PRESEASON OUTLOOK 2011

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

PRESEASON OUTLOOK 2011

I am posting some questions everyone needs to answer concernig their teams for the upcoming season. If there are other things you want to post feel free.

You should probably wait until you are sure who will be doing what for your team before you answer.

2. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

What are your expectations for the 2011 season (projected record as well)?

Team Strengths

Team Weaknesses

Key losses (players) from last season (as best as you can remember)?

Key returning players ?

Do you have any freshmen that will impact your team this season?

Recruiting focus for this year?

Biggest game on your schedule?

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Get ready to start filling out this questionairre regarding your team. Rosters will be pretty much set here pretty soon.

4. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

2011 Texas Longhorns

We don't like to be arrogant or cocky, that isn't our team or Coach. We know we will prepare hard every week and play hard to hopefully win another Big XII and BCS championship. We'll see where we stand at the end of the season

Given that our conference is tough I can see us with a 13-1 record again. In a perfect world we would be undefeated though.

Team Strengths -

We are loaded at every position. QB, HB, WR, CB, SS, FS and each LB position. This team will be as good as the last two year's teams.

Team Weaknesses -

Not really a weakness, because again we are tough at this aspect as well. But I would say d-line because we lost two huge seniors for us who were rated 97 and 96. I'll say this though, the guys in those positions now aren't slouches.

Heisman winner QB Sherrod Harris, HB Vondrell McGee, WR Malcolm Williams, DE Sam Acho, DE Eddie Jones, CB Chykie Brown, CB Curtis Brown, WR James Kirkendoll, WR Brandon Collins, LT Michael Huey, MLB Dustin Earnest, TE Blaine Irby, FB Antwan Cobb (Wheew sounds like alot huh? lol)

Key returning players ?

FS Earl Thomas (99 rated), QB John Chiles (88), HB Cody Johnson (94), HB Fozzy Whitaker (94), CB Aaron Williams (96), SS Blake Giddeon (91), CB Christian Scott (93), MLB Maurice Bailey (90), LOLB Keenan Robinson (97), ROLB Emmanual Acho (92), RT Kyle Nix (97) (These numbers will change after training results)

Do you have any freshamn that will impact your team this season?

Maybe one Freshman will get to see the field this year in spread set formations. Rs Freshman Lewis Crosby will see action as the #5 receiver. Other than that no other freshman will get to play their first year on campus, our team is too deep.

I'll give you two, Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Not to disrespect anyone else, but I am familier with both schools coaches' and both bring tough competitive games each time. Looking forward to our games this year.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Oklahoma 2011

Challenge for a Big XII South title, no small feat when you have the defending conference and national champion in your division

Team Strengths

Passing game, Landry Jones finally gets his shot with the departure of Sam Bradford. Jones will be throwing to Wrs Ryan Broyles, Jameel Owens, DeJuan Miller, and TE James Hanna, all seniors with significant experience.

Team Weaknesses

Depth, big drop off in the talent level once you get past the starters in most position. Can't afford too many injuries.

Sam Bradford! One of the best QBs in the country, threw for over 3000 yards. Bradford's favorite target Cameron Kenney has also graduated. The Sooners leading rusher Mossis Madu has moved on to greener pastures. Defensive anchors, tackle and 1st Team All-Big XII selection Gerald McCoy is gone, as well as linemate Defensive End Jeremy Beal. The secondary also suffered some big losses with cornerback and 2nd Team All-Big XII kick returner Dominique Franks graduated as well.

Key returning players ?

Ryan Broyles, Jameel Owens, James Hanna, and All-Big XII 1st Teamer Alex Williams on offense. Austin Box and Travis Lewis look to make the Sooners one of the most feared defenses in the country. Sam Proctor has moved from Free Safety to Cornerback and Desmond Jackson will continue to be a menace for opposing Quarterbacks at Free Safety.

No real Freshman impact players this year.

