Preseason 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Korenth, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Preseason 2011

Welcome to year 2!

We're in the preseason...deadline will be Sunday, 10pm. It may be later than that before we advance depending on how hard it is to get everyone set up with games, but I will be aiming for that time, as well.

This year, there will be no FCS teams played and everyone will have at least two user games for everyone. Most of us cover that with our conference games (Bowling Green gets off lucky this year and has only 1 in conference user matchup)

Remember to request any games you want...and take note of the sliders that are in the slider thread. Anticipate that the tactics from last year won't work this year...if what I've seen holds true, the outside rnning game will be much tougher to run, unlike last year where it seems almost all the teams were breaking 80 yard runs every week.

Good luck! dont forget to update your recruiting limit info in the recruiting thread. I'd also like to see more people posting game recaps...I'm guilty of stopping midway through last season as well :rolleyes:, so I can't complain too much..just encourage more.

2. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Schedules are (basically) done. Almost every team has 3 user games this year, a few of your have 4 (I think that all of you who have 4 either requested certain oponents or said I want a lot of user games. New Mexico State I think is the one exception to that..but 3 of yours are in conference and your 4th one is against FIU, which is good since you and FIU racked up last year) Also, everyone should have at least 1 out of conference user games.

Most everyone ended upwith a C- to a B- in terms of schedule strength and most everyone has a game against either a team in the preseason top 25, or a team that you wouldn't be supproised to find in the top 25 if they start well (teams like Auburn or LSU)

I also tried to make sure everyone had 6 home and 6 away games, as well as at least one home and one away user game. I havnt gone through and checked to see how the home and away games are spread...would hate for a team to have all their home games before week 8...makes recruitng a nightmare. been there, done that, had the horrible class to prove it. first glance, though, it seemed like those were ok.

Recruits as a whole seem to have better stats on the boards...hopefully a sign that the tunners and patches are workng as intended.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

thanks for taking the time to check all that stuff. :)

4. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Yeah man, a million cool points go to you for the hard work.

Thanks!

5. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Sorry for not advancing to week 1 yet...I'm having some issues with my ISP...namely that they aren't doing the SP part of ISP. Supposedly its an area wide problem that is supposed to be fixed "Soon" so I will try and advance sometime this (monday) afternoon after I'm home from work.

6. EnvyZero

EnvyZero Walk On

Thanks man. Looks good. I'll try to give FIU(whygod) a loss this year.