Preseason is here!!!!

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Preseason is here!!!!

Get your stuff done, boys, and we'll get the next season going.

2. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Christmas!!

3. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

YES! How long do we have until we advance?

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Until we're done. I'm thinking tomorrow. Guys usually get some time on Sundays.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hey Archie if I have a bye any where around weeks 5-7 can I get my home game vs USF in there. Also if I dont have a user game week 1 can I get my game against my easy opponent there. Im thinking about changing somethings on offense and defense this year and need to try them out.

6. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

Guys, remember when you're setting up your recruiting boards, the 1-7-70 rule is in effect, and #'s 1, 2, 3, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50....will be bonus recruits. I'll try to get a list of these guys posted tomorrow.

7. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

so its every tenth recruit throughout all the four stars. i think i missed out on the good ones.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

DOH!!!!! The #2 guy in the country is a studly QB that's interested in Michigan, but he's too damned slow to play for me. Drat!!!

Could be fun watching Florida (if they don't mind someone that slow), Oklahoma (if they don't mind getting overloaded with studly QBs), Notre Dame (whom I'm assuming is possibly creaming his pants a little bit thinking about this guy), Florida State and Ohio State battling for this guy.

9. jello1717

Man! I'm looking at the recruits now and there are some non-bonus 5* guys that are muthafuggin' bad ass!

How can I choose only 1 of them?!?

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Not a real good year for OSU when it comes to bonus recruits, not that I get these guys anyway.

I think I'll make a run at the QB at number 2, and a bunch of the four star guys want to be Buckeyes, but I had a much better look at last year's guys. Oh, well - just gonna hafta learn how to recruit.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I had a hard time deciding who I wanted to go after for my five star. I really want to go at the #3 WR but I already have 7 receivers who are over 90 OVR and only one of them is a senior.

12. jello1717

I'm in the same boat! I really want a HB or a WR 5*, but I think I have 8 or 9 WRs and 6 HBs, none of whom graduate next year. :elephant:

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll help you out AG. Here is the key to signing good recruits:
    1. Right click on a recruit that you're interested in
    2. Look at the yellow names on his list
    3. If any of the yellow names says "Michigan", then don't go after that guy
    4. ?????
    5. Profit!
    This goes for any of you and trust me, it'll work like a dream! If all of you would just take a look at your target lists and remove anyone that's interested in Michigan, I'd greatly appreciate it and you'll end up thanking me in the end.

13. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

As predicted, the broken progression really did cause our rosters to get out of control. Most of us have 10+ players rated over 90. Florida's roster is absurd. In 2 years, all 4 of my starting LB's may be 99's, and in 3 years they certainly will.

A lot of good looking 5*'s interested in ND. Not a ton of interest from the bonus guys, pretty much the same as last year where some are interested but I'm toward the bottom of their top 10 with several users ahead of me. I'm hoping to get more than 2.

QB is a need for us. You better believe QB #1 is going to hear from ND, a lot. I just hope UF and OU don't want him.

All the TE's say "blocking" again, but there seems to be a bit more speed at the position. That 5* FB seems to have JMill or Shaun's name written all over him.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That fullback is a great blocker, but we are looking for more of a runner.

That guy would be beast in the old I form triple option, or the I form lead offense.

15. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It's sooooo hard to decide on who to go after...I don't think I'll be going after the studly QB's considering I have Jordan Thomas from my first class. That one dude has B+ THP and THA and has Florida #2...Look out.

I think I have one bonus guy that is a lock to be a Sooner but other than that, not a whole lot. I have a sophomore Guard who is a 95OVR. Holy crap. The only problem, well, one of the problems with our guys progressing so quickly is the chance to lose them early to the NFL. I have to totally consider all guys over 90 could go on to the League next season. Kind of makes my recruiting choices more interesting.

16. jello1717

While I had a bunch of guys progress a lot (had a G go from 82 -> 92) my offensive skills guys didn't progress for shit! My defensive guys averaged +5.2 with a fair number of +7 and above, while my offensive skills guys only averaged +2.9.

POS Before After Change
    QB1 84 85 1*
    HB1 88 92 2
    HB2 84 86 2
    HB3 82 86 4
    HB4 80 83 3
    WR1 88 91 3
    WR2 88 92 4
    WR3 85 89 4
    WR4 83 86 3
    WR5 82 85 3
    WR6 80 83 3

*Are you muthafuggin' kiddin' me?!?!?!?!

I'm wondering if this is because Forcier was hurt for 1/2 of the season and because I spread the ball around a lot on offense. When I compare those numbers to my defense it just makes me wanna cry.
    POS Change
    DE 6
    DE 6
    DT 5
    DT 5
    DT 5
    OLB 6
    OLB 5
    OLB 7
    OLB 5
    OLB 7
    OLB 4
    MLB 5
    CB 7
    CB 7
    CB 5
    CB 5
    FS 3
    FS 4
    FS 2
    SS 5
    SS 8

Did anyone else see their progression like mine where they progressed much, much more on one side of the ball than the other? My defensive guys averaged more than +5 while I didn't have a single offensive skills guys (a lot of whom played significant minutes last year) that was +5 or better!

17. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That is strange, Jello.

To JHeb's point, I wonder if the higher ratings will translate into more guys leaving early, or if that's more depth chart / statistics driven.

Oh, and nice South Park reference, Jello.

18. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

I saw a range of progression from +1 to +7. Unfortunately, my anticipated starting HB Robert Hughes was +1. My #2 guy, rsSO Jonas Gray was +5 (he's a big back similar to Hughes) putting him even or 1 OVR higher than Hughes. Further complicating matters, my speed guy, rsFR Cierre Wood, was +6. So now I've got a bit of a dilemma in the backfield. I'm thinking my depth chart week 1 will be 1. Gray, 2. Wood, 3. Hughes. Didn't expect that, I thought Hughes would be in the 90's.

All 3 TE's were +3 (a little disappointing). Michael Floyd was +6 and is now 98 OVR as a true junior (as he should be). The O Line progressed nicely, 4-5 for each of them I think. I'm paper thin at OL though.

On D, nothing major to note. Ian Williams (DT) was +7, making him a 96 OVR for his senior season. LB Steve Filer was also +7, putting him in the low 90's as a rsSO. Have I mentioned my LB's are going to be amazing in another year?

19. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Im in the same boat as Shaun. I lost Dwyer who was a beast at FB for the triple option. His backup was lucky to average 2 yards a carry. Could be a long season. May have to rethink our gameplan once Nesbitt leaves

20. jello1717

I foresee all fleXbox One teams having issues when they progress. Most of them have the kind of FBs that you need for that kind of offense, but there are never any FBs that you can recruit that are of the caliber/type that you need.

21. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

For a fleXbox One, I see no reason why you can't recruit a power back and move him there. The problem is that guys can end up taking a big ratings hit when you do that. I thought about moving by HB Hughes there (he's 238 pounds, and got moved there in real life this year), but he would have gone from 87 to like 65.

So, long story short, you might still be right Jello.

22. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I have a 45 overall FB starting this year....his awareness is crappy and his blocking is mediocre....but in the FleXbox One blocking isn't that important for a FB.

My FB last year (now my #1 WR of all things) was fast and could run, but was not tough and couldn't break a tackle...when you are running the FB dive you better be able to run forward.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If I ran the Flex, I would definately look at moving a power back to fullback. Even if he ends up in the 60's overall ,if the guy can gash it on the field then let em gash.