PREGAME COACHES PRESSER FOR USC vs OREGON

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    We will have Coach Tuco up to the podium first.​

Coach you put the 20+ game win streak on the line vs. Oregon. IS the streak something you discuss as a team or do you ignore it and go about your business?

What has been your toughest tests this season?

What does Oregon do that hs you concerned going into this game?

What is the identity of this year's Trojans squad?

Do you feel this is your last roadblock to a BCS championship game appearance?

Predictions or keys to victory?

Coach Nrg will join us now.​

[​IMG]

Last year was brutal this year you are a USC win away from having a shot at the Pac 10 title.What has been the key to the turnaround in Eugene?

Who do you depend on to lead your offensive and defensive units?

WHo do you feel has the special teams edge in this battle?

What does USC do that you must stop or must account for on offense?

Are your kids ready to play in a big time game like this again?

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

Last year was brutal this year you are a USC win away from having a shot at the Pac 10 title.What has been the key to the turnaround in Eugene?
    The main difference between last year and this year is that we've been able to close out games. We had more than half our losses come by a touchdown or less. Rather than being down on ourselves, we've been more mentally tough, which has proven dividends in the 4th quarter. Our guys look really relax and focused when it's "crunch time".

Who do you depend on to lead your offensive and defensive units?
    We rely heavily on the running game to set up the big passing plays. LaMichael being out definitely changes our gameplan, but I am confident that Lache Seastrunk will step up and prove to the nation that he's not one to sleep on. On the defensive side, we really try to limit the big plays and keep our opponents out of the endzone despite the massive amount of yards we give up. It truely is a bend-but-don't-break defense.

WHo do you feel has the special teams edge in this battle?
    I believe USC have tremendous players that can really change the outcome of the game on any given play on special teams. However, I also feel that we have the athletes to match up with them. It should be a good one.

What does USC do that you must stop or must account for on offense?
    USC is so balanced and methodical in what they do. They can kill you with the short passes, the long ones, or bruise you up the middle with their heavy-hitting running backs. Our gameplan is to limit the big plays and force turnovers early and often. We need to get Matt Barkley off the field to be honest.

Are your kids ready to play in a big time game like this again?
    I sure hope so :D

I think it's going to be a hard-fought match between two fine programs. Whoever executes the best and limit their mistakes will come out the winner...and hopefully that's us.

3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Great answers man!!!!

4. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you