Preliminary Questions / Comments Thread

Discussion in 'TCL: Tradition Cup Events' started by Basis4aDay56, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Please read through the 3 threads that have been stickied and post any questions or comments that you may have.

I will make the interest thread for everyone to confirm their participation once Season 2 Gameweek 2 opens in the Premier League & League 1.

2. DelZaster

DelZaster Walk On

Will the yellow/red cards be seperated for the champions league. ie cards for the league won't count in champions league and vice versa etc etc.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Good question Del. The Champions League cards will be kept separately from the league cards, as in real life.

4. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just to make sure, its all single elimination once we get to the knockout rounds? We're not doing the 2 leg aggregate for all rounds till the final like they do in real life?

5. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Good question, I imagine we'll do it the same way as they do it in real life but Basis will have to answer that.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

It is in the format thread at the top of this forum, but it is an important question so I think it bears repeating.

The knockout rounds will be SINGLE elimination, unlike the real Champions League. There are a few lines of thinking that factored into this, with the main one being that those gameweeks are crucial times of atrition during the TFL seasons. I'd rather have those participating in both the TFL and the TCL only have 3 games a week rather than 4 once the initial burst of interest fades slightly. I think this is best for the longevity of both the TFL divisions as well as the Champions League.

Everyone please be sure to read the stickied threads.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hedache

hedache Walk On

Here's a stupid suggestion that @Basis4aDay56 will hate, and yet it's actually a very bright idea. Please don't be mad at me for throwing this shit out here Basis, I sincerely appreciate the hard work you're putting into this. I just had to share my great annoying idea.

I think the final group games within a group should be scheduled to start at the same time between the 4 people involved in that group since results will effect the qualification. And you were right basis, now I see the bigger picture, if all 16 teams made it through, this would not have been an issue :D

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I think it's a good idea as well. I'm skeptical that everyone can get together like that, but if you can, that would be pretty awesome. I'll factor that in when I post the week 3 fixtures later in the week.

Don't sell yourself short @hedache / judge, you're a tremendous slouch! [caddyshack]

9. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

That may be difficult. What if we agreed that no match results would be posted (or hinted at or anything) until all group stage matches for that group are completed.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I'd like the other participants to think this out in here. Let's see how this idea festers. Good stuff.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I say everyone should pm their results to basis on the final week. That way we don't have to get online at once.

12. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

How would you like me to post them? Post the first legs Thursday night, let it sit Friday, and then post the second legs Friday evening (as well as make up match results)?

That could be cool.

13. hedache

hedache Walk On

Within this group I think we can trust each other to not slip any results to others and just PM them to Basis, which would definitely be easier than getting 4 people together at the same time. In the meantime I will also break this idea by how I'd hack into this. You have a chance to catch the other two playing on XBL and see the score through friends page :D booo, yes it's true, I'm a party pooper.

14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Do we have an updated standings breakdown?

15. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

I do. I already know that our group is see.

Timpegoose 3-2-1. 11 pts
    Niuhuskie 3-1-2. 10 pts
    Krebstar 1-0-3. 3 pts.
    Headache 0-3-1. 3 pts

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Updated standings coming today fellas! Thanks for posting that NIU, looks like you and Timpe are moving on - no one can catch you!

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Woot woot! My group is gonna be a mess...

18. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Just double checking, but from the schedule, we have next week off, correct? Because I'm gonna be on vacation for the latter part of next week so (if I advance and we have games) I would need to play my games fairly early in the week and possibly rework a little bit of my schedule.

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yup, next week off while we do the knockout round draws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.