    offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Washington

[​IMG]

fensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Blab about u know who...go on u know we all wanna hear it!!???

Season Motto?

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

VANDY

[​IMG]

offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

How do you plan to stop the high powered offenses like Alabama, Arkansas and florida this season?

Season Motto?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

UCONN

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Kansas St.

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

How do you plan to bring your team to prominence?
    Season Motto?

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Minnesota

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Cal

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Purdue

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Virginia

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan?

Defensive Gameplan?

Best Offensive Player/s?

Best Defensive player/s?

Season Motto?

13. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Purdue Boilermakers - Big 10
    2009 Record 5-7 (4-4)

Offense
    Multiple/Spread
    Purdue returns 6 starters on offense, led buy junior running back Ralph Bolden. Bolden was named second team all Big 10 last year and ran for 935 yards and 9 TD's. First team all Big 10 wideout Keith Smith returns who caught 91 passes for 1,100 yards last year, and Kyle Adams expects to have a big year at tight end. Purdue will have to replace 3 O-Line starters. UM transfer Robert Marve is the sign of hope for Purdue fans. After transferring from Miami to Purdue, Marve tore his ACL and is poised to lead Purdue to a bowl game.

Defense
    4-3
    The Boilermakers return 5 players on defense. Purdue looks to be weak against the pass this season where all four starters from last year are gone. JUCO transfer Michael Eargle should step up at corner. Chris Carlino, Dwayne Beckford, and Joe Holland all return at linebacker. The leader of the Purdue defense is definitely Ryan Kerrigan who was the team's defensive MVP in 2009. This year Kerrigan is first team all Big 10 and a second team all American. He led the nation in 2009 with 7 forced fumbles. He also had 13 sacks, 18.5 TFl, and 66 tackles.

Offensive Gameplan
    Certainly going a balanced attack with Robert Marve at QB and Bolden at RB. The offensive line is going to have to step up especially for the running game if Purdue is going to be competitive with the Big 10's elite. Look for Robert Marve and to have a big season passing to wideout Keith Smith, Cortez Smith, and tight end Kyle Adams. The passing game should open holes for big runs by Ralph Bolden.

Defensive Gameplan
    Purdue's front seven is solid and the defensive line is anchored by Kerrigan. They will have to focus on their pass defense to succeed. Fortunately they play in the Big 10 and won't have to face many pass heavy spread teams. The defense is weak and will have to step up and force turnover to support Marve and the offense.

Rise to Glory
    Look for a dynamic offensive passing game in the future. Look for a Sean Robinson to OJ Ross combination a lot in the coming years. Robinson is a 6'5" dual threat QB with a strong arm, and Ross is a speedy wide receiver who looks to be a big play threat for Purdue. Sophomore running back Al-Terek McBurse will lead Purdue's running game once Bolden graduates.

Prediction
    Although I said they would win the Big 1o earlier I will say....
    10-3 (6-2)
    3rd in the conference behind OSU and Iowa
    Winners of the Capital One Bowl

14. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

[​IMG]
    Offensive Gameplan?We will be running the multiple offense. Our offensive gameplan is to let Russel Wilson do what he does best. Manage the game and make little to no mistakes.

Defensive Gameplan? We will be running the 4-3. We are probably going to be giving up tons of scores. Definition of an average to below average defense.

Best Offensive Player/s? RW is 86 overall with nice speed, and a decent arm. We will ride him just like the wolf pack did last year. He's just a junior this year so we MAY have him next year. We have a 78OVR power back in Curtis Underwood Jr. We hope we can get some production out of him this year and next as he's a junior too. We have two decent receivers in Jarvis Williams, and Darrell Davis. They are both Seniors and are 89 and 88 OVR respectively. The line looks very very very very average.

Best Defensive player/s? When looking at the defense's OVR ratings this should tell you just how good they are...Senior Nate Iriving is a MLB with 89 OVR rating...The next best? The kicker....Yes, i'm serious.

