Preseason Digital Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Nov 24, 2010.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I figured since I took last season off I'd hit yall with a preseason set of power rankings. I looked at everyone's roster...not in depth (I didn't look at every single players agi rating) but I gave your roster a good once over and set a power ranking based on your two deep this year.

1. [​IMG]

Texas in my humble opinion has the best looking 2 deep on paper in the country. The return of Connor Wood is key and the emergence of Chris Whaley + a beastly looking offensive line = a lot of points. It's tough to go back to back in this league, but if a team has been set up to do it lately it's this one. The only real question mark I could find is in the secondary, specifically the corner back position. But if you can score enough points maybe it won't matter. They do play some teams that are good at receiver though (OU, Bama) so those will definitely be their biggest hurdles.

Digital Prediction: 12-1 Big 12 champs

2. [​IMG]

Alabama also looks to be loaded for bear, especially at the skill positions. AJ McCarron and Michael Bowman might be the best QB-WR combo in the country, and this team is heavy on senior play makers. The only real chink in the armor I could find was at the Guard position and they don't seem to be very deep with playmakers. They are an injury or two away from really being in a bad way in the tough SEC. The games v. Texas and LSU are going to be a real bitch. The Bama/Texas game week 2 could be a National Championship preview if the chips fall right.

Digital Prediction: 11-2

3. [​IMG]

Florida is another team that top to bottom looks very good, and could be very explosive but this is the part of the power rankings where things get really tight. Teams 3-7 are really interchangeable. While Florida isn't top heavy with playmakers like Alabama and Texas are, I think they are one of the deeper teams with GOOD players across their two deeps especially at Receiver. They can 4 deep including Stephen Alli and create mismatches against almost any secondary. They do have some issues in the secondary apparently, which could cost them in the SEC. Back to back games in Columbus and home for Texas weeks 2 and 3 will tell everyone all they need to know about the Gators.

Digital Prediction: 10-3 SEC Champs

4. [​IMG]

This is my dark horse to win it all. Notre Dame is loaded on offense, especially at RB and Reciever. Mike Ryan or Cierre Wood could be a Heisman front runner depending on who gets the touches. The QB position is a bit of a mystery with two low 80's rated JR's fighting for the starting spot, but an excellent receiving corp lead by Shaq Evans and a good offensive line will help them adjust. The schedule in conference is soft, but a trip to Columbus will be huge, also visits from USC and Florida will be critical.

Digital Prediction: 10-2 Big East Champs

5. [​IMG]

It's this year or not at all for the Buckeyes. There are some question marks but the front line talent will be very good. The term speed kills definitely applies to the Buckeyes who sport about half a dozen 98 or 99 speed players, and maybe the best player in the country in HB Jamaal Berry. If he stays healthy he'll have a monster year. This team is also very deep in the secondary. They can cover your 4 receiver sets. The real weakness on this team will be HB depth. Any injuries at all to RB's or D line will really put the Buckeyes behind the 8 ball. Florida and ND come to Columbus, and they have to travel to Happy Valley, probably for the Big 10 title.

Digital Prediction: 10-2 Big 10 Champs

6. [​IMG]

With all the bitching Dru was doing, I was expecting to see a JV team in Baton Rouge. This might be the best team in the country at skill positions. Zac Lee and Zac Stacy are dynamic. They are Notre Dame deep at RB with 3 guys that could start for 95% of the country. They are good on defense but are also lacking in the secondary (corners) and they are very top heavy. Dru better get his recruiting hat on. This team could also win it all this year, but it will be tough with games against Bama, and maybe two shots at Florida.

10-2 SEC Runner Up

7. [​IMG]

Oklahoma has been cpu controlled this entire time, have been getting blasted by Texas continually, and yet they have one of the better rosters in the country. Kenny Stills, Alex Robinson and Darren Bell will make up a lethal offensive trio. This team also has strong defensive playmakers like Tom Wort and they are deep where it counts. They too like so many teams I looked at however lack in the secondary. That will be a problem against Texas, but they could survive their other games and have a great season.

