Predicting the Divisions with John Madden & Al Michaels

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Kasper, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Featuring the NFC West
    Al Michaels: "I'm Al Michaels here with my good buddy John Madden and we're here to give a little insight into how the first season of the TMFL should pan out. We had to sucker John out of his retirement and away from his Brett Favre shrine to get him here, so I hope you guys enjoy."
    John Madden: "Yeah you know we have a great football season ahead of his this year. The NFL is so full of great players that you are bound to see some great games- probably with a lot of great plays in them because that's what great players do... you know, make great plays."
    A: "Safe to say we are off and running I guess. Now, we're going to cover each division separately, starting with the NFC West where we have Coach JFace907 and his Seattle Seahawks, the Arizona Cardinals and Coach TEClemson53 , JohnnyClutch with the San Francisco 49ers, and Matrix Monkey trying to keep Sam Bradford alive with the St. Louis Rams."
    J: "This is a really interesting division Al, at first glance you really have to go with the Niners to run away considering the competition- but there is a lot of young talent and who knows what could happen."
    [​IMG]
    A: "There are a number of story lines coming into this season; as John mentioned you have the Niners trying to go one step further and make it to the Super Bowl, a Seattle team that has a hype train behind Russell Wilson that is building with every day, Sam Bradford and the Rams itching to take that next step to being competitive after a woeful 2 win season, and a Cardinal's team that could take huge strides if there was some solid quarterback play."
    J: "Ya Al when you are looking at this divisional race I think it really comes down to one player- Russell Wilson. If he is ready to go from the get go - a big if - Seattle could certainly be a contender. He has a good running game behind him with Marshawn Lynch and a healthy Sidney Rice could really help Wilson. There are a lot of quarterbacks in this league that have good arms, and there are lot that can extend plays with their legs, but Russell Wilson has all of that and an X factor - he is just a winner. You can't coach that."
    A: "Good point John, looking back at last season everyone was expecting St Louis to turn the corner after coming very close to finishing ahead of the Seahawks for the division- and out of nowhere the 49ers come up and are a win away from the Super Bowl. Certainly the 49ers are the favorite, but if that 2011 scenario were to play out, you would have to expect that the Seahawks would be the team to come out of the blue and capture that division crown."
    J: "I'd have to agree with you there Al. With how shaky the quarterback play is in Arizona, and the Rams obviously needing some work after last year, it has to come down to Seattle and San Francisco."
    A: "Yeah you know John, as much as I love what Russell Wilson is doing up North, I think you still have to believe that San Francisco is going to take this division. Alex Smith is finally playing up to expectations, and their running game only got stronger with the additions of LaMichael James and Brandon Jacobs. Seattle just might be my Wild Card pick though."
    J: "I'm going to go out on a limb and say Seattle finds a way to take this division. Marshawn Lynch is going to have a great year if Wilson can play well- not to mention if things don't work out with the rookie they have a really good QB behind him with Matt Flynn. I'm taking the Seahawks out West."
    A: "Well folks with that we are going to take a small break here, we're going to take a look at the AFC East tomorrow sometime- stay tuned!"
    [​IMG] Or? [​IMG]
    Let us know what you think below!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

49ers are dirty in this game. They should be heavy favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

JFace907 is a great player, and that team really suits his style perfectly. I have him winning this division as well (he'll kill me for this)

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

You are dead to me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Why do you think madden took the hawks? Haha

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Johnnyclutch plays excellent defense. That Niners team is a perfect fit for him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

As long as he RUNS the ball he should do great!

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Featuring the AFC East

A: "Hello folks Al Michaels back here with my friend John Madden and we're going to run over the AFC East division next. Last time around we took at look at the NFC West and John and I were split; he took the up and coming Seahawks led by rookie sensation Russell Wilson and I went with the surging 49ers who are coming off a great 2011 campaign. The AFC East is comprised of Keller and his beloved Bills, SimFBallCritic and the New York Jets, everyone's favorite douchebag CoachRedd and the for now Tebow-less Dolphins, and finally niuhuskie224 and the New England Patriots."
    J: "At first glance it's hard to go against the Patriots. Coach Huskie knows what he is doing on the sticks and there is plenty of talent to get the job done. Just like our last division we took a look at, a rookie QB could really determine how this one plays out. Ryan Tannehill has some tools to work with in Miami- Reggie Bush, Davon Bess, and a usually solid Anthony Fasano. Outside of Tebow mania, the Jets are an interesting team as well- solid quarterback play could certainly land this team in the playoffs. They have what should be a dominant defense with the additions of Yeremiah Bell and Laron Landry at the safety spots and Quinton Coples from the draft-- anything less than top ten would be a disappointment I think. Finally you have the Bills who have similar storylines coming into the year like the Jets do- if Fitzpatrick can get his game together and consistently play well or at least manage the game, then this team has potential to land in the playoffs. They have a great defense that got a huge boost from the free agent signing of Mario Williams. The backfield tandem of Jackson and Spiller could potentially be impressive as well- though there are talks of Jackson possibly being on the move before the season starts."
    A: "Jeez John, that was a mouthful- you better take a breather bud, heh. I think the number one question in the AFC East is wether or not the Patriots will continue to dominate. There isn't really any reason, on paper at least, to pick against the Pats, but there is a lot of history going against them. New England was the runner up last year, but history says it has has been 39 years since the Super Bowl runner ups came back and won the championship. The Dolphins lost Super Bowl VI and came back to win number VII- so it has been a while."
    J: "There may be that history against them Al, but I think they still have to be the favorite to at least win the division. They had some defensive issues to address, and just like you would expect them to do they addressed the issues in the draft with Syracuse pass rusher Chandler Jones and Alabama do it all linebacker Dont'a Hightower. Also, Patrick Chung needs to stay healthy- this defense was nearly night and day different with him on the field."
    A: "Certainly good points John and that defense has potential to be one of the better units in the league. You know you are going to score points with Tom Brady and that offense, but you can only get so far trying to outscore folks."
    J: "Well you know that's really what this comes down to- can that defense stay sharp throughout the whole year and can those young guys come in and contribute from the get go."
    A: "With that John let's get to the picks- I'll let you go first."
    J: "I'm usually one to go out on a limb here with picking winners- but I think it just too hard to go against the Patriots. There is too much uncertainty at the other quarterback spots to go against arguably the best of our time. I'm taking the Patriots, and doubt any of the other three get in on a Wild Card birth."
    A: "You know John, I think I'm going to agree with everything you say there. The Patriots are going to continue their dominance and capture this division; I also agree that they will be the lone playoff rep out of this group."
    [​IMG]
    Who do you think takes this division?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I Peench

