Preseason Poll User Top 5

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Feb 1, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Preseason Poll User Top 5

The return of the user polls..... vote here......

#1 Texas A&M -- Drifter wears the heavy crown and gets everyone's best shot this year....

#2 Oregon -- Went undefeated during the regular season and already proclaims this current group is his best of the dynasty...

#3 Virginia Tech -- the return of Ryan Moore makes this group explosive....

#4 UCLA -- a big ass snake lying in the weeds waiting to strike.. got all the talent in the world if they can stay healthy.....

#5 Georgia -- The Bulldogs gotta break through at some point dont they..? 2 SEC titles 4 SEC title appearances... no BCS title game appearances.... BBJ gotta get there at some point... is this the year?

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

hey ryan moore went pro. I'm still debating on who to start at QB.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#12 Georgia Tech - This 1 star program is in disarray. They don't know what offense they are going to run this season. The fate of the team could end up in the hands of a :2stars: freshman tight end named Steve "Clark" Kent.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I guess it's hard for me to downplay my #1 ranking since I won it all last year, have most of my team returning, and have added solid depth with recruiting...

However, last year all of the cards just fell in place for us to make our run despite all of the roadblocks we faced. I'm assuming this year that we won't be as lucky. It could be our last year to really have a shot too, since I could lose a very talented Jr class to the draft in addition to my graduating seniors.

But Alas, my rankings would be:

#1 Oregon - Too much talent, too good of coaching. Oregon suffered a heartbreaking turn at the end of their season as they watched a sure conference championship and BCS title slip through their fingers. They are hungry and motivated this year.

#2 Texas A&M - Arguably more talented at the skill positions than last year with only the loss of 7 starters from last season's championship team. A tougher schedule and a target on their back could quickly deflate the Aggies bubble.

#3 Virginia Tech - See Oregon. VT will have to overcome some tough speed bumps along the way, but, if you had to pick an SEC favorite today, you would have to put your money on the Hokies.

#4 UCLA - They are in the hunt every year. Fantastic coaching will get this talented group of Bruins in the mix for the Big XII championship and beyond.

#5 Georgia - Haynes returns and will carry this team by leading a stingy defensive unit. That is, if the dirtiest player in NCAA history doesn't end up in jail first. The NCAA has a pending investigation of some alleged assault and battery charges in some local night clubs that may have "fallen behind the counter."

#6 Virginia - Keller to Parham.

5. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

#1 The #1 team from the Big XII South
    #2 The #1 team from the Big XII North
    #3 The #2 team from the Big XII North
    #4 The #2 team from the Big XII South
    #5 This spot is reserved for whoever the SEC feels like sending to the Big XII's national championsip game.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

ouch, fighting words.

7. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

I already requested a trip to Lincoln.... now we are demanding a trip to Lincoln.....

8. JrRawlins

ahh my preseason poll is officially in the toilet, with Texas A&M losing and Virginia Tech losing at home by 20...... damn

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Georgia Tech is movin' on up like George Jefferson.