Red River Rivalry! After being shutout and embarrassed last year, the Sooners look to bounce back and compete like they did in '09 when they lost in overtime. Could be a huge game with National Championship implications.

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Tennessee Vols

We have a lot of good seniors leaving. Don't know what to expect without being able to look at where the depth chart is currently, but a bowl eligible season is what we are gunning for.

Team Strengths
    Again, without looking at the roster, I do not know for sure. I believe our running game will be very talented this season and our defense should be pretty solid.

Team Weaknesses
    I believe with all the talent we are losing this team has a lot of work to do to compete with the Big Guns in the SEC. We will work hard and play smart, Tennessee Football.

-SS Eric Berry
    -RE Ben Martin
    -WR Gerald Jones
    -LE Chris Walker
    -CB Dennis Rogan
    -DT Victor Thomas
    -QB Nick Stephens

Key returning players ?
    HB Tauren Poole

I believe we have a DT that could find himself playing on saturdays. DT Corey Williams; 6' 3" 291 LBs; could have what it takes to fill some holes.

Florida....enough said.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I think we can battle for an East title. We are young in key areas but a 10-2 season is not out the question.

Team Strengths
    Our strengths are our skill guys on offense and our senior QB John Brantley. They are all back except Emmanuel Moody and Aaron Hernandez.

Team Weaknesses
    I think our defense and offensive line are going to take some time to find it's identity. We lost some all time great Gators this past year.

Pouncey Twins
    Carlos Dunlap (Bednarik and Lombardi Award winner)
    Major Wright
    Ahmad Black
    Joe haden
    Janoris Jenkins
    Aaron Hernandez
    Emmanuel Moody
    Chaz Henry P

Key returning players ?
    John Brantley
    Jeff Demps
    Chris Rainey
    Deonte Thompson
    Will Hill
    Dee Finley
    Jonathan Phillips K

Not Freshmen but we had a Center come in from a Juco and he will start for us this year.

We were successful in pulling in 7 OL I think in this recruiing class to have us et up for depth for the future. We were excited about that.

We have a couple of FS and SS that will be 2nd line behind Hill and Finley. So they will help us on Special Teams which is a big deal on this team.

Recruitnig focus for this year?

We really need help at DT we are thin there and we really couldn't get who we felt were Gator caliber players at that position in last year's recruiting. We will obviously be out to grab some top notch RB and WR's.

I think the biggest games for us is the LSU and Alabama games. We have not beaten those teams LSU in two years and have had some epic battles with the TIDE.

8. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Eye Of The Tiger

[​IMG]

We have set the bar very high. During my stint at Oklahoma State, I managed to take an average team and turn it into a contender 2 years straight. Imagine what I can do with a defense.

I expect to finish with 2-3 losses. Hopefully, we can make some noise our first year and upset some squads to make it to the Conference title game.

Team Strengths
    The defense. Tough and full of intensity. Should be able to give the offense more room to play with. Word is, that Jordan Jefferson and his prime receiver Terrance Toliver have been working very hard together on getting their timing down. Those two will be tough to stop.

Team Weaknesses
    Well, I haven't had much experience so I can't say for sure. The lack of speed at the half back position will for sure play a factor. I am hearing about a freshman that is 6'2 200 something pounds who is a brute.

Again, not much experience with this squad so I can't say who impacted our team by leaving.

Key returning players ?
    I would have to say Jordan Jefferson. I didn't use him right in the couple of games I had. I really like his abilities and think he will have a career year. Also, Terrance Toliver and Loston the free safety on defense.

Most of the freshman, if not all, will redshirt this year so probably not.

A game-breaking running back and wide receiver. As well as pieces to the defense.

This is from LSUSports.net

Was wondering if we can keep our schedules to real life as close as possible?

Games in bold are big games..

Sat, Sep 03 TBD

Sat, Sep 10 Northwestern St.

Sat, Sep 17 @ Mississippi St.