Digital Prediction: 11-1 Big 12 South runner up

8. [​IMG]

QB Taylor Martinez might end up having a Tim Tebow type year this year. He's explosive and Beazus will use that to his advantage. HB Dontrayevou Robinson will also be one of the best players in the country, which is good because their WR's are about as blah as you can get. Can Beazus run an option? This team also isn't very deep on the interior, and they are a a few injuries away from really struggling. The schedule makers didn't do them any favors with Penn State, Oklahoma, LSU and Alabama on the schedule....

Digital Prediction: 9-4 Big 12 Runner up

9. [​IMG]

This team is going to run, run, run, and maybe run some more. Dillon Baxter should be right in the Heisman race. They are also very deep at RB and WR Robert Woods could have a great year if BJ Charles is able to replace 4 year starter Matt Barkley. There is a deep drop off in talent after Robert Woods though, so an injury to him could really make the Trojans 1 dimensional. They also aren't extremely deep, but seem very solid and the Pac 10 very well could be theirs for the taking. They have LSU, Notre Dame, and Oregon all coming to the Coliseum. With Oregon apparently down a little I think this might be their time.

Digital Prediction: 9-3 Pac 10 Champs

10. [​IMG]

Oregon was the toughest team form e to gauge. On the surface they look pretty good, but then you really take a look and they look like they are having an indentity crisis. QB Kyle Moore should be good, but he's a pocket passer. They 2nd best QB is also a pocket passer. Will they go to their third string QB Bryan Bennett? Lache Seastrunk will be very good, but after that I think they are a little devoid of playmakers, and are not very deep at some defensive positions including Linebacker. Cole is very good and he'll win some games he probably shouldn't but trips to Norman, and the Coliseum not to mention Alabama coming to Eugene could be trouble.

Digital Prediction 9-3 Pac 10 runner up.

11. [​IMG]

Penn State also hasn't been user controlled at all, so Nautica is at the mercy of Joe Paterno, and the cpu recruiting. They are definitely a good football team. Robert Bolden is a player. RB Curtis Dukes has given me fits over the last few years, but they are not very deep at Receiver and although they are deep with good talent, they seem to lack that top shelf elite talent. The schedule might set up nice for them with Ohio State coming to Happy Valley for what might be the Big 10 title game and catching Nebraska and Oregon in what might be a down year. But this is a tough, tough group to win against consistently and I think as Cole will win a few games he shouldn't, I think Nautica will lose a few games he should win.

Digital Prediction: 9-3 Big 10 runner up.

12. [​IMG]

It won't be all doom and gloom for Michigan this year. They will definitely be better than they were last year. They have a stud at RB in Toussaint and have good skill position players and decent depth at most positions. The right side of the oline could be a problem, especially in the physical Big 10. I think they'll have a better year than most would think and will pull at least 1 big upset.

Digital Prediction: 8-4 3rd in Big 10, and respectable bowl game bound.

Discuss if you wish! See yall on the gridiron!

2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice job BDS. I'm really not sure what to expect with my squad. I will have to figure it out in week 1 because we have a brutal schedule weeks 2 and 3. If I can get through week 6 with just a single loss then a championship spot may be in the cards.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nicely done Brian. I agree that LSU has the talent to make a run this year, I was bitching about next year, when I lose 25 seniors (most of whom are starters this year).

Now I gotta go find a playbook, although I probably have until after Thanksgiving since Perry still hasn't advanced to week 1.....;)

4. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I will go out on a limp and say that PSU will Upset Ohio St as the Big 10 Champ this year!!

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Good write up. As for QB, year one when we went on the road and won all our user game by double digits Nate Costa was our guy. Then in year two when Thomas was injured Bennett came in as a freshman and lead us to a one loss season, so we are very happy with that position. I predict a 9-3 season and a Pac 10 title for the Ducks.

6. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Nice write up. Thanks for the dark horse prediction. I feel good about my offensive skill positions but not so much about some areas on D.
    I haven't looked at all rosters but from past experience I would have a hard time not putting my money on Dru.

