Pre-Season Week 1: Cleveland at Detroit

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by dj illmatic 23, Sep 4, 2012.

1. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Jun 5, 2012
    Note: I wasn't sure if we had to do write-ups for pre-season games, so I'm typing this up several hours after the game :oops:
    Cleveland ( dj illmatic 23 )- 34​
    Detroit ( Corey Haggard )-31​
    The Browns first team did very little in this game. Trent Richardson had several carries, but did not break any long runs. His best play came on a screen pass for 20+ yards, and on a catch later in the game. Detroit's HB Kevin Smith(?) took the first play for the Lions 78 yards for a TD. Both second string units turned the ball over several times. Detroit got out to a two score lead with long TD passes, including one to the HB out of the back field. It looked like the game was over late in the fourth, but Colt McCoy hit WR Travis Benjamin (this kid can fly!) for a 80 yard TD. McCoy then hit WR Josh Gordon to pull within two with around a minute to go. McCoy hit Trent Richardson for the 2 point conversion (don't ask why he was in as the 5th WR:confused:) to tie the game. Detroit tried to answer back, but threw a pick on their next play from scrimmage. This set up the game winning FG with no time left for the Browns. Overall, I was disappointed in my first team D, and all the drops. I had several big drops and penalties. I am happy with my two rookie WR's Gordon and Benjamin who both had long TD receptions. Weeden didn't get enough reps to really show me anything. Hell of a game for a pre-season opener though. ​

• Like Like x 1