Sat, Sep 24 @ West Virginia

Sat, Oct 01 Kentucky

Sat, Oct 08 Florida

Sat, Oct 15 @ Tennessee

Sat, Oct 22 Auburn

Sat, Nov 05 @ Alabama

Sat, Nov 12 Southern Miss

Sat, Nov 19 @ Ole Miss

Sat, Nov 26 Arkansas

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

EA determines SEC scheduling but I will add the WVU game for you.

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Georgia ranked #6 in Preseason Polls

What are your expectations for this year?

This year expectations will be at an all time high, with all of are young players starting to come of age its time for this 2 and 3 year starters to show what there made of. Anything less then a BCS bowl game and this year will be a dissapointment, but we are also really focusing in on playing better in are conference and making it to the SEC Championship game which we havent been to in awhile. Prediction Georgia's record (11-1).

Team Strengths

Georgia's team strengths this year will be our offensive line and overall depth, we should be able to run the ball and having to solid QB's to choose from(Big Arm and Mobile) we should be really good on offense.

Team Weaknesses

Georgia;s team weaknesses will be to the ability to stop the big play, we keep giving up long runs and big pass plays which always end up costing us games. We play great defense for 45 out of 50 plays and give up 5 TD's. This year we are hoping this will change. but its a big problem.

Key Losses

Top WR AJ Green will definately hurt as he leaves early for the draft but besides some Oline guys nothing hurt that bad and with the amount of depth we have on the Oline were in good shape.

Key Returning PLayers

With most of our Offense returing we are looking for a big year and with some large increases in player ratings some players are now fighting for there starting jobs SO QB Zach Mettenberger(Big Arm) increased to a 91 ovr and leap frogged (SR) QB Logan Gray(Mobile) who is 90 ovr the kid is going to get to start. Same thing happened at RB with Zach Renner leap froggin Carlton Thomas, 93 ovr and 92 ovr but these guys will most likely split duties anyways.

Freshman Impact

Not much impact will be felt from this years recruitng class unless injuries arise.

Recruiting Focus for this Year

Georgia will be looking for its quota of 5 stars this year as last year they only landed 2, but more specifically HB, DL and speed at WR are going to be targeted.

Biggest Game of the Year

The biggest game of the year will be Florida as the winner will most likely be playing in the SEC championship game

GO DAWGZ!

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

good job drunken

12. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

8-5, finally went to bowl and actually won so hopefully will improve a game

Team Strengths- Oline- Everyone returning but Center
    Running Back- Darnell Scott SR
    D-line- All returning but RE...
    Linebackers- All Returning

Team Weaknesses- FB- Havent got one in recruiting yet, be in spread again
    WR- Lost Simmons and Mcknight,
    DB- Lost 3 starters #1CB, FS,SS

SS-Pat Manhke- only all big 12
    WR- Andre Simmons KR/#1 WR
    WR- Scotty McKnight stud
    QB- Cody Hawkins injured but best player on team

Key returning players ? RB-Darnell Scott(SR), Wr-Marques Simas(SR), TE-Cory Daniels(SO), RT-Bryce Givens(jR), DE-Nick Kasa(SO), DT-Conrad OBI(SR), OLB-Jon Major(JR), MLB Daniel Robinson(SO), OLB Douglas Rippy(SO),

WR-Adam Ross #2 WR
    FS- Ryan Newby starter
    K-Jamaal Busch

Recruiting focus for this year? RB,FB,OLB,CB

schedule didnt get posted

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

i can answer for you NEBRASKA

14. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

dont know enough to fill that out but i predict 9-4 dont think i have the talent on defense to stay with any users lol

15. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

ALABAMA - 2011

Team Expectations -

With the level of talent this BAMA team has, the SEC Championship is the minimum expectation in Tuscaloosa!

Team Strengths -

Running Back Mark Ingram, QB Star Jackson and the Secondary.

Team Weaknesses -

The Wide Receiver position is a question mark. Mark Maze was injured all of last year but has good speed and hands. Nevertheless, the depth at WR is pretty weak.

JULIO!!!!