SimFBallCritic can ball, I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a run with my little brother, aka NY Jets ​

10. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

With who, McElroy?

11. I Peench

His running game and defense are really good. They'll suit his style. Shonn Green is pretty sweet in this game

12. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I'm gonna roll with the underdog in the NFC west, Rams at 10-6

For the AFC east I'm going with the Jets to unseat the Pats 11-5.

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Yeah just ask Marquis Lee and Robert Woods. :p

Would not surprise me at all if someone else rose up and won this division as I shake off the Madden rust.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

[​IMG]
    Featuring the NFC North
    A: "Back here again with my friend John Madden, I'm Al Michaels and we're going to dial up the tough NFC North this time around. You can pretty much punch Green Bays ticket to somewhere in the playoffs, but it's also a safe bet that another team will likely make their way in as a Wild Card. You have the high flying Detroit Lions, the ground and pound Minnesota Vikings, and the Monsters of the Midway in Chicago. This is a very tough division to pick John."
    J: "Yeah either these guys, the NFC East, or the NFC South are going to be toughest ones I think. You mentioned that you might as well punch Green Bays ticket now, but I'm not so sure about that. Chicago and Detroit are both teams I think could find a way to take this division."
    A: "Before we get to far into this lets run through the coaches; we have Masler with the Packers, Dru50 with his Bears, HovaTheGodMC and the Lions, and Timpegoose holding down the Vikings. One thing that you notice here is that a lot of these coaches are coaching their favorite teams which could make for a lot of fun and quite the scuffle for the division; also these guys are going to really want to beat their division rivals."
    J: "Yeah you know the Vikings have really dropped to the bottom of this division since they lost the great, all knowing, best quarterback ever ever, Brett Favre. Christian Ponder has had his moments but fans are starting to get antsy in Minnesota. If the Vikings don't make some progress this year you could really see some fans calling for a change. On the flip side, the other three teams have good, steady quarterback play and there should be a lot of great football played. Jay Cutler in Chicago, Matt Stafford in Detroit, and of course Aaron Rodgers running the show in Green Bay. It's been no secret though, Coach Masler has had some struggles."
    A: "Would you say this division is a lot more open than one might expect?"
    J: "Certainly, in fact my pick to take this division is Chicago. Great QB play with Cutler, a good running game with Forte and the new addition Michael Bush, and some nice receivers in Brandon Marshall and the rookie Alshon Jeffery."
    A: "Good points there John- you know what you are going to get from that defense with Urlacher, Peppers, and the rest of them. Everyone is waiting for them to show some age but it just isn't happening."
    J: "It's inevitable, but just hasn't happened yet. I expect another year of being a top 5 defense from Da Bears. Who ya got in this one Al?"
    A: "As much as my gut is telling me to take the Packers, I just can't for some reason. Detroit finds a way to take this division. I think that offense is going to be really really good, and Stafford is going to stay healthy. I don't think that defense has quite turned the corner yet, and I could be very wrong about that, but I think they will certainly be good enough."
    J: "You know, Stafford reminds me of a young Brett Favre. He is a gun slinger in that offense and isn't afraid to take some chances. You know Calvin Johnson is going to dominate, and everyone around him is only getting better."
    A: "And with that folks, we are going to wrap this edition of Predicting the Divisions up. Next week we are going to head down to the AFC South and find out if Houston starts to take control of that division or not- see you tomorrow."
    [​IMG]Or? [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I forget to try to be funny with Madden- and then when I remember I can't think of a way to do it without it being completely random/out of context...

:(

16. Hova

random brett favre mentions in every sentence?

17. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I say Nasthegodmc will take the NFC north...I mean hova.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I Peench

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Don't get too full of yourselves out there fellas.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

meh only 3rd or 4th toughest division. You dont even have a 4th user yet!! haha

21. I Peench

That's true...

22. Hova

I'm spankin the packers on the regular but Dru50 will be tough. Should be fun. Not counting out AP either we all know the Lions cannot tackle.

23. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Hova is going to have about 500 yards receiving with Megatron when we play - so far in playing with the Bears I've determined we can't rush the passer and we can't cover receivers.....other than that we are golden.