Premier League Discussion

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Dru50, May 23, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I guess there aren't many premier members who aren't already in a premier league who are looking to move up? This thread is a great love fest for the current premier leagues but apparently there isn't much new blood with history on the site to choose from.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

There's a couple out there! Baron and papaloke dont have premiere homes yet and both are great guys.... if they were west coast i'd have long since poached them for AM

• Like Like x 2
  3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I am currently premier homeless.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I know there are some out there, but 90% of the guys responding to this thread are guys currently in a league who aren't going anywhere. I'm just saying that I was expecting there would be more non-premier league guys looking to join a premier league.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I understand Dru50 , just missing out on all of the talk other OD are engaged in ATM ...... oh well, guess I can always post pics & gifs to pass the time

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I think what you are waiting for will happen after May 27th. even if its 90% premier guys that do stay where they are, thats still 20-25 guys looking for a place to go.
    Its no secret a few premier dynasties will not return in there present state and a few non premier guys will be promoted to a premier commish slot.

Once management names the premier commishes, that's when you will see the free agents start to pop up, the new commishes will bring some non premier guys with them. some new blood will pop in.

Premier dynasties add funds and offset some cost. Just from a business 101 standpoint, you cant provide something free like non premier dynasties, have those provide a great experience, have lots of them, then expect guys to pay for a premier status. im a foundation member so i contributed before there was any benefit to do so. But the best perk in premier status was multiple dynasties and guaranteed slots. The multiple dynasties is no longer allowed so that removes some of the shine from the status.

I would expect non premier dynasties to shrink in numbers once there is a bigger member experience base. Once we get this reset of leadership, I think they will have who they want at the top and each release will pull non premier guys to commish premier dynasties. Which in turn will pull guys to become premier from those dynasties and provide slots for new members down in non premier. Which keeps the cycle of growth going which the bottom line is growth in premier = more revenue for the site.

I think managements doesn't want to have guys that want to be a member, especially premier, but they have no open slots and no place to go. This is a strategic long term move. If all goes well i think the dynasties you see when they settle on June the 10th, will be here five years from now, with most of the core group of guys still intact. At the same time the number of premier dynasties will also have doubled.

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think your projection is far different than mine.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm still here although I've been refered to as a cancer

9. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Mine is very conservative. It all still boils down to the game and game play.

This a great place to be at the moment but if the game cleans it self up to the point sim vs cheesse is not a big issue, then gamers might not be so inclined to seek out safe havens and become a premier members.

10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

You're delusional.

People do not come here just for gameplay preference, they come here for the experience and great tools provided around them.

• Like Like x 6
  11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I second papaloke, I played him in 4th Horseman this year and it was a fun chess match style game

• Like Like x 1
  12. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I just found out my premier league is on the outs :p and I'm without a home *tear*.

Between moving and working I missed these discussions heh.

13. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I am with Satan T3 is folding and I am homelss now.....

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

That's preposterous, I pay for my premiere membership to support the site (and for the chat box) -- not for the sake of being eligible for premiere dynasties (though it is a nice add on).

What it "boils down to" is gaming with people that I consider friends because I truly enjoy the experience of playing NCAA with em..

As David said, you're quite delusional

• Like Like x 5
  15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I'm available! Weeeee!

16. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

As a guy who just completed his first year on this site (as a premier member) and did not get into a premier league last year, I will say this. I was not ready to be in a premier league without a year of seeing how things worked. I was lucky enough to land in Hard Knocks and am now looking forward to taking part in a premier as Ithink I will be a productive member. This site is way more than just game play. I am not very good on the sticks compared to 90% of you guys, but I guarantee you that I have just as much fun as anyone (except maybe KnightNoles ). The main reason I became "premier" before even trying to join a league was to be taken serious (i.e., a member who wanted to be included in a premier league down the road). I am a bit older than a lot of guys here and maybe life experience led me to approach things differently, but my methodology seemed the most logical. It worked for me. I made some real good friends in Hard Knocks and I think it will pay off in a spot in a premier NCAA league.

Personally, I think anything worth having is worth paying for. In the grand scheme of things, a premier membership here is not cost prohibitive, and if you are a fit on this site, it is worth more than we are charged. If I could find Uncle Rico's time machine, I would go back a few yars in time and get into this site a few years ago and have that much coveted "Foundation" under my name for all the newbies to gaze at in wide-eyed astonishment. lol.

I guess I say all of that to say this...the guys who run this site have gotten us this far and have done a damn good job. I trust their vision (I know that is a big relief to the Admins as I am sure they have been on pins and needles to hear what 'ol Reb thinks).

• Like Like x 8
  17. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  19. KnightNoles

whatchatalkinabout and confused look is racist... :confused:

20. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Referring to all that hardware you won in HK 'Noles. I was having fun, but those trophies would have made it even more fun. Thought you were a mind reader dude....smh.

21. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Speaking of hardware.... Who remembers bruce80's 1000 trophies not because of his skill level, but because of the 2000 leagues he was in.

Classic Bruce

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnightNoles

pshhh.. I like the hardware don't get me wrong but creating those sleeper draft boards and contributing to the HK Blog, I really love and enjoy doing!

23. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

BRUCE80

24. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Those are fighting words son....:)

[​IMG]

25. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

[​IMG]

I never claimed to be some great player...or really even cared..but I have won my fair share of titles.....so if I have zero talent...I must be super lucky.

• Like Like x 1