Preseason football

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by einstein313, Aug 9, 2009.

1. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

Preseason football

Hi guys my name is mark(LSUmark) I recently filled out the new member application, but anywho, i am watching the preseason football game and the fake punt play was probably the most creative play i have ever seen. However wasn't it kind of stupid for them to do it in the pre-season now all the teams can plan for it. So i bring the question up what is the most creative play you have ever seen and was it too early for such a creative play.

2. Kingerock

Kingerock I'm kinda a big deal...

That was the basic Statue of Liberty type play. I've lived in Texas all my life and love the high school football here so in various ways I've seen it multiple times.

Today I'm still partial to the Boise State version and also their hook n ladder in the Fiesta Bowl back in 2007. Not that they are the best 'trick plays' but with the stakes at hand and the drama excitement that came along with it.

3. Kingerock

I must also say that Tennessee 1st team is looking extremely solid tonight. Vince Young on the other hand looks completely lost. Something isn't right with him.

4. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Vince Young looks like Vince Young..LOL. Maybe he needs to return to Texas and play for Houston......NOT!!!!

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Yes, I thought it was strange to unveil that play in a preseason game too but I am not going to question Jeff Fisher. He has quietly become one of the top few coaches in the league the past 5 - 10 years.
    Vince Young does look exactly like the Vince Young I know. He looks lost because he isn't very bright. He should be strictly used by the Titans as a wildcat type option and get maybe 8 - 10 snaps a game to throw off the defense.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Let me break it down for you:
    Intelligence
    Odie from Garfield
    >​
    Vince Young

7. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

so mad i missed the game i totally forgot about it

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

was thinking the same thing

9. Kingerock

I was just talking to a friend that went to UT with V Young, actually had a class with him her Junior year. She said he was a jerk and really dumb as far as class work. He was 'encouraged' to never speak up or join conversations and she said he started referring to himself in third person for a little while. I believe it was a psych class. She said his 'tutors' basically did all his work for him.

sad story...

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

I believe this story. Ive known several people in the Houston area that knew him in Highschool and claims he was a poster child for the "Dumb Athlete".

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im a Longhorn fan (I know, I know) so I really respect what Vince Young did on the field at Texas. I think he was one of the greatest college football players of all time. Every time he opens his mouth though, I just face-palm and think to myself "just.. shhhhhh.. please... stop talking. oh god.." I think he scored a 10 or something ridiculous on that test they give NFL rookies. My 2 year old cousin could score higher than that. Dont they ask questions like "Who is the president of the United States of America"?

He should've stayed another year at Texas. I dont think that would have solved all his NFL problems, but it couldnt have made them any worse. lol

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Can we issue another SAT?

13. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Didn't he score like a 9 on the wunderlic test? AJ Treppasso made Buckeye nation proud with those wheels! That's Buckeye Special team speed! On another note, was it just me or did it look like Algae Crumpler swallowed a Volkswagen? Mix in a salad once in a while, jeez. Tennessee is going to be damn good this year. Nate Washington is a big addition for them. I really like them in the AFC.

14. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

yeah, I noticed Crumpler looked like a BUS!

15. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Holy Hell, He was quivering like a bowlful of Jelly, its was a little disturbing.

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Its also disturbing to think that someone hated their kid enough to name them algae. j/k hah

17. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alge_Crumpler read it and weep, His given name is Algernon, and His old mans Name was Carlester, so was his brothers, (Played for the Seahawks when I was a kid)

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Of course the Redskins have to kick off the preseason Thursday night. Looks like I won't be in the front of the line @ Gamestop to pick up Madden =[.

19. einstein313

einstein313 Walk On

So will tom brady play in preseason