7. BDSDIGITAL

Ok it's week 4 and time for an update:

1. [​IMG] (Media Rank 1) Not a doubt about #1. Texas has won close games vs. Alabama and Florida to start 3-0 after almost choking in the opener to North Carolina. The Red River Shootout in a few weeks is looking like an early season NC elimination game.

2. [​IMG] (Media Rank 2) OU has looked impressive as they've also opened up 3-0. They crushed FSU and then won vs. Oregon. They seem to be loaded on offense and may be able to knock off the defending champs at the Texas State Fair.

3. [​IMG] (Media Rank 11) They've started out 2-0 and have a win over USC. You could argue that their win over USC in LA is a better win than OU beating Oregon, but I have a feeling Oklahoma is the better team. LSU still has a long way to go to get through the SEC.

4. [​IMG] (Media Rank 7) The Huskers have one really solid beating of Penn State on their resume. All Big 12 teams ranked in the top 4 of our power poll and top 10 of the Media means one thing: It's gonna go down in the Big 12 this year. Good thing really for the rest of us, maybe they can all knock each other out.

5. [​IMG] (Media Rank 5) It's a mixed bag for Florida. They won a tough game in Columubus, then turned a round and lost a close game to Texas. a 2-1 start isn't bad, especially when you have seemingly major QB issues. Having to start Trey Burton constitutes a major problem in my book. But it is what it is and they are ranked 5th and basically control their own destiny still. Their defense is really good.

6. [​IMG] (Media Rank 9) They started out with a big win over USC to take home the golden shillelagh or whatever, but then LSU came in and got them. The Pac 10 championship says Trojans all over it. It's gotta be theirs to lose. Dillon Baxter is a machine.

7. [​IMG] (Media Rank 12) Lost a shootout to USC to start the season off but then beat an improved Michigan team. They are virtually guaranteed a BCS birth due to their conference so the national rankings are the only thing they need to worry about and right now they are 12th. They do play Ohio State in a few weeks.

8. [​IMG] (Media Rank 10) Not a bad start for Penn State really. They beat Oregon, but got bombed by Nebraska. That tends to happen to guys that haven't played Beazus a bunch. All in all though that's a pretty good 2-1. Games vs. Ohio State and Michigan are the biggest hurdles they have left and both teams are beatable.

9. [​IMG] (Media Rank 3) They lost a tough game to Texas and have beaten up on lesser competition for their other 2 wins. He's lucky he's not dead last after bogarting the schedules. The SEC is going to be really tough and Alabama is coming back down to earth now that EA's help is almost gone for them.

10. [​IMG] (Media Rank UR) A 2-1 start for Michigan is a good 2-1 start. They are on pace to beat my 8 win projection and they still have the Big 10 to win potentially. The loss was to a good ND team so no shame there.

11. [​IMG] (Media Rank 4) Out played Florida for most of the game but still came up short. Kenny Guiton isn't the answer at QB and they need to find one stat. Look for Juco transfer Taylor Graham to get a chance at the next sign of trouble. Still ranked 4th with 3 1 loss user teams on the schedule means their national fate is still in their hands.

12. [​IMG] (Media Rank 19) Still haven't won a game. USC is looking tough as well. This might not be Oregon's year. He has played 2 of his user games already though so he'll have a chance to get healthy against bad PAC 10 teams for a while.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

The week 7 game against LSU and the game against Notre Dame will be big tests for my Gators. Hopefully CPU games week 4, 5 and 6 help me figure out the mess at QB.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Too early to tell with OU - we got away with a lot against Oregon. Nice writeup

10. BDSDIGITAL

Week 8 Update:

1. 6-0 [​IMG]

Since our last update they beat a game Oklahoma team and having nothing left on their schedule worth worrying about until the Big 12 title game. Texas is starting to look like a good bet to make it back to the NC game.

