Preseason play or sim?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jmustang1968, Sep 4, 2012.

?

Play or Sim the Preseasons?

1. Play it out!

68.4%
  2. Sim it!

31.6%
  1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ok guys, I want some feedback about the preseason. We can sim it, or play it out and do the practicing and gaining player XP.

Playing the preseason will I think add more depth and authenticity to the GMFL experience. However, it will be at the price of time. Every 4 preseasons will equal 1 regular season. Do we want to slow the league down that much for it?

Please vote and leave some comments for discussion.

ParkerR83
    Raidernation
    RyanC
    GovernedSpy
    Bucs
    bringbackjimmy
    hoppedupford
    Bl0ndeRedHead
    Jamie
    Wilfiger PSU 38
    GMONEY 15
    dj illmatic 23
    BigTyme21
    stryder24
    CTfromDC
    The Richuation
    Fiddy14
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    DaveIV82
    Snozberriez8198
    Nvschultz1325
    Qui3tStorm
    Capt Crunch

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I voted for play it out, but maybe at an advanced pace... like advance every 24 or 48 hours.

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It would be every 24 hours for sure. I would like many of our regular advances to be 48 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

I'd say say skip it so everyone is on EXACT same playing field XP wise to start season.

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Play it out, I believe I touched on it in a different thread but this go round the preseason is key for rookies and cuts without cap penalties. Worried about injuries ??? Play all backups get much needed coach and player XP. The new additions make it tough to sim it out now .... My stance is slowly shifting. IDEA ..... might be able to blitz thru the preseason in a single night like the draft..... Each GM present does cuts himself game xp is already included.

6. Raidernation

..... Wait if we do sim we'd still get to cut player ourselves ? It'd be the same as what I put behind "idea" if so its possible

7. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Raidernation cut through preseason in one night? are you suggesting that we sim the games and manage the cuts ourselves or were you saying play the games?!

8. Raidernation

Don't think there is a "level" playin field for xp, teams will naturally perform better than others thus raising the bar for each thing they accomplish.

9. Raidernation

Lol I kinda said the same thing twice I know... I'm for playing it out (game and practice XP) but if I have to Sim I atleast want to do my cuts

10. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If we decide to play it out, I am almost positive we will do a 24 hr advance. GM cuts and other upkeep mandatory, but playing the game is optional. If an owner wants, they can sim their preseason games. This should speed up the process and allow those who want to be more involved the ability to do so.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raidernation

In addition those that don't want to PLAY their preseason matchups should autopilot so those that do can play their actual preseason games with no problems

12. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

Playing it out favors someone who has the time to sit and play the games..practices etc to earn more xp points. Not everyone can sit and play through a whole preseason in 24 hrs.

13. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

I think he meant 1 week = 24 hours not the whole preseason

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

It will be a preseason game every 24 hours, so 4 days for the preseason.

You can sim the games but still do the GM stuff, like practice and cuts. I am leaning towards this as it gives a more authentic experience.

I can't balance everything on fairness, we should all still have fun. The game also favors the guys with stick skills who have the time to practice and win more so will get more xp etc... I wont make the games mandatory like regular season games, so I am thinking that might be the best of both worlds compromise there.

15. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Jmustang1968

I should have the game in my hands tomorrow finally. One of the very few drawbacks from living here in Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

It's 50/50 to me. I like the addition of preseason and the strategy behind developing your players while balancing injuries etc... With that said if injuries are on, I just ask for them to be on for SIM as well. For those who may actually get more XP by simming the preseason without worrying about injuries either make it worth it to not play. With all that said, making your own cuts is a big deal, I wouldn't trust the CPU to do this!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

I like the idea of having the option of playing or simming. Some of us may not have the time to play a pre-season game but still be able to do the scouting and practice stuff. I also agree that if you know that you are not playing your pre-season game, put yourself on auto pilot to expedite the process.

18. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Make sure to vote in the poll at the top of this thread guys

19. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

i would vote to sim the preseason.. but do it every 24 hours so we can cut who we want to cut.

20. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Well if we are going to do it every 24 hrs anyway, whats the harm in letting guys play their games if they want?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Fiddy14

Fiddy14 THL Commissioner

well, guys get XP points. right?

by simming we all on equal ground. or am i wrong?

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I believe you get XP points from a sim or if you play it

23. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

It gives xp through the sim as well. the 24 hour advances are perfectly fine with me, but I do agree that if you aren't playing to be on auto so that people who want to play can

• Like Like x 1
  24. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I like playing it out at an advanced pace. However, I would turn off injuries. With the quicker pace, people are bound to miss games. It would be a shame to lose a key player to a Pre season sim injury.

25. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I disagree, Injuries are part of football and I don't like turning them off ever. If you play the games your players may still get injured too, it is a crapshoot

• Like Like x 1