Preseason Outlook: Troy Trojans

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by wr11, Jul 29, 2010.

1. wr11

wr11 Walk On

Preseason Outlook: Troy Trojans

[​IMG]

With Larry Blakeney and his staff moving on. Coach Rodgers steps in to fill big shoes. The 4-Time defending Sun Belt Champs have many starting spots up for grabs replacing a huge senior class.

Coach Rodgers
    "We are looking to improve everyday with a lot of veterans moving on the young guys are hungry for thier chance to prove they can play. I'm excited to be at a program that has a bright future."

Offensive Outlook

Dontavious Parker finally has all eyes on him as he sat behind Troy's first 4000 yard passer. Dontavious asked if he was ready for the challenge "I learned from the best passer in school history I'm definitly ready for my oppurtunity and with hard work who knows 4500"
    This year may be Troys most balanced offensive team they'll be looking to keep defenses guessing with the run and pass coming on any down. The return of the Sun Belts Freshman of the Year Shawn Southward will be an interesting story to watch as he and Dejuan Taylor will share carries.

Defensive Outlook

Defensively the Trojans will need to gel quickly as 8 starters will have to be replaced. Captain Xavier Lamb will try to lead Trojans defense to another top rated Sun Belt defense. The Dline will anchor the team with a solid group of returners.

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Troy will continue to be a factor in the Sun Belt Conference.