Preseason Games?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Anthrax78, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Are we going to be playing the preseason as well? Just wanted to know.

2. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

Imma say yes based on the theory that when I played a single user online ccm I still had to do the preseason as opposed to just jumping straight into the season

3. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

They are there to play. Just have to decide if we will play them all, or just a couple... or sim them all with injuries off? (im not even sure if injuries can be turned off for sim advances or not.)

4. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I think they should be played to gain XP for players and build depth, but I would like to see the league move fast as well. So in other words, I'm about 60/40 for it.

5. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I agree with this, either way players gain XP even from sim, but would be nice just to play with the lower string players and see if you can use someone or not. For me there is no way i'd play Forte, Cutler and Marshall in the preseason games. I'll be putting 2nd string and so on.

6. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

Azure on twitter stated on his players only league he's going to do 2 min qtrs for the preseason so its most likely going to be the same for this league

7. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Yeah, I think Im going to reduce the minutes in the Pre-Season but not by much in the Coaches league because unlike in the Players CCM, we can control the whole game. Im thinking 4 minutes for the pre-season so people can get a good look at their back ups.

8. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

That sounds good, hopefully by the 10th EA will be able to get their servers up and running without it crashing all the time. Its kinda of a headache, I've been trying to do a solo online CCM so I can see how the website and league coexist but gave up after always being booted after game or practice with nothing getting saved. :mad:

9. RRAHx2

RRAHx2 Cleared for Takeoff

The computer automatically takes out the first string after the 1st quarter in the pre-season. So that might help you guys with injury concerns. I know it only takes one play to get hurt, but the automatic sub helps alot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Yeah, I think more people than anticipated are probably on the servers. Im sure they will adjust accordingly. NCAA servers were fine...LOL.

11. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Very true, Im not really worried about injuries myself but I know that they can happen over the course of 4 pre-season games. I do miss the 3rd and 4th string playing from Madden 12. But I guess because of the CCM tech it was changed to just 1st and 2nd string.

12. bruno_sardine

bruno_sardine Walk On

AzureEffect Am I missing something, or did I just not get an invite to the league on XBOX. Tried joining but it says I need a password. I'm a bit out of the loop right now, sorry.

13. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I have not received one either but I believe we are still waiting for the roster update on September 11th. People on game scheduling are jumping the gun.

14. bruno_sardine

bruno_sardine Walk On

If you search for the league online, there are 31 of 32 members joined already.

15. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Really?! I'm not so that makes no sense to me. There is a Sim Standard Player CCM which I think is what you may be seeing, not the coach league.

16. bruno_sardine

bruno_sardine Walk On

I see. I guess we just wait then.

17. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

Yeah, I'm sure Azure will give out the proper information when the roster update drops.

18. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Nah, that's the Players CCM that I am running, totally separate from TheSimStandard League. We are waiting for the Updated Rosters before we start our CCM; trust me, once they drop. The invite will be waiting for you all...lol