2. 5-0 [​IMG]

Since our last update they squeezed past Florida and have crushed the cpu. They have Alabama in a few weeks, Nebraska later on, and if they beat Alabama a rematch with Florida in the SEC title game. They have alot of speed bumps coming up.

3. 5-0 [​IMG]

Yes they are 5-0 but it's a very weak 5-0. The last half of the season they have: Oklahoma at home, and trips to Tuscaloosa and Baton Rouge, not to mention an inevitable date with Texas in Dallas....good luck with that shit.

4. 5-1 [​IMG]

They did lose a tough game to Texas but have played very well this season. They do have that trip to Lincoln coming up and have Michigan to end the regular season. They still have a great chance at a BCS at large bid, which would be a good season none the less.

5. 5-1 [​IMG]

Their only loss this season is by 1 to Florida. They went to South Bend and beat the Irish and and don't have another tricky game until they travel to Ann Arbor in 6 weeks, but until then they will be eating Big 10 cupcakes and waiting for Nebraska, LSU, and Texas to take each other out.

6. 5-1 [​IMG]

Michigan is having a great year. It's starting to look like the OSU game will be a Big 10 title game, and if the chips fall right it could be for even more.

7. 3-2 [​IMG]

I do have rooting interest, I'm not ashamed of it. Good job Cole! Taking Perry out helped me out a shit ton. They redeemed themselves after a tough start to the year and will inevitably win the PAC 10 after beating USC.

8. 5-2 [​IMG]

I know they wanted that game vs. LSU. He might get another shot at them. How badly do they want to pound Notre Dame next week???? If they had a better QB they might be unbeaten right now.

9. 4-2 [​IMG]

What's that sound? That's the Tide crashing back down to earth. Now they are in a position where they have to beat Dru's LSU team to salvage their season. 5 turnovers vs. Oregon did them in.

10. 4-2 [​IMG]

I thought for sure this would be USC's year in the pac 10. Show's what i know. Dillon Baxter is still a beast.

11. 4-2 [​IMG]

Tough loss at home to OSU really seemed to break ND's back. They have a hungry, motivated, and tough Gator team coming up real quick. He better get ready.

12. Smalls.

Still no internet.....???? Fuck.

Here after week 10 I'll do a BCS rankings breakdown.

11. Dru50

You can drop LSU way down after this week. We lost starting QB Zac Lee for 6 weeks and starting HB Mike Ford for the season on back to back plays in the win vs South Carolina this week. FML.

12. BDSDIGITAL

prove it by losing :)

13. Dru50

Ha-touché Brian.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice work Brian. You are correct, I really wanted that game against LSU. Andre Debose is in the coach's doghouse after dropping a wide open TD pass in that game and then losing a fumble in the game against Arkansas. He went from #2 WR to backup water boy. #1 WR Antonio Jones was hurt in the game against LSU and likely won't be back this season. He has an outside shot at making it to the team's bowl game, but not holding my breath. I really wish this game had medical redshirts.

15. BDSDIGITAL

As promised, I'm gonna hit yall with a BCS review.

[​IMG]

Sorry it's so small, I had to zoom out to get everyone in the picture.

1. LSU
    Notable games remaining: wk 10 @ Bama, wk 14 Nebraska, SEC title game. Chances of making title game: 35% too many injuries, Bama and Nebraska are tough.

2. Texas
    Notable games remaining: Big 12 title game v. Nebraska. Chances of making title game: 80%. One user game left with a superior team. They should start shopping for plane tickets to the title game.

3. Nebraska
    Notable games remaining: wk 12 @ Bama, wk 14 @ LSU, Big 12 title game v. Texas. Chances of making title game: 5% He has a punchers chance, but that stretch right there is brutal.

4. Texas A & M
    Notable games remaining: Texas and OU. Chances of making title game: 0%. No way Texas and OU lose to them....

5. Vanderbilt
    Notable games remaining: Florida. Chances of making title game: 0% Florida will win by half a hundred.

6. Ohio State
    Notable games remaining: wk 13 Michigan. Chances of making title game: 25%. The odds of LSU losing a game is pretty good, and one of Texas or Nebraska has to lose. Everyone else has 2 losses. Michigan will be in the way though.

