Preliminary NCAA 11 Team Selection Notions

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Preliminary NCAA 11 Team Selection Notions

Psycho raised a pretty cool idea in the scores thread about clusters of rivalries. This got me thinking, does anyone have any early ideas of who they will be in NCAA 11? I have my list set at 4 for now -- it is a ways away so it will probably change a couple times.

- Auburn
    - Arizona St
    - Colorado
    - Navy

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I will finish out with Nebraska on this game but will want to be a new team next season.

Some teams I may have interest in:

- Oregon
    - Texas
    - Illinois
    - Miami

But by time next year rolls around who knows

3. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

-FSU (emphasis here)
    -USC
    -BOISE STATE
    -CINCINATTI

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Michigan St
    Michigan St
    Michigan St
    Michigan St

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Michigan
    Michigan
    Michigan
    Michigan

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I think I may switch it up and go with a different team.

Innocente! (or Sike!/Psych! for non-Modern Family fans)

Sorry Basis, not happening.

7. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Really?!?!? Just make sure leave my buffalo chips where I put them, otherwise I'll get mean. :mad:

All I care about is having a traditional rivalry with someone, so if it goes you Colorado, Hova Texas, then Nebraska would be a good fit.

I'd love to get in the whole Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame thing, but not having a Conference Championship game is so yesterday and tends to take some of the fun away at the end of the season.

So Judging what people have put
    - Nebraska
    - Oregon State
    - Ohio State (low on my list, I hate starting stacked)
    - Florida (low on my list, I hate starting stacked)
    - Arizona

Honestly this list changes with everyone else's picks. If I see two guys are set with their teams and have picked rivals and there's a natural trifecta rival (Fla-FSU-Mia, Neb-Tex-OU, ND-Navy-Army, Navy-Army-AF... you get the hint), that's where I'll be leaning towards, and if their in a conference with a conference Championship game, that will most definitely be my first choice.

BTW - NCAA'11 I'll probably miss all of season 1 User games and maybe 2, I'll do my recruiting so it doesn't kill me later and will try to get in my cpu. The reason I'll miss all that time is my second child... find out gender Monday, we'll be scheduled for a c-section on July 15... yes I know what day that's going to be, and it will be atleast 2-3 months before the thing sleeps long enough for me to be able schedule (and keep the schedule) and finish games... along with getting sleep.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

In order:

Florida
    Texas A&M
    Cal
    Oklahoma State

9. Hova

I'd be willing to be OSU as well but we dont want to cram pack a conference to full. Boston College also intrigues me as well lol I will pry be a last minute decision once most everyone else has chosen.

10. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

I don't have any ideas for teams yet (if I'm still here...). I do like the rivalry idea though.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just throwing mine out there. All are equally possible. Most of you know I like to build up a creampuff, but I may be tired of it.:)

Baylor
    SMU
    TCU

or

Ohio State (I got dibs)

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Just throwing mine out there. All are equally possible. Most of you know I like to build up a creampuff, but I may be tired of it.:)

Baylor
    SMU
    TCU

or

Ohio State (I got dibs)

13. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I love building a program too, but with Fla, FSU, ND, Mia, Mich, OU... with half the league in easy to recruit, easy to make powerhouses (or are powerhouses), you won't start being able to compete with half the league until year 5 or 6. Hence why I bucked my norm and grabbed Penn State.

14. jello1717

Just look @ MSU. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for him. It's especially bad since he didn't start with us so the CPU recruited for MSU for a couple of seasons. JC is good. The first time we played, before my superstar team fully blossomed and when he still had some good players from his original roster, I barely beat him. But now, his good guys have graduated and the CPU screwed him in recruiting so he's getting blown out in user games.

Look @ Shaun. I think that Army is still winless in user games and they've been here from the start so he's probably about 0-12. Then there's also the CPU games. The sliders are set such that MSUn, MSUs, and Army are winning some games, but that makes things too easy for powerhouses. In 4 years I still haven't lost to the CPU. I think ND has only lost once to the CPU. Before Basis went belly up this season I think he was undefeated. Etc.

Anywho, I think I'm just rambling.

Do yourself a favor choose someone else. Trust me when I say that you want no part of this.

GO BLUE!

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Truth be told, I don't usually win alot of user games unless I have alot of talent. I just make to many mistakes. That is why I lose to the CPU here for the most part, I screw up. If I have more talent I have a bigger margin for error. Last night in The Deuce I beat a top 10 team and I had 6 turnovers more than them, SIX. But my team is loaded (thanks Basis). With Army, I lose if I turn the ball over, and I do it alot.

That said, I am undefeated in tOSU vs TSUN matchups.:)

16. jello1717

That's because you haven't played me. When I said "you want no part of this" I should've been more clear. I didn't mean "you want no part of Michigan". I meant "you want no part of me playing as Michigan!"

Just slowly back away.

GO BLUE!

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Damn you, you know I love a challenge.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Shaun definitely has first crack at Ohio State if he should want them.

It does seem like some guys are open to the idea of moving to the NOT QUITE powerhouse teams next season, including myself, so it may be a little bit more conducive to building your team a bit. We'll see how it all plays out, obviously this is all speculation and NCAA 11 is still 5 months away.

19. Hova

Ya that is the only thing stopping me from jumping on a lower team right away, the recruiting aspect. The handful of top schools already dominate everyone completely and the lower schools only chance is by competing against the CPU for recruits

20. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Oh I feel for the boy. Year 3 of my other OD, I took Iowa State to the BigXII Championship (2 years of 3* recruiting, with basicaly C+ School interest, and left overs from the original roster), I met Texas A&M (2 years of 5* recruiting, with basically B+ School interest, plus Texas home recruit cooking). I lost 23-10, and barely moved the ball.

Like JC in our game, my O-line couldn't even slow up his rush. He actually got a safety even though on first and ten I was on my 20, 3 seven yard sacks in a row did me in... and that was after a drive earlier the same thing happened, only on 3rd and 25 while dropped backing back in my own end zone I just got the ball off on a quick out.

It's ok to play against powerhouses once a season and when there's only 2-3 powerhouses in a dynasty you can still find talent to beef your team up fairly quickly, but when your talking about half the league being powerhouses... it's rough just to get the talent to go undefeated against the cpu.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Also, the main point of the league is that people pick teams that they are fans of/think they can stick with from end to end. The point is to keep team switching to a minimum.