Premier?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I wanted to gauge your guys thoughts on what we should require of our owners for the new league as far as premier status goes. I'll start, obviously.

I don't really feel right bringing people on who were not premier and then saying, "if you want to play in the new TMFL you must be premier." Know what I mean? On the other hand, the TMFL was originally designed as a premier league - or became one somehow, so its obvious thats what we need to be working towards again. What do you guys think?

The only solution I can think of is obviously encourage owners to become premier at their own will AND force owners to become premier after X amount of time.

If the new season kicks off on 11/15 and averages 2 advances per real time week with 21 weeks (17 plus 4 for playoffs) to complete plus a week for offseason is 22 weeks or 11 real-time weeks for 1 season. If we did 3 advances a week that obviously cuts it down considerably as well.

Anyway, lets say it takes 11 real time weeks per season that means:

Season 3 kickoff = Monday, January 31st
    Season 4 kickoff = Monday, April 25th
    Season 5 kickoff = Monday, July 18th

We wouldn't make it through season 5 until after Madden 12 dropped. Is everyone okay with that general timeline or should we shoot to advance 3 times a week - allowing more seasons?

Back to the original question, when do we "force" owners to be premier? My vote would be Season 3 Kickoff. That way we get everyone playing in season 2, hopefully its a great success and everyone haves fun then if they want to come back for season 3 they're gonna have to contribute the minimum 12$ or whatever so that they become premier members. Sound like a plan?

2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

In order to make this thing work, I think you open up Season 2 for all players. You don't want to push any good contenders out that are worthy of a league and simply cannot make the payment (as low as it is).

Next, you can have a disclaimer that Season 3 will be premier invite only. This will allow guys the time to come up with the funds while you are gaging who is an avid contender that you would like to invite back. If this doesn't work, perhaps its a wash for Madden 11 and premier status comes back in Madden 12. Personally, with the 1) defense as poor as it is this year, and 2) limited franchise tools, its very easy to see why people have lost interest. I would keep Madden 11 as non-premier and then reintroduce next year when the franchise tools are fixed. I have to think Madden 12 with its revamped franchise engine will draw a much larger crowd.

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

This is perfect guys. it would be a crime to make the SMFL guys who were already told they are merging that on top of merging they owe TF $12 as well. So lets get them invested in the league and then give them a heads up that they have until February to save $12 bucks. Love it.

I really think 3 advances a week will be pushing it, lets stay at 2 for now. New owners is up to you guys if they are not in TMFL or SMFL now, maybe they should have to pay to play.
    I really want us to follow the TF guidelines, http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/tradition-football-membership.12570/#post-123433 which are pretty clear about people signing up and then jumping into premier leagues without having played in any lower tier leagues to get established. TF Hosts us here for free (aside from our personal memberships) its only right that we in turn support them by making sure our guys pay to play in a"premier" league. Since we have been a sucky premier league, I agree with waiving the requirement for this coming season. But after that everyone needs to be paying.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't think you even tell them that they have until February. Honestly, this concept is a wash in the Madden leagues. Just bring in the best owners you can and dedicate yourselves to keeping them here until June. Those who want to make a payment to reserve their spot for next year are welcome to do so.

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Maybe requiring premier status is a bit lofty BUT I do still believe in supporting tradition so thinking of creative ways to encourage people to become premier without forcing them may be the way to go.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Agreed.

Just want to make sure we protect the product. It's not really fair to force people to pay for a league that is in shambles with only the promise of what it could become.

I think if the league picks up like we think it will, people will start subscribing automatically.