Preseason Power Rankings

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thaexistence, Sep 7, 2012.

1. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

I am happy to do this for our league and please ignore the spelling errors as I am not going to sit here for ten hours. With that said, attempting to create a preseason top ten is a daunting task that had me twisting and turning as I attempted to evaluate the criteria to make the top ten up. So I tried to include past coaching and standings with this years talent so sorry new guys... This is my first time doing this so if anyone has any ideas on how I could improve please let me know!

Honorable Mentions:
    [​IMG]Jacksonville Jaguars
    How could I not mention the team that made it to last two seasons Superbowls? Well, I couldn't really talk about myself in the third person and this is a completely different team.
    [​IMG]Carolina Panthers
    The number one pick in the draft deserves some recognition. Plus they have a solid squad led by a stud QB.
    [​IMG]Atlanta Falcons
    Have you played this juggernaut? Julio Jones is a man beast. 'Nuff said.

12th Man Top Ten Pre-Season Rankings

[​IMG]10. Indianapolis Colts - Exit Peyton. Enter Luck. I know what your thinking! But I figure two years under the same coaching, same schemes, and the same squad plus a stud franchise quarterback is a recipe for success.
    [​IMG] 9. New England Patriots - One of arguably the most talented rosters in madden with youth and ability all around there are big things are expected out of New England. Brady should be able to lead this team to dominance for at least another five years.
    [​IMG]8. New York Giants - The real life defending Super Bowl Champions deserve a place upon this list. Epic Eli should lead this team to early success picking defenses apart with Hicks and Cruz while JPP heads up their amazing defensive line.
    [​IMG] 7. New Orleans Saints - In the virtual world there is no "bounty gate" or suspended coaches and players so look for this well coached squad to compete each week under the accuracy of veteran Drew Brees.
    [​IMG] 6. Baltimore Ravens - Almost. Com'on pick up Lee Evans! Baltimore is led by the never retiring, ageless Ray Lewis. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still playing in five virtual seasons from now but when he does... will the defense be the same? As for now though they are easily a top ten team.
    [​IMG]5. Houston Texans - Some point to the Texans as one of the best teams in the AFC. I concur. They have playmakers on defense and a balanced offense that can tear a defense apart before they know what happens to them. Questions remain about the durability of their star players QB Matt Schaub, HB Adrian Foster, and WR Andre Johnson. As long as they remain upright they should be fighting until the end.
    [​IMG]4. Philadelphia Eagles - The dream team is over. However, this teams talent level is incredible on defense DRC and Asomougha make fellow owners at first envious and then fearful of their potential. On offense Mike Vick coupled with explosive receivers means the run game should see wide open holes. But are there rumors that McCoy has been traded. Really?
    [​IMG]3. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers. Is there anything else you need? No. Not at all. But add Greg Jennings, Jermicheal Finely, Jordy Nelson, Clay Matthews.... I could keep going but I think we all get the point. (Troy can't say I don't love him after this.)
    [​IMG]2. Seattle Seahawks - Surprise? Until you play this stud coach. TJ may have lost the Super Bowl last season but don't expect him to slow down this season. The Seahawks have one of the most underrated rosters in Madden. If only TJ could coach the real Seahawks instead of that joke *cough* Pete Carroll *cough*.
    [​IMG]1. Arizona Cardinals - Yes, I hope to jinx Curtis. However, based upon the past plus another roster loaded with amazing talent the Cardinals have the pieces to win now... except at QB. THANK GOD THAT'S USER CONTROLLED CAUSE THEY ALL SUCK! But seriously defenses will have their hands full with Fitz and Floyd. Defensively they have a ball hawking secondary and virtually no holes.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice write-up John. You have me seriously overrated, but I appreciate the praise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well done John...the AFC South could very well become one of the toughest divisions in 12th Man. With that said...see you week 3 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Great Job John!

• Like Like x 1
  5. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

Nice write up. Enjoy reading this stuff

• Like Like x 1
  6. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

nice...

• Like Like x 1
  7. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Nice writeup John but I don't belong anywhere in the top 10 right now

• Like Like x 1
  8. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Philly only wishes they could dump McCoy

• Like Like x 1
  9. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

There are lies, damn lies, and Curtiss's lies.

• Like Like x 1
  10. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

no respect for the Chiefs:confused: .....lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gutcheck64

Gutcheck64 Walk On

nice read jon,but hey i wanna keep these falcons under the radar...lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

He's right. He deserves a pedestal of his own above the top 10.

13. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Don't even think we don't see you.

14. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

Job well done John!

• Like Like x 1
  15. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Great write-up John. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Miki1369