Your Conference Prediction? We could potentially lose.....every game. ACC isn't the strongest of conferences but we aren't the strongest of teams. I'm going to predict a 5-3 conference record.....and that's being generous.

Your Personal Record Prediction? Well, I can see losses coming at Cinnci, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and MAYBE North Carolina (although the wolfpack always seems to dominate even when NC is the better team)....I'm going to go out on a limb and say 8-4, with a nice bowl game victory....Man.....going to be tough.

Season Motto? "Lets stay injury free! HOOORAHHHH"

15. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

"No more doubts...WE WILL!!!

16. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan? Multiple Power Scheme - With 9 starters returning, including the entire offensive line, Coach Teague looks to utilize this asset to fit into his Multiple Power offensive system. The Golden Gophers have a very capable set of QBs for this attack in 6'3 221 lb. SR Adam Weber, as well as the ability to produce a change of pace option in 6'4 222 lb SO MarQueis Gray. Many questions are still out there about Minnesota's offense as the Golden Gophers finished dead last in the Big 10 last season in scoring offense, rushing offense, and total offense. JR Duane Bennett was the team's leading rusher with a whopping 376 yards rushing last season...OUCH!!!

Defensive Gameplan? Multiple 3-4 Scheme - Defense may very well be the area that has to suffer the most growing pains for Coach Teague this season. He's installing his 3-4 scheme and this is never an easy task for a team that has never run it before. Couple that with 9 new starters on defense and the Golden Gophers could suffer some very long Saturday afternoons this year against the likes of Big 10 foes Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State, and not to mention when USC comes calling on Sept. 18. 6'2 333 lb. JR Jewhan Edwards will be the bell cow of the 3-4 scheme and will need to learn quickly the responsibilities of being a 2 gap player. Although the LB corps leaves a lot to be desired, the defensive secondary should be pretty solid led by returning senior starters at both safety spots in 5'11 193 lb SR Kim Royston and 5'10 193 lb SR Kyle Theret.

Best Offensive Player/s? Offensively, our best returning starter is Duane Bennett. Although his rushing numbers last season were paltry at best, Coach Teague is hoping that an experienced offensive line and a more diverse offensive attack will help Bennett improve on those numbers. Look for QB's Gray and Weber to have better years as well.

Best Defensive player/s? Kim Royston and Kyle Theret have to be given this honor as the only two lone starters on defense. There's no overlooking the value of having senior experience on defense.

Your Conference Prediction? Most prognosticators have the Golden Gophers finishing dead last in the Big 10. We are predicting a nice turnaround from the previous year of 3-5 into a more respectable 5-3. A 4-4 record could take shape as well as road trips to Wisconsin and Michigan State are never easy.

Your Personal Record Prediction? I'm an eternal optimist, which completely goes against the grain of conventional "coach speak"...which is to show pessimism. I'm predicting 8-3, 7-4 at worst.

How do you plan to bring your team to prominence? Recruiting, recruiting, and did I mention....RECRUITING! I have learned that you can not be blinded by blue chip ratings. You have to find the players that fit your system above all else. Our plan at Minnesota is to find the type of players that fit our system, mold them into the best athlete possible, max out their potential, and hopefully in the process still a few good ones away from the likes of Ohio State and Penn State. Our plan is a 5 year plan. Two years of solid recruiting, two more years of maturation, experience and growth, and by the 5th year have a team that is capable of making a legitimate run as Big 10 Champions.

Season Motto? "No more doubts...WE WILL!!!

17. DC

DC Shake n Bake

really good responses guys!! this material keeps ODs goin!

18. DoomsDayD1978

DoomsDayD1978 Walk On

Hope you don't mind that I added my own Minnesota logo since the original one was broken for some reason on Page 1 of this thread.

