Premier status

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Premier status

Guys, not sure how many of you have subscribed to TF for 2011, but I thought it would be cool if we could take this dynasty to premier status for next year. We seem to have a really good group of guys here and I think it would be great to keep the train rolling.

Who's with me?

[​IMG]

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I would think that most of the people here are premier members already. I haven't been keeping track, that's just a guess.

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I got the lifetime membership, just haven't gotten my dollar sign thing yet....but I would qualify.

4. Dru50

According to the Tradition Memberships forums, it looks like the following C2C members signed up for 'lifetime' memberships:

- me
    - castor
    - juggs
    - papa

There might be others who have signed up as well, but I couldn't find the full list. My understanding is that to get premier status, each dynasty member would at least need to sign up for a $12 annual membership for NCAA 2011.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    But to have multiple seats in two different premier leagues you would need the lifetime membership. So keep that in mind.

The better option might be to try and pool most of you guys into the same premier league. With all the leagues that want to go premier having the same members, it could get hairy if some members only pay the yearly and have to choose between the different leagues. If we do pool players, I would expect that most of you would end up together anyway.

Just a thought.

6. Dru50

Very good point, Drifter.

I was just thinking that there are several of us in this dynasty who aren't in one of the premier ones yet, so rather than splitting up down the road it might be better to try and keep all of us together if possible.

I guess the best thing to start with is see what all the C2C members plan to do membership wise and go from there.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Well I think you have to consider which other leagues are going premier as well. And afterall, we will have the final say on which leagues we think are appropriate or not. If there are two leagues with a majority of the same people, there really isn't much sense in raising both of them.

The idea behind the premier leagues in the first place was to raise interest in a single dynasty. Now that members have the ability to have multiple seats, I'm really going to have to monitor activity to make sure people are meeting what I would deem as a minimum requirement. Take a look at The Deuce for example. Most of those guys aren't in any other leagues and you can see how special that is. Everyone is overly into it.

8. Dru50

I hear ya. Out of the 3 dynasties I'm in, this is the one that I'm most into and if all 3 were going premier (for discussions sake) and I had to choose only one, it would definitely be this one. The group here is really solid and I think this dynasty would be a good option for premier status, but of course I defer to the website leaderships judgement in that area.

But I'd be fine if this dynasty stayed non premier for next year and would welcome the opportunity to continue competing with the group in 2011.

9. BDSDIGITAL

I'm sure that is something that can be worked out when the time comes. it would be pretty difficult to figure out who's playing where this summer, in January when there is still 7 months before the next release and we have no idea who else will become members. The way I read the whole thing when it was announced was that this league wouldn't be affected until the next release anyway.

10. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I have been meaning to get the Lifetime membership but money is real tight right now thanks to car trouble and holidays. I may be able to shell out money after my next check if other problems do not occur.

11. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

My activity as far as summaries and stuff has been very slim lately as I've been juggling projects left and right but I'm finally managing to get everything in a grove. I intend to be in two or possibly just one NCAA league because of other leagues I'm interested in like Madden and MLB The Show since I have a PS3 aswell.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I'll share my opinion when I get home

13. KnightNoles

My thoughts and I am not pointing anyone out or calling anyone out either:

Im going to be realistic and blunt usually I'm not like that but here I go...

I believe C2C is right up there along the Deuce and T1 on activity and members that we have but in order for us to be truly premier we have to post consistently on game summaries, scouting reports, schedules, recruits, etc... I think we have to do something unique and all of us on the same page. I really like the group of guys in the dynasty and almost say I love em, lol. I think the board participation holds us back from being premier even though I think we are a top dynasty here at TF.

comments, thoughts, problems, etc...?

14. Dru50

I would agree with you. I think that the majority of the group does a great job with posting game summaries in the shorter summary thread, and this season we've started some other areas where we are delving a bit deeper into analysis (MVP, draft watch, etc). I've been reading some of the stuff on T1 and the Deuce the past month and the places where I think they outshine us a bit is in preseason and week by week analysis, and especially in the area of tracking their historical progress and the results of user games. The user game write-ups in those two dynasties are really well done.

But to be fair to our group here, I believe most of the T1 and Deuce crowd have been together since NCAA 2009 at least, so they've had a bit more practice.

As I said when I started this, and to reiterate what Noles said, I think that we could hang with any of the other dynasties around here content wise for the most part.

I agree with Noles on one other point, while most of us are doing a good job posting regularly, there are a couple who could be doing it a bit more consistently.

