Preseason 2020

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by macc24usc, Apr 12, 2013.

1. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

It's here guys. I took a few of you who are active off of autopilot, if you need to be on let me know. Schedules were not bad at all. Moving conference scheduling back to week 3 really helped but honestly most of the user games were in put later in the year.

cyhiphopp you specifically asked for late user games, you only have Michigan week 5.

I gave everyone an A+ schedule - NW, Michigan and North Carolina got B+ but that was even after adding an @ #19 UGA to the schedule.... then Antonio T. 's got at UofM then FSU.... so that's crazy to me. After you get thru that gauntlet Tony it's smooth sailing until Rekka week 11.

The Noles have 5 user games with ability to play up to 7 this yr! If we wanna win it all we WILL play 7. That may be a stretch but this could be the year. Had so many freshman starters on my team last yr which was easily best team I've had thus far in this OD and after a year of progression I'm lovin where my lineup is. LSU, GT, UNC within the first 5 weeks when UM week 9 and UF on 14. This will be a telling season for FSU. Breaking in a new QB I was worried about until I saw a +6 progression, lefty gunslinger Shaun Esserie (84 OVR, 60 AWR, 89 PWR 90 ACC, 80 SPD 75 ACCEL). Expect a balanced high powered passing where he has 5 effective pass catchers to help ease him into the starting role.

Dead_man_rcn_10 may be coming into the toughest schedule...he demanded the #1 Bucks, so he got them. After #9 Boise and #14 CJTHA1 Florida. A trip to the Swamp should welcome the Canes right into the new rivalry which I allready know is going to be one that turns into a war.

I really like how things are matching up at this point. Let's get the 36hr adv rule in effect and get this season goin!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

The way it worked out this season actusally, I had 5 user games with LSU and Wisconsin having 2. It didn't make sense for me to have a home and home this season when I'm locked into all 3 of my conf opponents plus UF, while those two teams had just 2. I matched them up so now everyone has 3 user games with the potential for a conf champ and user bowl game max of 5.

3. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

2020 PRESEASON OUTLOOK

With the new season upon us and fall camp kicking into full gear let's take a look at some of the most proven, returning players in this league.

Firstly it starts with quarterbacks and who better than Chris Archer of North Carolina Antonio T. this guys racked up over 8500 yards in two seasons and is 5 shy of 100 touchdown passes. Archer has improved his arm strength and timing and the skys the limit for him as he gets to throw the ball to 1600 yard recdeiver Andre Drummond, Michael Coley (1866 yards) and Scott Russel (1587 yards). The quad have accounted for 77 touchdowns, mostly thrown by Archer. And while one would assume UNC is going to again have the most potent passing attack in the country, they return 2 year starter redshirt senior tailback Phil Fuller. Fuller leads the league with 2517 yards and 26TDs. It was a great year for running backs in the NFL draft so the following rusher is Chris Fields of FSU with 1458 and 18 TDs.

Receiving the ball goes back to Tallahassee as the Chompions League top two returning receivers in catches and yardage Chip Mitchell and Marcus Johnson. These two have been a problem all along but with four-and-three years in the program, respectively - the sky is the limit. Look for some younger wideouts to get some targets trying to maintain the health of the two, it was no question a crushing blow to have lost Marcus Johnson mid-season last year. It's a miracle the team managed a 10-game winning streak despite him missing more than half of it. These two are really the lightning and thunder, combining for 83 touchdowns look for it to be at about 115 by years end. Georgia Tech welcomes back Patrick Cox a 3557 yard receiver with 41 of his own scores. Alabama has Brandon Mays back for his senior year and the tight end target is a lethal redzone option who should see his role pick back up his senior year.

Patrick Dunbar of FSU and Tom Alfred of ND return this season Dunbar with 129 tackles and 45.5 sacks in just 2 seasons while Alfred has 121 tackles and 8 INTs in 3 years. Prince Gibson of the Irish will surpass 100 tackles this year as he's just 4 shy and is the Irish pass rusher with 18 career sacks. North Carolinas David Ryan has 17.5 career sacks and has the makings of a break-out season. Oklahoma's shutdown cornerback Damon Thurman returns for his senior year with 10 career interceptions, most in the league tied with Notre Dames David Carter, Trae Banks of FSU is next with 9, tied with Gemara Triplett of the Crimson Tide.

Eddie Murphy of Wisconsin has all of the Heisman Hype around him right now, he's a dual threat QB who is an efficient passer. He's as well put together a quarterback as they come, one capable of putting an entire team on his back to lead them to victory. Florida's Jermaine Martin has to be in the same contention for top QBs with a cannong for an arm he's put on display all spring in the new Gator RunNGun style fans of old can be happy to see return. When this kid has time to fling it look out. Any one of Chris Fields, Marcus Johnson or Chip Mitchell could be in the discussion early, but it may be the freshman QB whose stats look most impressive because I see them spreading the ball out this year more.

EARLY HEISMAN PICK - EDDIE MURPHY OF WISCONSIN