Predetermined play outcome?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by astealthyhippo, Nov 12, 2009.

1. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Oct 14, 2009
    Predetermined play outcome?

Wanted to get thoughts or hear if anyone has the same view as me. It seems as if certain plays, have a predetermined outcome. I don't run across it every game I play, but one play from a game yesterday stands out like a sore thumb.

I was playing in my offline dynasty as Navy, and I was playing @ Pitt. I was winning 13-10 in the 4th quarter. I stopped Pitt in their own territory on 3rd down on a completed pass short of the first down marker (clock still running). There was just over 2 mintues to go when the play ended and Pitt had all 3 timeouts left. I figured they would punt quickly, so as to save as much time as possible to stop me and get the ball back. They ended up running the clock down to 2 seconds before they punted. It seemed strange to me that they wasted all that time, but I fielded the punt as usual. Fearing I would fumble the ball I dove (stupid...I know) before the Pitt players got to me.....and fumbled the ball. Pitt recovered and took it in for 6, winning the game.

Just seemed like the CPU knew it would make me fumble regardless so it drained the clock so I wouldn't have much time to drive the ball back down the field.

Anybody else have something similar happen?