19. DC

DC Shake n Bake

not at all(y)

20. T-bone

T-bone Walk On

21. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan? Not really sure how the offense will run. I expect to have a strong run game with Shane Vereen and Covaughn Deboskie. I hope that Senior QB Kevin Riley will have a solid campaign. If Riley stumbles out of the gate Allan Bridgford could take over early on. Leading WR Marvin Jones and TE Anthony Miller will look to lead the team in yards, receptions and TD's this season.

Defensive Gameplan? I will probably work in some 4-3 with the 3-4. They recruited a lot of highly rated LB/DE's this past season. Gabe King, Chris Martin, Nick Forbes, Cecil Whiteside, Dave Wilkerson and Keenan Allen will all look to make a impact as Freshman.

Best Offensive Player/s? Shane Vereen should be the teams offensive MVP. If everything goes well he could be in position for many awards and maybe even the Heisman.

Best Defensive player/s? Not sure who will step up on defense. A lot of young talent will be looking for playing time. I'm not the most knowledgeable of the Cal defense so I could probably answer this question better once I play with them.

Your Conference Prediction? Cal should battle Oregon, USC or Oregon State for the Pac 10 title. We should run the table in the Pac 10 going into our last game against Washington to close out our regular season.

Your Personal Record Prediction? 10 or 11 wins is the goal. If we can't make the national championship game we will look to win the Rose Bowl. Maybe a Rose Bowl win over Penn State.

How do you plan to bring your team to prominence? We will lock down the state of California. With USC on the downfall we will have the perfect chance to do so. Sooner than later all the top recruits on California will have Cal on the short list.

Season Motto?

Dynasty Rising​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

[​IMG]

When Locker decided to return for his senior, rather than declare for the NFL Draft, it represented one of the most important developments in the recent history of Husky football. He’s a game-changer, who’s good enough to elevate an entire program that’s been floundering for a decade. Head Coach Steve Sarkisian begins his second season, fresh off a terrific recruiting class and a team that returns 18 starters. With a gazillion skill players on offense returning, the question marks all reside on defense

After finishing 9th in the Pac 10 in scoring defense in 2009, Washington needs an inside linebacker to replace Donald Butler and two new ends now that Daniel Te’o-Nesheim and Darrion Jones have graduated. The secondary needs all the help it can get from the pass rush, so it’s incumbent upon ends Kalani Aldrich, Talia Crichton, Andru Pulu, and Everrette Thompson to push each other for snaps

Offensive Game plan? Depending upon the tweaks made by Coach Sark and Tubb, the Offense Game plan may be Multiple based or Pro-style. Coach Tubb, like Coach Sark, favors a Pro-style offense. Depending upon EA's competency, however, a Multiple offense may be better.

Defensive Gameplan? The Huskies will certainly run a multiple defense strategy based out of the 4-3 this season. However a 3-4, 4-6 and a variation of the passing defense will be used to stop the potent offenses of the Pac-10.

Best Offensive Player/s? Obviously, Dark horse Heisman Contender QB Jake Locker (96 rating) is the best offensive player on the Husky's squad. However, Sophomore RB Chris Polk (90) and Junior WR Jermaine Kearse (87) will look to have big seasons as well.

Best Defensive player/s? The defense is headed by the Defense Line. Sophomore RDE Talia Crichton (86), LDE Andrew Pulu (86) and Junior Dt Alameda Ta'amu (86) anchor the Defensive line. While Sophore CB Adam Long (86), Sophomore MLB Kurt Mangum (85), Sophomore FS Nate Fellner (85) and Junior LOLB Cort Dennison (85) will also look to make vital contributions on D this season.

Your Conference Prediction? Unlike most people, I think the pac10 will be strong this year. USC, Oregon, Oregon State, Cal, Stanford, Arizona and Washington will all make bowls games this year. With Cal, Washington, USC and Oregon battling for the Conference title and the Natty

Your Personal Record Prediction? This will be a long season if the Locker goes down, largely because all of the Huskies tough games are on the road.. Backup QB RS-FR Keith Price and True Freshman Nick Montana (I hope he turns out like pops) will be thrown into the fire if Locker gets hurt. If locker and Polk stay healthy I predict the Huskies going 10-2 or 11-1. If Locker goes down 9-3 is reasonable,,.