15. BDSDIGITAL

I want to throw my 2 cents in as well.

a. The board participation is still good compared to some leagues (past and present) but used to be alot busier. I don't blame anyone at all, but it seems like after we had that long break over thanksgiving that it kind of took the wind out of everyone's sails. That coupled with a few other delayed advances since (again, no one's fault at all!) seems like it just kinda slowed things down all the way around...I could be wrong, but it seems like it. I hope no one takes this the wrong way. There were more important things going on over the holidays.

b. I think there are some people into this dynasty more than others, which is perfectly understandable. Some of us are playing with our favorite teams, some are not and that might be why, I dunno.

c. I think the cpu games have gotten too easy. Sometimes the ai will pop up and make us fight for one, but by and large the games are pretty easy. I don't know if it's just that we are a bunch of stick jockeys, or we are killing the cpu in recruiting and just have superior teams (we do have superior teams, sometimes by a wide margin) or what it is, but a 49-21 score is getting pretty predictable for me.

d. Back to user participation. Brave, and Dru and Knoles have stepped up and created content for the group, which I have done in other leagues. It can be hard at times to find time to get this stuff in which is why they deserve credit for taking the time. No one else here (me included) really contributes anything to the overall community and maybe we should.

I really hope no one takes anything here the wrong way. I like this group too. My only complaint with the group as a whole is how nice and curteous we all are...we could use a little more shit talk :) but other than that this is an awesome collection of dudes. Those are just some of my observations, take it for what it's worth.

16. Dru50

OSU sucks. :D

17. BDSDIGITAL

I meant we should be shit talking other teams, like Michigan and their midget QB.

18. Dru50

Ah, I got ya. I would talk some smack about Bama but I don't know much about their team. Papa keep's switching up his roster like he's playing 5 card draw.

19. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I have no problem talking shit, in fact I am used to being the bad guy so maybe I need to step that up. As soon as I get competitive with the big boys in this dynasty I will feel more like talking.
    I could stand to get better at the peripheral things like talking about freshman, etc., but I think I do a fair job with game summaries and recruiting. I would certainly be down with making a push to premier status and will do whatever I need to do to make it happen. I am 100% into this OD but truth be told I would probably be 110% if I had a team I was more passionate about in real life like ND or maybe Penn State or LSU.

20. Dru50

Juggs, talk with Twister, I don't think he's a ND fan specifically, maybe he'd be willing to swap teams with you. He and I know each other from outside TF so he'd probably be ok with letting me beat up on him annually in the Big 12. Or maybe he might even be willing to switch to someone like Nebraska so we could have a user/user Big 12 title game.

Just rambling thoughts.....

21. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Im currently in the Deuce and I would have to say C2C is the best OD that is not premier IMO, one of the reasons I joined. A dynasty is only as strong as its Commish and Knoles has done a great job to this point. I'm still getting my feet wet in this league so I guess I have taken a back seat as far as content goes but look forward to adding some good stuff in the future.

22. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That midget QB whooped your ass last season. He's hurt this year so Denard Robinson will be the one laying the beatdown. That is all....

23. KnightNoles

Bogey I appreciate it, I'm just trying to do my best at this. I started looking for a site like this a few years ago and finally looked hard enough this past year.

Going back to what Dru said I believe is that the other premier leagues have been around since 2009 and know what there doing, well I think all of us have learned a lot and '11 will be better.

I know I have learned a lot from t1 and the deuce and hope to incorporate a lot of stuff next year in C2C. I feel Juggs problem about favorite teams and not that into it because of that, maybe we can find a way to fix that next year if EA allows more than 12 users in a OD.

Bogey: if Drifter doesn't see this direct him over to see all these new comments

24. Dru50

I'm not sure you will see EA put more than 12 in a OD, but for next year, I'm cool with any number of teams, as I don't really have a favorite team (I went to school at Santa Barbara where they play ultimate frisbee). I've always kind of followed USC and Texas, but I will magnanimously volunteer next season to pick a team that isn't one of the group's favorites so everyone can be happy.:D

25. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Don't take me out of context, I am in it 100%, just would be even more in it if I was with one of my favorite teams.
    A word of caution that if EA goes to more users in an OD, like Madden has 32, you can have too many users in my opinion. I don't care for Madden that much because 32 users just seems too much. Every game is a user game which creates a lot of scheduling pressure and for guys like myself that have a family and work full time it makes it very difficult to try to schedule all those games around others peoples schedules, etc.