7. West Virginia
    Notable games remaining: Notre Dame. Chances of making title game: 10%. They would have to beat ND and the rest of the schedule is manageable. eh...i guess you never know.

Everyone else has two losses and is essentially out of the race. Except Michigan, he's just getting the shaft.

So in closing, my prediction goes this way:

LSU loses to Bama, beats Nebraska and then loses to Florida. Finish 10-2. Texas beats Nebraska makes the title game. Nebraska is way out of contention by the end of the season. A & M and Vandy also get destroyed and fall way down the rankings. OSU loses to Michigan, leap frogs the 2 loss teams and the cpu teams and your national title game is:

Texas v. Michigan!

Texas wins by 50 and goes on to win the first back to back C2C title in quite some time

Discuss if you wish :)

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

LSU won't play Florida again unless they beat Alabama. Dru already beat my squad in the regular season but he needs to beat Perry to play in the conference title. I will be beating Vandy by 100 so we don't need to worry about them after next week. The winner of the Florida/Vandy game likely takes on the winner of the Alabama/LSU game in the conference title game.

17. BDSDIGITAL

yeah that's what I meant ;)

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Michigan will lose to Oklahoma to close the season.

I've gotta put my money on Texas, having played both Max and Leon this season. Both are good coaches, but I got the feeling that Texas has a slight edge talent-wise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I agree completely except for the 50 point ass raping part.

20. BDSDIGITAL

Season 4 final Power Rankings:

1. [​IMG]

The Big 12 runner up was the best team in the country all season until an unfortunate loss to Nebraska. That includes a win over Alabama. Makes them #1 in my poll.

2. [​IMG]

The Big 10 champs lost 1 game by 1 point. They beat everyone else they played. One of two teams that ended with 1 loss.

3. [​IMG]

Bama finished 11-2 and lost to Texas and a 4 loss Oregon team. They snuck into the backdoor of the national championship game. Good season all the same. Certainly not the best team in the country though.

4. [​IMG]

Only 2 losses are both to Alabama. They beat good Oklahoma and Texas teams. All in all a great season for the Big 12 champs.

5. [​IMG]

Lost to LSU and Oregon. But finished strong at 11-2. One of the best seasons Twist has had in C2C.

6. [​IMG]

Yes they beat USC, but got destroyed by Alabama and chickened out of the Nebraska game, and may have ultimately cost someone else a shot at a title. So Twist get's the nod for playing all of his games.

7. [​IMG]

Florida finishes 11-3 and had to ultimately play 6 user games! They were the only blemish on OSU's schedule as well, and took Texas to the limit. I know it looks disappointing as a season, but if you really look at it, it was a very good season.

8. [​IMG]

OU played everyone tough and finished 10-3. They did lose to Florida in the Cotton Bowl and lost to Texas but they were in every game.

9. [​IMG]

Notre Dame has an ok year going 10-3, but I'm sure they were disappointed at their poor showing this year in user games. Next year should be better since their QB will have a little more experience.

10. [​IMG]

Michigan finishes up 9-4 and they were in the running all season for the Big 10 title and more. Really good season for agent 007.

11. [​IMG]Fail.

I look forward to doing a preseason ranking before season 5.

• Like Like x 1
  21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas - AP National Champs!

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

this is the last time i let you win the rose bowl, the last time. :mad:

23. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Notre Dame with another disappointing season. Go figure.

24. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

All hail the King of the Haters - BDS! For real though, Bama got lucky having to play me instead of Texas or OSU. But I gotta give Perry credit, he deserves the top billing despite 2 losses. By now, we are all familiar with the phenomenal roster Perry started off with but he also recruited to match his style of play and executed well during the games (at least against Nebraska). Congrats Perry. Im pretty sure you would have beat me 9 out of 10 times. But Im fucking your Bull Connor ass up next time we play.

25. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Why do I have to be Bull Connor?