Key returning players ?

This year's Alabama team will rely on the running game much more than in the past. With that said, Mark Ingram and the Offensive Line will be key for this year's Crimson Tide.

None this year.

Since we run the 3-4, linebackers will be key in this year's recruiting class.

There are two big games - LSU and Florida. LSU always has the talent but may struggle a little with their new coach and system :). The last two games against Florida were classics and the winner of the game decided the SEC champ the last two seasons. A darkhorse on the schedule would have to be Tennessee.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

2011 Projection: 7-5 (4th in SEC West). The Bulldogs are a year or two away from being able to compete for an SEC West title

Team Strengths: Miami transfer Laron Byrd is the Bulldogs' primary weapon on offense. Look for him to not only catch passes, but also line up in the backfield and take handoffs and run some out of the "Wild Bulldog" formation as well as return kicks and punts. Senior DT Pernell McPhee and LE Fletcher Cox anchor a defense that is better than people think.

Team Weaknesses: The Bulldogs have major question marks at QB and HB. QB Tyler Russell and HB Montrell Conner are sophomores and 1st year starters. OL is also an area of concern.

True freshman SS Joshua Pitts will see significant playing time in the Bulldog 3-3-5 base defense

Recruiting focus for this year? Speed, Speed, and more speed. Position wise we can get better just about everywhere, but must haves are TE, OL, OLB, FS, SS

Biggest game on your schedule? November 17 when Ole Miss comes to town for the Egg Bowl. Get your cow bells ready!

17. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Texas A&M Outlook

10-2 make it to the big 12 ccg

Team Strengths
    Powerful Offense.. 1 2 punch with TBs strong QB and soild Oline

Team Weaknesses

Wasnt at TAMU last season

Key returning players ?
    Ryan Tannehill

No starting freshman.. several will see time on defense 2nd string.

building up offense line and stocking up the defense.

The Lone Star Shoot out with UT.. Beat UT last season in the reg season and lost to them in the CCG. got them at home this year should be a brawl...

18. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

We have a very experienced team. We are expecting a 10-2 regular season and a possible trip to the conference championship.

Team Strengths
    In the trenches - especially along the DLine.

Team Weaknesses
    Sophmore QB and poor kicker/punter.

Just took the job this year.

Key returning players ?
    SR(RS) TE Hill
    SR(RS) RB Mendoza
    SR(RS) DT Moore

Both the kicker and punter are freshmen this year. Apart from that our 4th CB that will see the field in dime packages.

Our linemen are mostly upperclassmen, we need some young guys in there so they can develop.

BigXII conference matchup on week 9 at #1 Texas (skipwondah33).

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Tennessee Vols

Team Expectations -

We just want a bowl game. This coach wants a bowl game in this league.

Team Strengths -

The running game seems to be our biggest strength. With both Oku's speed and Poole's strength, we should be able to run on just about anyone.

Team Weaknesses -

Inexperience at quarterback. I seem to be plagued with having problems throwing the ball in this league, an inexperienced QB doesn't help things.

Eric Berry and Nick Stephens

Key returning players ?

Oku and Poole. Love this running back tandem we have here at the real Orange UT.

We don't at the moment, but we may have some that could possibly fill in trouble spots.

Defense Defense Defense. We have QB's to build on and some other skill positions we don't need to panic over. This team is going to focus on defense and keeping our offense in the game. When we panic, it's game over.

Nice and early against the Gators. Going to the swamp will be tough, we may not make it, but we will put up one helluva fight. Week 8 we travel to Tuscaloosa to take on the Tide who has, under user controler, lost only 1 game. Week 10 we play LSU in Neyland Stadium. Cimmy v CA round 6. Enough said. Then we end the season with a huge game against my alma mater, Penn State.

20. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

:p Good stuff

21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

haha, i gotta

22. skipwondah33

skipwondah33 Walk On

We should get a home and home going in the next few years man, after you get a couple recruiting seasons under your belt.

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm down for that.