Pre snap motion on offense rule

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 24, 2009.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Pre snap motion on offense rule

i just got done with one of the cheesiest games i've ever played on ps3. the falcons done a old cheesy trick that we dont have rules against, but evidently we need them.

the rule should be:
    your pre-snap movement should be kept to a minimum. no pre-snap movement on every play. if you send a player in motion that player MUST be complete (player fully stopped) before the ball can be snapped.

what he was doing was sending wr's in motion (almost every single play) and hiking the ball with the wr in the middle of his motion in the middle of the oline which gave him another blocker in the oline and confuses the AI on defense.

he done this all game long. sucky way to lose a game.

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

well i havent seen this done in the nfl... ive only seen it used with a tight end motion and only when its a run....

3. natedawg212000

i have no problems letting tes and fbs motion, but they must come to a stop. you NEVER see a wr motion and then when in the middle of the oline hike the ball and become a stud blocker, that just wont happen.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I could have swore we had a rule for this.Anyways, I have been doing just that. Waiting till the players comes to a stop. I say post it up. The only exception is the auto-route plays(green routes). The players on these routes do not come to complete stop.

5. natedawg212000

you are correct jeremy.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I thought we had a rule against this as well. But put it in.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

He had done the same thing against me, along with moving a LB up to the line on Defense.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I honestly don't remember if he did it that much to me. I won, so I was so excited about winning that I didn't even really pay attention to his defensive play.

9. natedawg212000

ya, he was moving his SS all the way to the line also.

10. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Putting man in motion pre-snap is also a way to tell the coverage of the defense (man vs. zone)? I am really sorry to judge guys, but I have been away for a few days with the holidays and I have had to answer 3 new rules threads about this guys game play. This is a little ridicules. He is getting on my nerves. I have never understood why people feel the need to manipulate the AI of a video game.

11. natedawg212000

i'll post this one up also. special teams rules will stay the same.