Pre-Season Week 1 - Dallas @ Oakland

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Sep 4, 2012.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

[​IMG]

The 2012 season got off to a rousing start in Oakland as the Cowboys hop a bus up from Oxnard, CA and arrive ready to play tonight.

The first team looked awesome in the 1st qtr as Tony Romo spread the ball all over the field, putting up 21 points before the coaches called it a night for him and the starters at the start of the 2nd qtr.

From their Dallas struggled. Our second team defense got lit up by Raiders backup RB Tawain Jones who rumbled for 180+ yards on 22 carries.

It was a good opening game for both teams as the Raiders subs play well and bring them back to win a close game. This one went down to basically the last play of the game.

GG Kidofcrash23

• Like Like x 2
  2. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

3. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

So there's no option to do conventional play calling? we have to use gameflow??

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

you can turn off gameflow but it doesn't stick.. it's a bug.

5. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Question - I saw that accelerated clock isn't working in User v. User in CCM (or something like that...). Does that mean we'll be shortening the quarter lengths?

6. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

I was noticing that too. I've read other leagues having the same issue with acc not working in CCM.

In our game, we played 8 minutes and it seemed find to me. We both got enough pass and running plays to get the stats realistic. I think i had 28 passes and 25 rushes.

I've played in 8 minute qtrs with 20 sec acc in the past and the stats usually were 20 passes and 10 rushes or 30 passes 7 rushes. Something like that.

7. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Pre-Season Week 1 Dallas Cowboys vs. Oakland Raiders Analysis

[​IMG]

Cowboys

The Good

One thing that stuck of the first pre-season game between the Cowboys and Raiders was that the Cowboys 1st team offense was unstoppable. Tony Romo played lights out putting together multiple scoring drives and generating 21 points alone in the 1st quarter. Romo was in sync with both Dez Bryant who thrashed the secondary for almost 150 yards on 3 catches in addition Witten coming up big in some key 3rd down situations. Overall, the Cowboys offense looks like a force to be wrecking with and once the Cowboys start establishing the run with Murray and Jones, things may get out of hand.

The 1st team defense of the Cowboys looked strong, other than the big play by Denarious Moore, the Cowboys defense was pretty stout in the 1st quarter. Not so much in the 2nd half.

The Bad

After the hot start by the offense, there wasn’t much else as Orton/McGee failed to put together good drives until later in the 2nd half of the game. The backup QBs threw some timely picks with one being in the end zone which may have been the difference in the game. If either one hopes to take over the back-up role, they need to show-up big in week 2.

The running game started off strong, but failed to be productive later in the game. The reason could be the passing game as they generated over 400 yards of passing which gave limited opportunities for the Cowboy running backs. One thing is for sure, it will be tough to keep Murray and Jones from some big plays in the regular season.

Mentioned above about the 1st team defense play well, the 2nd and 3rd didn’t do as well as Taiwan Jones went crazy for 180 yards. Depth on the defensive side will be key in the regular season and the 2nd team will need to improve or changes will be made.

[​IMG]

Raiders

The Good

Taiwan Jones! With Michael Bush leaving for free agency to the Bears, the Raiders have been looking for a suitable back-up to Mcfadden who has had some injury issues. While Taiwan Jones was not the type they were looking for as a big bruiser type like Bush, Jones showed he can step in for McFadden and produce with his elite speed. Jones finished the game with 22 rushes and 184 yards against a 2nd and 3rd Cowboy defense. While not the first team, still, shows Jones has some big play ability that the Raiders really love.

The Bad

Is Nnamdi Asomugha available? Giving up 400 yards passing and letting the Cowboys 1st team run up and down the field easily, the secondary is a growing concern. After ousting Routt in the off-season, the Raiders look to DVD, veterans Spencer and Bartell to pick-up the slack. It did not show and especially against Dez Bryant. The safeties as well looked horrid as Branch looked terrible in coverage and Huff was n where to be seen. Raiders need to improve the coverage if they want to compete.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

now that, gentlemen, is how a game summary is done...

Analysis, information, highlights, perspective... what else could you want? YOUR TURN

9. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I didn't see an option to create any highlights after the game. Is this because it was a pre-season game, or is this option not available in CCM?

• Like Like x 1