Blab about u know who...go on u know we all wanna hear it!!??? Locker Locker Locker,,,for Heisman........lol

Rise to Glory? My rise to glory will surely start at recruiting.....Offensive Line and Defense will be my biggest focus' this year.

Season Motto? Get Down or Lay Down!!!!!!!!!

23. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Very good stuff guys!

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

Offensive Gameplan? ~We will stick with the Pro Style offense and look to control the ball. I have always been run first, and that won't change.

Defensive Gameplan? ~Our 3-4 defense will become one of the most feared in college football, you can write that down as a promise.

Best Offensive Player/s? ~Marc Verica will lead this team this season, and he has the composure to do so. Kris Burd will continue to be a go to WR and right now Mack looks to be our starting HB.

Best Defensive player/s? ~Conrath and JKD will be key in our line, and our LBs are all play makers. McLeod will hold down our secondary with Rowling.

Your Conference Prediction? ~The ACC is the toughest conference in the country. All 12 teams are tough, that includes us. Miami has a roster full of playmakers and will be tough to hold down, but they gotta come through us first.

Your Personal Record Prediction? ~We have 6 big games this season. USC, Miami, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Florida St, and that other team from Virginia. Georgia Tech and North Carolina have holes to fill. USC is under alot of pressure and scrutiny. Florida St is with a new coach. Miami had the tendency to falter last season. We can beat them all. Looking at throwing out a good prediction, 9-3. ACC Championship game contender, and a solid bowl game vicotry.

How do you plan to bring your team to prominence? ~Win. That's easy. Win games, get noticed.

Season Motto? ~Bring It. It may be a common motto, but it fits perfect. It's time for the Virginia Cavaliers and fan base to bring it.

25. ForeTheGlory

ForeTheGlory Walk On

Offensive Gameplan? Coach Brady is looking to install a spread option offense in order take advantage of Quarterback Larry Smith's running abilities. Word coming from sources close to the program indicates that Brady has even sent some assistants to Nevada to learn firsthand about the Pistol offense. Whatever offense Vanderbilt uses come gametime, expect a heavy dose of the running game as Smith is a rather unpolished passer, completing only 46.7% of his passes last year.

Defensive Gameplan? The Commodores will use the 4-3 defense. Coach Brady emphasized that the defense needs to stop the big plays. While Vanderilt may not have the talent of other SEC teams, Brady said that if teams are going to score against them, they are going to have to earn it with long, hard-fought drives.

Best Offensive Player/s? Vanderbilt will rely heavily on Sophomore Tailback Warren Norman who was last year's SEC Freshman of the Year. Another Sophomore standout, Wide Receiver John Cole will be Smith's go-to target this year. He should expect a solid year provided that Smith can throw an accurate pass every now and then.

Best Defensive Player/s? The talent on this side of the ball is few and far between for the Commodores. The lone standout appears to be Junior Chris Marve who will lead the defense from his Middle Linebacker position.

Your Conference Prediction? Alabama and Arkansas will battle for the West while Florida and Georgia duke it out in the East. The SEC is the best conference in the country right now and that doesn't look like it will be changing anytime soon. I'll pick Alabama and Florida in the SEC Championship with Alabama prevailing.

Your Personal Record Prediction? 7-5, There is just not enough talent on the roster now to compete with the rest of the SEC. If Smith can put together a solid showing though, the Commodores could get 8 or even 9 wins.

How do you plan to stop the high powered offenses like Alabama, Arkansas, and Florida this season? To be honest, the Commodores can't really hope to stop such great offenses, but contain them instead. The only way we face 'Bama would be if both teams made it to the SEC Championship but I appreciate the optimism.

Season Motto? New Season. New Heart. New Swagger. New Vanderbilt Football.